IGNORED

The Mysterious Woman

Adstar

So the two prophets will be killed in the city "where also our Lord was crucified" That has to be Jerusalem. Why is Jerusalem referred to as Sodom and Egypt spiritually? Is this not the city that is at the center of the current struggle of the Jews and the Palestinians? Will the winner turn it into a place that spiritually will be "Sodom and Egypt"? Or has it been that way for some time? Why do people refer to this place as the holy city? Is it?

Jerusalem is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt because the religion they now practice is a perverted one which can not produce life, like sodomy. They have no priesthood, no sacrifices, no temple and a God who is waiting to them to acknowledge His Priesthood and the sacrifice He offered for them.

Because they have yet to embrace Jesus Christ they are still slaves and in bondage to their sins, hence "Egypt."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Munari

"I think its dangerous to try and match up the whore with any nation today... people have been doing it for years, and none have panned out. Its similar to those who say they know when the end of the world is coming and then are wrong."

You are very right here Munari, But I suppose it is understandable we are always looking and hoping for these prophesies to be fulfilled and in our great desire for the end of things as they currently are every generation sees beast or whore like institutions/ religions/ states/ empires.

Today the prime candidates for the beast are.

The USA

The European Community

The United Nations Security Council

APEC

If these disappoint us then we can always look for a future Asian or Islamic Empire of the future.

BlindSeeker

"Jerusalem is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt because the religion they now practice is a perverted one which can not produce life, like sodomy. They have no priesthood, no sacrifices, no temple and a God who is waiting to them to acknowledge His Priesthood and the sacrifice He offered for them.

Because they have yet to embrace Jesus Christ they are still slaves and in bondage to their sins, hence "Egypt.""

Are you saying that they need to build a temple and have a priesthood and do animal sacrafices to have salvation?

I agree they need to embrace the Messiah for salvation but do they need the rest BlindSeeker?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Guest okiejack

The "Abomination of Desolation" spoken of by Daniel, has already set in the Temple before it was destroyed in 70CE. I'm not holding my breath until the new Temple is built. There will have to be a multitude of drastic changes in the Mid-East before a new Temple could be built in Jerusalem. And any sacrificing done in that iffy new Temple would be an abomination to GOD.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

When it comes to things like the "Whore of Babylon" and the end of time, I always think of these words:

Matthew 6:30 If God so clothes the grass of the field, which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?

31 So do not worry and say, 'What are we to eat?' or 'What are we to drink?' or 'What are we to wear?'

32 All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.

33 But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, 19 and all these things will be given you besides.

34 Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.

I know that this is specifically speaking of not worrying for our needs because our God will care for us, but I think this can also be extended to worry about anything. I extend it to the "whore" and end-times also. It does not really matter who or what the "whore" is or when the end comes, we should live each moment as it is our last and not worry about it. We have problems today despite who the "whore" is or how long we have until Christ returns. By focusing on the future, someone can miss the roses (and the beggar) at your feet.

Are you saying that they need to build a temple and have a priesthood and do animal sacrafices to have salvation?

I agree they need to embrace the Messiah for salvation but do they need the rest BlindSeeker?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

God in both His judgement and mercy destroyed the temple and the national structure of Israel via the Romans.

Had God left the temple they could have gone back to it and continued their animal sacrifices, which before had required   a Levitical priest to offer it.

They do not need to go back, and God prevented them from continuing  going as they were . . . they need to repent and give glory unto God for the sacrifice and salvation afforded them first through Jesus the Christ and accept Him as their High Priest and Savior and Lord and God.

• 10 months later...
Guest bonehead

In light of the recent attacks on our country,I have become aware of some striking parallels in Biblical

prophesy and the religon of Islam.I am by no means an athority on either subject,but I have been

studying the Bible for at least twenty years.I recently recieved a copy of the Koran(Qur`an) from one of my

sons friends,and it helped trigger this question.Is Islam the "Harlot of Babylon" mentioned in the book of

Revelations? How could you come up with this you may ask? It started with my in depth look at

Revelations chapter twelve.Here we see the Jews pictured as a woman who gave birth to the

Messiah.Satan is very angry with the woman,and seeks to destroy her. It is no secret that every muslim

you hear from or talk to hates Jews,is anti-Israel and feels the attacks are instigated by our foreign policy.

But take a look at their rather recent hatered of Christians. Nineteen gunned down in their church while

they hold service in Packistan.Since they can`t get their way in trying to turn the U.S. against Israel they

lash out at local Christians.We heard about the attack in Packistan, but this has been the case all over the

world.The dragon can`t get to the woman so he turns to her children,the Christians. Why would muslims

see local Christians as being to blame?This gave me a new way to look at the symbolism in the woman,

and I jumped to the description of the church,also described as a woman,and a city."I saw the Holy

City,the New Jerusalem comming down from heaven from God,prepared as a bride..."(Rev 21)

(1Cor.7)(2Cor.11)(Eph.5)Compare this symbolism with the woman that rides the beast(remember a rider

attemps to control the riden)and the great city Babylon."All the Nations have drank the wine of the wrath

of her fornication".Could this be symbolism for terrorism? Revelations speaks of the wicked drinking the

wine of God`s wrath,so what is the wrath of this woman? Spiritual fornication is following false gods(read

anywhere in Hosea)and this woman fornicates with the kings of the earth.Could this be Islamic states?

