• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi everybody,

Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading here, we might be closer to the end then we realize, read this: Is Damaskus next?

Syria's Assad: 'We will not wait' to be next U.S. target

Syria, alarmed by the impending collapse of its neighbor and ally, has called for suicide missions against U.S. forces in Iraq.

Syrian President Bashar Assad also called on Arab regimes to oppose the U.S.-led war against Iraq. He warned that Syria could be the next target of Washington.

Assad said in an interview with the Beirut-based A-Safir daily that Damascus would not wait until the United States attacks Syria, Middle East Newsline reported. He did not elaborate.

"We will not wait until we become the next target," Assad said.

The mufti of Syria, appointed by the regime, called on Muslims to launch suicide attacks on coalition forces in Iraq. The statement came amid concern expressed by the Syrian regime over the U.S. advance on Baghdad.

"I call on Muslims to use all means possible to thwart the aggression, including martyr operations against the hostile invaders," Sheik Ahmad Kaftaro, the mufti, said in a statement on Thursday. "This is the obligation of all Muslims."

Kaftaro said the obligation to fight coalition forces begins with Muslims in Iraq. He also called on Westerners to protest the participation of their governments in the war against Iraq.

Western intelligence sources said Syria has increased preparations of its military amid the war in Iraq. They said Assad has ordered accelerated production of the medium-range Scud C and D missiles, which have a range of 550 and 700 kilometers, respectively.

Assad said he expected an Israeli attack. He said Syria would remain under threat as long as Israel exists.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/front_2.html

___

http://www.prophecynet.com/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Syria already has thousands of rockets in Lebanon pointed at Israel. Kinda like a powder keg just waiting to blow,eh? I keep hearing Jimmy DeYoung say the lands mentioned in Ezekiel 38 (Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal) were divisions of ancient Turkey.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Who is Jimmy DeYoung?

Jimmy DeYoung is another one of those 'Zionist frame of mind' reporters...good speaker too...saw him recently. :rofl:

http://www.gospelcom.net/shofar/pp/

It's true that Hezbollah has some rockets that can reach as far as Haifa but they know better......

Israel will flatten Damascus if they launch right now.

Which, btw, would be a good thing for Saddam because it would bring Israel into the war.

Exactly!

Isaiah 17:1  The burden against Damascus. "Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

I was interested to see a report on 60 Minutes last night that had mentioned Damascus in it.  It seems that terrorists have been buying lightweight, hand held anti aircraft missile launchers.  There is proof that Yugoslavia has been selling these for just a few thousand dollars apiece.  It is alleged that Russia is in on this also.  

I'm interested to see how this turns out-----oh, wait a minute, I see right in front of me.  It's called the book of Revelations/Daniel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thanks for your replies, no matter what will happen we are safe in Jesus!

The Bible says that Damaskus will be destroyed and the States is to occupied with Iraq, don't you think that Isreal might strike out against Damaskus?

God Bless,Angels

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

Thanks for your replies, no matter what will happen we are safe in Jesus!

AMEN  :taped:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Isa 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
 We may be on the verge of seeing this come true.