IGNORED

Keith Green?

logos7

I would suggest going to Last Days Ministries website...they have all the music, and dvd too's. Keith's wife...Melody, she is still carrying on the work of the Lord. I've ordered here myself and have enjoyed the music immensely. Keith was one of the first Christian singer/songwriter that I listened to. Check it out, you won't be dissappointed.

God bless you,

Randal

ps. I forgot something...http://www.lastdaysministries.org/

Edited by treetopflyer

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks everyone :thumbsup: I just listen to two of his songs on YouTube, they were awesome I'm definitely going to get some of His CDs.

Godrulz and Nebula thanks for site to buy his CDs, as I don't think to many Christian Bookstores would have them now.

Just a note on keith. He was a radical christina, and in my mind, the conscience of the church for years. See if you can find a few of his songs that showed this..... Asleep in the Light, The Sheep and the Goats, and So You Want to Go Back to Egypt? You can still get copies of his tracts from Last Days Ministries, run by Melody Green, his wife.

The man inspired many. I was one.

Bruce

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Thanks everyone :thumbsup: I just listen to two of his songs on YouTube, they were awesome I'm definitely going to get some of His CDs.

Godrulz and Nebula thanks for site to buy his CDs, as I don't think to many Christian Bookstores would have them now.

Just a note on keith. He was a radical christina, and in my mind, the conscience of the church for years. See if you can find a few of his songs that showed this..... Asleep in the Light, The Sheep and the Goats, and So You Want to Go Back to Egypt? You can still get copies of his tracts from Last Days Ministries, run by Melody Green, his wife.

The man inspired many. I was one.

Bruce

As was I!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Keith Green, I have one of his Albums. I love his music. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  5.00
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

In the 70's it was known as Maranatha style of music, and interspersing of praise and worship. The beginnings of today's contemporary Christian music.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I grew up listening to Keith Green and still listen to his music so much! He really grew me in my Christian walk and I'd highly recommend him!!

Just a side note, when I first lent my CD to my now-fiance he thought it was a joke because the music sounds very 70-80's. He got over it eventually and now loves Keith too!!

Was tragic that he died so young but it was God's will, we can't possibly know His reasons but they are GOOD :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

I don't believe God desired nor intended Keith Green to die. It was presumptuous to overload the airplane and the pilot should have known better. God allowed it, but that does not mean He intended it. If Keith would have decided to not go up with some kids, he may still be alive today. God has given us free will that He normally does not tamper with, despite the consequences. He does mitigate the situation and did use it to reach the lost and stir the church to their responsibility. Keith was not Calvinistic, so would object to the idea of this being God's perfect will. We are in spiritual warfare. Sometimes there are losses despite our position of victory at the cross and in the end (we are in between now).

I would say from one of Keith's later interviews that he was rather Calvanistic. I agree that in his earlier days he didn't seem to be.

But I don't want to turn this into a debate on predestination - that should be for another thread!

And don't you remember Keith Green singing "I can't wait to get to heaven"

Surely to live is Christ and to die is gain. God is in control of life and death.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I read the biography by his wife Melody.

When they planned the plane trip, and inviting more people to join them, nobody thought anything of it.

After the plane went down, and a comment made about all who were in the plane, it suddenly dawned on Melody - "What were they doing with that many people in the plane?"

So if you're going to try to assign blame, one must figure out why it was the everyone had a brain freeze with regards to this.