traveller

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Because we're all over the place with our questions, lets use this thread so we can keep it all together.

Anyone have it all figured out?

Does that "reputation" thing in the lower right corner need to be there? If not, I think it should be removed. There's too much temptation for someone to simply give someone a neg. rep.

I know because I've done it. :taped: There's nothing edifying in that.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Does that "reputation" thing in the lower right corner need to be there? If not, I think it should be removed. There's too much temptation for someone to simply give someone a neg. rep.

I know because I've done it. :taped: There's nothing edifying in that.

I'm in agreement there, man. That's almost like running a popularity contest. We should all be equal here.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

:amen: I agree with man and MorningGlory about the "reputation" thing.

To traveller: to answer your question, I'm really sorry. But I, for one have very little figured out yet. I told you guys I am quite computer/forum illiterate. :b:

Guest LadyC

ok, here's my question about the upgrade....

i really like the new way the pm's work, keeping all conversations together like that. now, if only i could get rid of all my previous pm's prior to the upgrade, i'd be a happy camper. i started doing it manually, but there's like 60 pages to do, and right now, my computer is running so slow thanks to some bug that infested it while i was out of town and that i can't find, it would take me a whole day to delete 60 pages worth of pm's. actually, i think it would be down to 54 now... i did a few pages yesterday, but it took like an hour.

so my question is, can someone get into the database and delete my pm history prior to the upgrade?

i really like the new way the pm's work, keeping all conversations together like that. now, if only i could get rid of all my previous pm's prior to the upgrade, i'd be a happy camper. i started doing it manually, but there's like 60 pages to do, and right now, my computer is running so slow thanks to some bug that infested it while i was out of town and that i can't find, it would take me a whole day to delete 60 pages worth of pm's. actually, i think it would be down to 54 now... i did a few pages yesterday, but it took like an hour.

so my question is, can someone get into the database and delete my pm history prior to the upgrade?

To the right of each PM there's a box, check that box.......check all the boxes next to PMs you want deleted, then go down to the bottom right of the page and you'll find that you'll be able to delete all the PMs you have checked.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

When I click on 'top all time posters' I still get a list of members. That's it. And when I call up 'My Posts' I get a list of blanks. Clicking on them doesn't do anything.

Guest LadyC

To the right of each PM there's a box, check that box.......check all the boxes next to PMs you want deleted, then go down to the bottom right of the page and you'll find that you'll be able to delete all the PMs you have checked.

yeah, i did that for several pages. i still have 50+ pages left to delete though. that's why i was asking if an admin could go into the database and just empty them in one fell swoop.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

When I click on 'top all time posters' I still get a list of members. That's it. And when I call up 'My Posts' I get a list of blanks. Clicking on them doesn't do anything.

Yeah - mine are blank too. I can see mine though, when I click on the title of the thread. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,038
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Can the inserted links be made to be blue again?

They are black like everything else, just underlined. They do not stand out as inserted links anymore.

:noidea: