• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

JB,

Nebula is absolutely correct and if your going to be argumenative I'm going to ask that you stay out of this thread. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

You betch, I'll do you one better and delete my account ASP.

Blessings

JB

http://inhisword.net

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

God Bless you brother.

This is a Forum for the servants here to offer Study and this is just what I'm doing. It has never been a place where we have allowed argument just for the sake of it.

I'm open to you sharing but your really not doing that, IMO.

Peace,

Dave

I last ended here;

Ps 50:14

Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay your vows unto the most High:

The very next verse say's this;

Ps 50:15

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me

Why did God delight in david and why did he deliver Him?

David Glorified His name and paid his vows giving thanksgiving unto God.

Not surprisingly I was reading this scripture this morning;

Ps 59:1

¶ Deliver me from my enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.

Ps 59:2

Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloodthirsty men.

David's home at this point was surrounded by men whom Saul had sent to spy him out and to llok for a reason to kill him.

David was asking God to deliver him even before he knew whether or not the delivery was coming.

(That's a key right there) :wub:

David goes on to descirbe those who seek to harm him for no reason as devouring hungry snarling dogs.

Yet, He praises God as his defence and deliverer;

Ps 59:5

You therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to punish all the nations: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.

Ps 59:8

¶ But you, O LORD, shall laugh at them; you shall have all the nations in derision.

Ps 59:9

Because of your strength will I wait upon you: for God is my defence.

Ps 59:10

The God of my mercy shall meet me: God shall let me see my desire upon my enemies.

In the midst of the Valley, in the midst of frustration, in the midst of fear. David praises God. He doesn't strike out on his own because he is weak. He doesn't run away in fear. He doesn't do what he can do. He calls on the name of the Lord, he keeps his vow and offers thanksgiving.

What's his vow?

Ps 59:16

But I will sing of your power; yea, I will sing aloud of your mercy in the morning: for you have been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.

Here's the thing that has been going on in my mind since this incident.

My buddy and brother wasn't asking "why" as much as he was "how". No so much as How because he knows God can, but as much as "why me, I'm wicked and I'm a piece of feces," so was David. :wub:

Don't we all do that when it's close and personal to us? :wub:

The "how" is tied up in this. God delights in us because we are believers and He delights in Faith in His Word which in our time equates to Faith in the revelation of that Word, Christ Jesus.

If we will see our deliverence it will be because we have a right view of things. We are not making offerings and sacrifice towards God as if He needs them.

Ps

Look what God say's to the wicked;

Ps

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My dear friend and brother in Christ asked, "Why?"

I'm deconstructing his "why", as much for him as for myself.

He questioned further, "what is man that God cares at all about him." "What am I that God cares?" I'm a worm is what he was saying. He felt that God would crush him in this instance rather than deliver him and he felt as if the Lord didn't hear him.

I confessed that this was "stinkin thinkin" and that we shouldn't listen to the enemy of our soul but that we should delight in the Lord and confess His Word.

My start at this was that we are created in Gods own Image and therefore we have merit. We carry and intrinsic quality and that God created us for a relationship.

This is a great question! My thought is that we are "worthy" because God deems us "worthy". Isn't that amazing! It might be that we were created in God's image (as proposed at the beggining of this thread) or it might be that God values FAITH--while seeing through a mirror dimly--as a lot more valuable than we do. God also seems to value our seeking His presence and ways above our own understandings. This exploration of the question itself deepens our love for God.

The second part of the question lies in the question of how God views us. God loves us completely!, and wants the best for us!. Now comes the problem... our view of our best is completely flawed... and God's view of what is best for us is perfect. God has clearly put forth his "offer". First, love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. Second, love others in a way that helps them do the First. And finally, God intends that our primary benefit and goal in this life is to experience His presence. I think this reflects the heart of David and why God credited David as a man after His own heart.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

hi there, i don't want 2 interrupt the flow, but i would like to share some things. 4give me if they've already been repeated:

David was a very passionate man who deeply loved God. More than that, David was completely unashamed to proclaim that love. It was to God Whom David turned in times of hardships, and it was to God Whom David turned in times of joy.

David had full knowledge that his source was God, and ran after Him as a toddler runs for his father.

Good thread, Dave. wub.gif

i just so love this image of a little kid running after daddy. David was a man after god's heart. & sometimes little kids kick & scream * tell lies & do all sorts of things 2 get their way. they might even take ice cream from a strange man (temptation from the enemy). but Dad's Dad, & He's the ! they wanna go home with, & no1's ever gonna love them like He will. thank u Daddy! even tho i've 'talked 2 strangers' in the past, or tried 2 trantrum my way thru stuff, acting & demanding as tho i deserved, when clearly i dont - stiill u love me! 4ever urs!!!

once again, sorry 2 interrrupt the flow

bless u!!!

xxxxx:emot-hug:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for sharing that, Josephine!

:emot-hug:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/22/1984

I think that, maybe, this why deserves another why. If the question is "why should He deliver us?" I have to ask "why He shouldn't?"

Because We are His sons, and we never have to forget it. Even if we are really distressed, depressed, as You explained before with the Psalm of David.

Mt 7:9-11

9 "Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?

10 "Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

I think that this is one of the many answers we can get from His Word.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Another reason 'Why': We have a job to do. One of the jobs will be judging the angels. Another of the jobs will be acting as a witness to the righteousness of God. Another will be assuming dominion over the Earth. So, why should God deliver us from this body of sin and death? To prepare us for the job we have to do. This is our reason for living.