• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

A study of how Revelation unfolds.

I heard a interesting teaching on the book of Revelation, thought I would share it. It was on some cassette tapes my mother has from a preacher/teacher named Dr. Floyd Jones. I will try not to make this extremely long, while keeping the intent of the teaching. Dr. Jones examines the pattern of Genesis, where GOD describes the creation days 1-7. He then backs up to fill in more information about the creation. He then applies this thought, to the book of Revelation. There is also a distinction between events happening in heaven and events happening on the earth. So, grab your Bible and follow along, and come to your own conclusion. This has been a fascinating study for me, and I hope it will be for you too. I would suggest taking notes when comparing the scripture, it will keep your reference points handy without having to relocate a particular verse.

Chapter 4 and 5 is what we will see right after the rapture and resurrection, the events described are what WE will all see in the throne room.

Chapter 6 starts just before the tribulation starts and ends with the physical return of CHRIST. The day of wrath. This is the very end of the tribulation. Notice how Chapter 6 is from the beginning to the end of the tribulation. Notice the pause, between the 6th and 7th seals, to fill in more information.

Chapter 7 God backs up to the beginning of tribulation, and fills in more information. The 144,000 are foretold, and the tribulation saints. Chapter 7 verse 9 parallels the 5th seal of Chapter 6 verses 9-11 (Both describing a heavenly event). Chapter 7 goes to the end of the tribulation.

Chapter 8 verse 1 according to the theory should have been the last verse of Chapter 7. Since the translators placed the verses in the chapters. This is an accepted possibility. Thus making verse 1 of Chapter 8 happening at the very end of the tribulation.

Chapter 8 verse 2-5 is a event happening in heaven. Starts after the beginning of the tribulation and ends at the end of the tribulation. This heavenly event parallels the earthly event of Chapter 6 verses 12-17. Here again GOD is going to the end, and then backs up to fill in more information, this time describing parallel events happening in heaven.

Chapter 8 verse 6, thru Chapter 9 verse 21, these are events that are happening on the earth. They start about a 1/3 of the way through the tribulation and end, near the end of the tribulation. This covers the trumpets 1-6. Notice another pause, this time between the 6th and 7th trumpet, to fill in more information.

Chapter 10 is a unique event. It describes a event near the end of the tribulation. There are possibly 7 more judgments via the thunders, but John is told not to write what was uttered down. We will have to wait to see.

Chapter 11 verses 1-13, backs up to the beginning of the tribulation, and fills in more information. This is the earthly event of the two witnesses. This ends at the mid point when the antichrist kills the two.

Chapter 11 verses 14 -19 is describing the very end of the tribulation. These verses parallel Chapter 8 verses 2-5, and Chapter 6 verses 12-17. These are the same event.

Chapters 12 and 13, back up to the mid point of the tribulation. Here we see the war in heaven where Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven to the earth. The economic and political system of the beast is put in place. The abomination of desolation is the beginning of these events. There are now 1260 days or 42 months (30 day months) till the return of CHRIST. The worst, in human history will happen in this time period.

Chapters 14 verses 1-5, the time frame of this event is not clear, but it seems to happen after CHRIST returns. Verses 6-13, happen during the last 1260 days before CHRIST returns. Here is a warning for those who take the mark of the beast, and a promise of blessing for those who don