• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I've had spritual attacks in the form of dreams prior. Therefore, I felt that this was another one of those. However, when I began to rebuke it I became confused and that's when an attack on mind came to try and fill my mind with a spirit of doubt on ths issue. At least that is what I've come to after prayer. :101: I should not have rebuked it. I should have prayed and asked which direction it came from. This has happened to me prior. :101: I assumed rather than asked.

Ah- this makes sense now.. yeah I've had one of those dreams where they were really spiritual attacks before. I woke up with marks on my chest and incredible pain.. I asked God to heal me after trying to suck it up for a long while and He literally placed his hand on me where it hurt and I was healed. Glad it wasn't one of those.. those suck big time..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I have heard of such dreams, once on an Native reservation, on a missions trip, one of our guys had a dream that Satan and Jesus were in a tug o war with him, When he awoke, he had bruises on his arms where they were held.

IMO. Dave you must be dangerous to the enemy, for him to attack you so, so keep up the good work.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Matt,

Is the Holy Spirit trying to tell you something? I think He is (and of course it's just going to be my opinion about it, not necessarily fact):

I felt as though the dream were somehow wrong and that I should feel guilty about it or something. That was the thought trying to invade my mind.

I think that perhaps the following is what the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you regarding the 'guilty' feeling - and I'm going to quote certain things you said one at a time, because I think it has to do with your statement below which I will quote first (which is part of a common teaching and practice in the church, which I believe we should not be doing):

When I awoke I rebuked it

"But Michael, the archangel, when contending with the Devil, he argued about the body of Moses, he dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy, but said, Let the Lord rebuke you!" (Jude 1:9)

Re 12:11

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

I know that this is common teaching and practice in the church, but who should be rebuking Satan - it is the only One who was powerful enough to defeat him at the cross and to bind him for a thousand years when the time comes and to send him into the lake of fire when the time comes:

The Priest was trying to rebuke satan with an argument and many words and without much result.

"But Michael, the archangel, when contending with the Devil, he argued about the body of Moses, he dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy, but said, Let the Lord rebuke you!" (Jude 1:9)

my hands filled up with communion wine (The Blood). I had huge handfuls of this wine that I threw onto satan and it angered him so that he manifest as a large rather muscular red smoking demon that was quite angry. Smoke poured forth from his mouth and he breathed threats against myself and God. However, I kept throwing huge double handfuls (like you would reach down to scoop up water with two hands) upon him, never saying a word. This made him more angry and threatening as he began to smoke and fade away. He was sent to another place and returned to his previous form defeated.

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

However, I kept throwing huge double handfuls (like you would reach down to scoop up water with two hands) upon him, never saying a word. This made him more angry and threatening as he began to smoke and fade away. He was sent to another place and returned to his previous form defeated.

We should not be rebuking Satan, or trying to rebuke him:

I felt as though the dream were somehow wrong and that I should feel guilty about it or something. That was the thought trying to invade my mind.

The only One who should be rebuking Satan is the only One who was powerful enough to defeat him at the cross and to bind him when the time comes. What happened in your dream when you kept throwing the blood at Satan?

He faded away, and then he was sent away for a time (a thousand years), after which he will return.

That's what I think the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you (actually I'm quite convinced of it, there's no doubt about that at all in my mind - but I'll leave it up to you to judge whether or not this interpretation of your dream is based on what I got from the Holy Spirit, or purely on my beliefs regarding "binding and rebuking Satan")

Lekh

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Hey Matt,

Is the Holy Spirit trying to tell you something? I think He is (and of course it's just going to be my opinion about it, not necessarily fact):

I think that perhaps the following is what the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you regarding the 'guilty' feeling - and I'm going to quote certain things you said one at a time, because I think it has to do with your statement below which I will quote first (which is part of a common teaching and practice in the church, which I believe we should not be doing):

I know that this is common teaching and practice in the church, but who should be rebuking Satan - it is the only One who was powerful enough to defeat him at the cross and to bind him for a thousand years when the time comes and to send him into the lake of fire when the time comes:

The Priest was trying to rebuke satan with an argument and many words and without much result.

my hands filled up with communion wine (The Blood). I had huge handfuls of this wine that I threw onto satan and it angered him so that he manifest as a large rather muscular red smoking demon that was quite angry. Smoke poured forth from his mouth and he breathed threats against myself and God. However, I kept throwing huge double handfuls (like you would reach down to scoop up water with two hands) upon him, never saying a word. This made him more angry and threatening as he began to smoke and fade away. He was sent to another place and returned to his previous form defeated.

However, I kept throwing huge double handfuls (like you would reach down to scoop up water with two hands) upon him, never saying a word. This made him more angry and threatening as he began to smoke and fade away. He was sent to another place and returned to his previous form defeated.

We should not be rebuking Satan, or trying to rebuke him:

The only One who should be rebuking Satan is the only One who was powerful enough to defeat him at the cross and to bind him when the time comes. What happened in your dream when you kept throwing the blood at Satan?

He faded away, and then he was sent away for a time (a thousand years), after which he will return.

That's what I think the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you (actually I'm quite convinced of it, there's no doubt about that at all in my mind - but I'll leave it up to you to judge whether or not this interpretation of your dream is based on what I got from the Holy Spirit, or purely on my beliefs regarding "binding and rebuking Satan")

Lekh

lekh,

The Lord Bless you dear brother.

When we rebuke satan we should use the words that Michael used.

Zec

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

For the sake of some confused. Let me explain the guilt thing.

The guilt that was trying to invade my mind was to the effect that maybe I had something to do with a perceived spiritual attack. As if it were my fault in some way. Condemnation. Like maybe I had sinned or asked for it or something. Like I deserved it. Which is absurd on it's face and due to the fact that I was still half asleep not fully grasped. :emot-pray:

That thought was actually an attack.

peace,

dave

Do you feel that we have the power to bind and to cast off?

Mt

Grace to you,

For the sake of some confused. Let me explain the guilt thing.

The guilt that was trying to invade my mind was to the effect that maybe I had something to do with a perceived spiritual attack. As if it were my fault in some way. Condemnation. Like maybe I had sinned or asked for it or something. Like I deserved it. Which is absurd on it's face and due to the fact that I was still half asleep not fully grasped. :)

That thought was actually an attack.

peace,

dave

Yeah.. Satan will accuse you because he is the accuser of the brethren but you overcome him with the blood of the Lamb like this:

"Above all, take the shield of faith, with which you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God," (Eph 6:16-17)

And then just like in your dream Satan will come at you more fiercely accusing you even more, but if you persist in throwing the blood of the Lamb at him, he will be defeated (because he already was defeated at the cross) and will leave you alone for a while - but just as in the Revelation and the close of the millennium, the moment God allows him to in order that your faith may be tested and strengthened, he will come at you again, this time in a different guise.

I hope not, but it could also be that the Holy Spirit is warning you about a coming trial, or maybe you have been coming under attack and the Lord is letting you know that Satan is powerless if you'll only apply His blood.

Lekh.

What think ye?

I think the devil whispers in our ear while we're sleeping to plant seeds of sinful desires.

What think ye?

I think the devil whispers in our ear while we're sleeping to plant seeds of sinful desires.

Whether that's possible or not it couldn't have been the case in Matt's dream, because in that case there would have been no throwing the blood of Christ at Satan - the blood of Christ is the very last thing Satan would remind someone of in a dream.