• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

My neice has a Dell Inspiron B120 computer. It has a virus on it. I called and got a recovery disk from Dell. When I turn on the computer it allows in to login then goes to the screen savor. From there nothing. It just sits there and won't allow you to do anything. I've tried putting the disk in in hopes that it would run the disk. It doesn't.... it sounds like it's going to then stops.... Do anyone knows how to run the disk in a situation like this. I've tried calling Dell, but they charge to help and I can't afford it right now. Thank you for any help you can give.

God's blessing toward each of you

Jacqueline

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

My neice has a Dell Inspiron B120 computer. It has a virus on it. I called and got a recovery disk from Dell. When I turn on the computer it allows in to login then goes to the screen savor. From there nothing. It just sits there and won't allow you to do anything. I've tried putting the disk in in hopes that it would run the disk. It doesn't.... it sounds like it's going to then stops.... Do anyone knows how to run the disk in a situation like this. I've tried calling Dell, but they charge to help and I can't afford it right now. Thank you for any help you can give.

Jacqueline

Two things. First, the recovery disk has to be in the computer when you turn it on to work. It boots to the CD and then performs the recovery. Before I would use the recovery cd, I would use an anti-virus cd first, booting to the anti-virus application to clean the system. If you don't have one, then spend a little money and buy either Norton or McAfee ... both are great and reliable. I use Norton.

Alan

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

You try to go into safe mode and scan with a free anti-vrus available on the internet or download demo version to do your scanning. You also may also need to make disk format - all the data will be lost and then re-install from the recovery disk

Blessings

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

So yah all I can add, is this, if I was anywhere near you I would have a look at it and fix it for you!

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Jacqueline

I keep a sledgehammer handy be the side of my desk for just such things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Thank all of you for your replies. I actually fixed it. I should say by the grace of God I fixed it. Today everything was going wrong so when I sat down to try once again to fix the computer I had already had enough of the foolishness of the day. I said God at least help me to fix christines computer.... let one thing go right today and wow.... I don't even remember how I did it.... but I pushed some button and the computer started scaning the drives and what not... found the trouble and told me to insert the disk I got from Dell... even when the sky seems to be fallen God gives you hope. Thank you once again. :emot-hug:

God's continue blessing toward each of you

Jacqueline

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Amen!