IGNORED

Is America missing in prophesy??

Guest EPHRIAM777

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still some more points that have persuaded me . . .

I feel America is the 8th is because America "the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird." The rise of sorcery, wicca, false cults, blatant immorality, hate groups, etc. . . .

Also, while there have been some who have claimed the Catholic Church was the beast, she cannot meet the full criteria of the beasts. The Catholic Church, as I said in the first post, may be part of the Woman which rides the beast, maybe, but it is not the beast itself.

For one, the Catholic Church has been a hoarder wealth, but not distributer of it. Where, or when, could we apply to the Catholic Church how "the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies?" Or "Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness!?"

Or how would one apply to the Vatican "Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

"Sorceries" here I believe are to imply witchcraft/as perhaps the manipulation of men's wills. So . . . "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD." 1Sam. 15:23 Certainly America has not embrace God's word and submitted herself to Him.

Still, other things that have help to strongly persuade me are, first, our history and our involvement/circumstances which ushered in the rise of America's might, the rebirth of Israel and ultimately the events that led up to the ending of WW2.

I admit, I only casually researched this for years, but I was surprised when I ran across The Frank Report, June 11, 1945. It is a "Memorandum on Political and Social Problems of the Bomb by scientists at the Metallurgical Laboratory of the University of Chicago, Manhattan Project" This was a letter was that written to President Truman, who inherited the "Project" after Pres. Roosevelt died, around 3

(Documents located at: http://www.dannen.com/decision/int-law.html#D)

PROTECTION OF CIVILIAN POPULATIONS AGAINST BOMBING FROM THE AIR IN CASE OF WAR

UNANIMOUS resolution of the League of Nations Assembly,

September 30, 1938.

The Assembly,

Considering that on numerous occasions public opinion has expressed through the most authoritative channels its horror of the bombing of civilian populations;

Considering that this practice, for which there is no military necessity and which, as experience shows, only causes needless suffering, is condemned under the recognised principles of international law;

Considering further that, though this principle ought to be respected by all States and does not require further reaffirmation, it urgently needs to be made the subject of regulations specially adapted to air warfare and taking account of the lessons of experience;

Considering that the solution of this problem, which is of concern to all States, whether Members of the League of Nations or not, calls for technical investigation and thorough consideration;

Considering that the Bureau of the Conference for the Reduction and Limitation of Armaments is to meet in the near future and that it is for the Bureau to consider practical means of undertaking the necessary work under conditions most likely to lead to as general an agreement as possible:

I. Recognizes the following principles as a necessary basis for any subsequent regulations:

1) The intentional bombing of civilian populations is illegal;

2) Objectives aimed at from the air must be legitimate military objectives and must be identifiable;

3) Any attack on legitimate military objectives must be carried out in such a way that civilian populations in the neighbourhood are not bombed through negligence;

II. Also takes the opportunity to reaffirm that the use of chemical or bacterial methods in the conduct of war is contrary to international law, as recalled more particularly in the resolution of the General Commission of the Conference for the Reduction and Limitation of Armaments of July 23rd 1932, and the resolution of the Council of May 14th, 1938.

Appeal of President Franklin D. Roosevelt on Aerial Bombardment of Civilian Populations,

September 1, 1939

The President of the United States to the Governments of France, Germany, Italy, Poland and His Britannic Majesty, September 1, 1939

The ruthless bombing from the air of civilians in unfortified centers of population during the course of the hostilities which have raged in various quarters of the earth during the past few years, which has resulted in the maiming and in the death of thousands of defenseless men, women, and children, has sickened the hearts of every civilized man and woman, and has profoundly shocked the conscience of humanity.

If resort is had to this form of inhuman barbarism during the period of the tragic conflagration with which the world is now confronted, hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings who have no responsibility for, and who are not even remotely participating in, the hostilities which have now broken out, will lose their lives. I am therefore addressing this urgent appeal to every government which may be engaged in hostilities publicly to affirm its determination that its armed forces shall in no event, and under no circumstances, undertake the bombardment from the air of civilian populations or of unfortified cities, upon the understanding that these same rules of warfare will be scrupulously observed by all of their opponents. I request an immediate reply.

Good infos...But my post did say "primarily" Russia...it could very well be an EU with a large amount of Russian troops and the invasion wouod come "through" the north... from Russia...blessings

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Blindseeker. The United States is not once definitely mentioned in prophecy. The very absence of any definate clear reference to America in prophecy is sufficient to prove this. It is true that some teach Isa. 18 refers to the United States, but this is not so, for it refers to a land "Which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia," as it plainly says. There will have to be a lot of dirt moved in order for the United States to be moved to this land "beyond the rivers of Ethiopia." Other prophetical students find the United States in the beast of Rev. 13:11-18, but this refers to a man and not a country as is clear from the language of the passage and because he is called the "false prophet" who will be destroyed with the antichrist at the second comming of Christ (Rev.16:13-16; 19:20; 20:10). The first beast of Rev. 13 is a "man" according to verse 18 and in verse 11 the second beast is called "another," which, in the Greek, means another of the same kind. If the first is a man the second beast must also be symbolic of a man. The language of the passages concerning the two beasts proves thatindividuals are refered to in Rev.13. Still others say the United States is refered to in "the islands" mentioned in scripture, but this cannot be proved. This is mere human theory, so we must conclude that there is no direct reference to the United States in prophecy.    Praise God forever more!  Hazard.

Quote: from HAZARD on 4:13 pm on Feb. 19, 2002

Other prophetical students find the United States in the beast of Rev. 13:11-18, but this refers to a man and not a country as is clear from the language of the passage and because he is called the "false prophet" who will be destroyed with the antichrist at the second comming of Christ (Rev.16:13-16; 19:20; 20:10). The first beast of Rev. 13 is a "man" according to verse 18 and in verse 11 the second beast is called "another," which, in the Greek, means another of the same kind. If the first is a man the second beast must also be symbolic of a man. The language of the passages concerning the two beasts proves thatindividuals are refered to in Rev.13. Still others say the United States is refered to in "the islands" mentioned in scripture, but this cannot be proved. This is mere human theory, so we must conclude that there is no direct reference to the United States in prophecy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

I've never seen anything in prophecy to make me believe America is in there. I've heard some theory's but there wasn't much to them. It's just my opinion though, and I'm not very well 'versed'in this issue.

Prime#