The kings of Islamic states use Islam to control their people,on the other hand they are controled by Islam.

(no seperation of church and state here!)"she is drunk with the blood of the saints", most of the

persecution of Christians today is done in the name of Islam. Most of the crusades were in fact to stop its

spread! Another parallel can be found in the verse"she says in her heart I sit a queen, I am no

WIDOW...".Did you know the Koran acknowledges Jesus,but claims he wasn`t crucified (SURAH 4:157-

158) "And their saying:Surely we have killed the Messiah,Isa son of Marium,the apostle of Allah;and they

did not kill him nor did they crucify him,but it appeared to them so and most surely those who differ therein

are only in doubt about it;they have no knowledge respecting it,but only follow a conjecture, and they

killed him not for sure.(158)Nay! Allah took him up to Himself;and Allah is mighty,wise."In other words,

Jesus never died!Is this a hint as to the idenity of this false church? Check out Isaiah 14, here the prophet

says Babalon`s king says "I will raise my throne above the stars of God; The Koran elevates Muhammad

to a state above Christ and the "true apostles",as the "final apostle"."I will sit on the mount of assembly"

Could this be the temple mount? Could Muhammad be seen as the king of Babylon? Jesus is the "MOST

HIGH" the prophet speaks of here! Islamic countries control thirty per-cent of the worlds oil,"the world

waxed rich from her delicacies". The oil makes them rich, then the rest of us can sell them stuff!(Arms

included) Islamic countries are one of few places in the world where slavery is still practiced,most of whom

come from Sudan,mostly Christian.One of the listed items of the whore`s cargos has always puzzeled

me,"the bodies and souls of men".This is listed seprate from slavery,so it can`t be refering to slavery.

Suiside bombers are paid $6000 for their families by organizations such as Hamas,and their pictures are

posted for all to revere. They are seen as heros in the name of Islam!,Allah be praised! In other words,

their bodies and souls are for sale! In Babel they builded a tower to heaven.We can get to heaven by our

own merits.We do not need to be saved in anybodys name! Far be it from God`s glory that he should

have a son! It`s not hard for a Christian to see the blasphemous nature of the Koran! They kiss the black

stone of the kabaa, Which can be traced back to the moon god sin,(so can their cresent) which can

be traced back to the time of Abraham (caldeans). Then they accuse Christians of being polytheist because

of the trinity! I did not write this out of hatered for Islam, I`m sure many good and well meaning people

practice this faith,but as fuel for thought as to the meaning of the whore`s symbolism. The Bible itself

makes the plea "come out of her my people" indicating that God does indeed have people in her whoever

she may be.Is our war on terrorisim the beginning of her being stripped naked and burned with fire?

Whoever she is, Islam fits her discription in many ways and it is up to us to be the voice of Christ and

plead for him,"Come out of her my people,do not partake in her sins!"Muhammad says an "Angel" revealed

the truth to him,but Paul warned long ago"Though we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel to

you other than that we preached to you let him be accursed".He felt so strongly here he repeated himself.

(Gal.1)It`s as if he did indeed know Muhammad was comming some 500 years later! I should also note that

the Ottoman Turks took over Istambul, capitol of the eastern Roman empire after the split!

My Webpage

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

I don't believe Islam is the "Harlot"...because a harlot is one who "sells herself for some form of gratification".

I believe this refers more to those who sell out. People have "sold out" their faith from the beginning of time.

Adam sold out on his own Creator for a shot at being like the Creator, (i.e. a 'god').

If the money's big enough people sell out. Peter "sold out" because he was fearful of having the same fate as his master.

Judas sold out for 30 pieces of silver.

A harlot has a price. She doesn't render her services for humanitarian reasons.

In Hosea, Israel is likened unto Hosea's wife - unfaithful from the word, 'go'.

I don't see an analogous relationship with Islam, (gentiles).

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Is our war on terrorisim the beginning of her being stripped naked and burned with fire?

If you are correct and Islam is the Harlot then the USA who is waging war against it is the beast.

Revelation 17:16

And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

It is the beast who will destroy the Harlot.

I don't believe Islam is the "Harlot"...because a harlot is one who "sells herself for some form of gratification".

I tend to believe the Harlot Is false followers of the Messiah and their churches of satan who have made harlots of themselves by getting in to bed with worldly powers to secure wealth, privilege, worldly acceptance and freedom from persecution. But when the son of perdition comes He will have no more need for his harlot and he will destroy her.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

http://www.biblemagazine.com/magazine/vol-...e-1/beasts.html

START

The connection between Bible prophecy and Britain