• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Hello everyone. Been a while since I've been here! I've seen some familiar "faces" around in some threads as I've browsed around today, which is nice! :)

Anyway, to the point of this: This is something I've asked various people randomly over the years mainly just because I'm a curious person, and I realise that just because something is always the same for me it doesn't mean that it is "the norm" (if there is such a thing ;) )

What do you feel when you pray? The answers have always been different to some extent, some more similar than others. But either way I'm curious to know peoples responses. I'll answer my own question later, I'm more interested in hearing about other people first! :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

Hey! Welcome back MrLuke! emot-hug.gif

What I feel depends on why I'm in prayer. I will tell on one time though, that really stands out for me because of it's intensity.

I was going through a particularly hard time, struggled for many months over something that was slowly testing my sanity. Anyway, I was completely at a loss. I had done everything I knew to do, talked to people, prayed, cried, even considered suicide just to get it over with. So, one day in church as the pastor spoke, i bowed my head and began, again, to pray. Only this time it was different. This time my thoughts focused in the most comforting way. This time my prayers flowed outward - like I could almost feel them. How did I feel? I felt release. My prayer went on and on, kinda like a tightly wound spring unwinding. I felt free. And I was, from that day forward.

I always thought that the Lord directed my prayers that morning.

Thats really cool :) I like it when God breaks through in major ways like that :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

wow - I thought I killed this thread! :deadthread:

Mostly when I pray I feel urgency, if it's for the nation - concern, if it's for illness in my loved ones - joy, if it's for praise and thanksgiving - and compassion if it's for the lost.

Next - - :)

Haha yes.. people don't seem to be so involved with this topic do they :P

Mostly when I pray I feel urgency, if it's for the nation - concern, if it's for illness in my loved ones - joy, if it's for praise and thanksgiving - and compassion if it's for the lost.

Thats good, but emotions aside, anything else?

The reason I ask this, and have asked people before, is because when I pray (but not necessarily *just* when I'm praying) I feel a 'heat' sensation/feeling all over and in me. Mainly in my hands its most intense and near my forehead. It's hard to explain, but generally that feeling is with me all the time, some days stronger than others. Usually stronger when praying for healing etc. I don't always tell people because some have acted a bit weird about it, and I've rarely met anyone the same - as in, feel it constantly, but I am curious who else can relate?

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

What do you feel when you pray?

The ground beneath my knees.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

What do you feel when you pray?

The ground beneath my knees.

Thats deep! No really, think about it carefully, it's deep :cool:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

What do I feel?

Different emotions at different times I guess.

Sometimes like my lungs are filled with helium and I can fly, and sometimes like my head is filled with wet cotton wool and I cry.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

The reason I ask this, and have asked people before, is because when I pray (but not necessarily *just* when I'm praying) I feel a 'heat' sensation/feeling all over and in me. Mainly in my hands its most intense and near my forehead. It's hard to explain, but generally that feeling is with me all the time, some days stronger than others. Usually stronger when praying for healing etc. I don't always tell people because some have acted a bit weird about it, and I've rarely met anyone the same - as in, feel it constantly, but I am curious who else can relate?

I know a Lady at my home Church that feels the same way when she prays for folks to be healed or delivered. :wub:

Personally, sometimes, I can really feel the Lord's presence and other times I'm like wyguy. All I feel is the dirt beneath my knee's. :) Literally, I have prayed for folks and felt absolutely nothing but have seen drastic results. :thumbsup: I have also caught myself being dissapointed in my own prayers and prayers for tothers because I saw nothing whatsoever happen. That's actually bad because I have learned that this is not operating in Faith, but rather looking for a sign. :b:

I have come to a conclussion. It doesn't matter what I feel or what happens. It matters what I believe. :wub:

peace.

dave

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I know a Lady at my home Church that feels the same way when she prays for folks to be healed or delivered. :wub:

Personally, sometimes, I can really feel the Lord's presence and other times I'm like wyguy. All I feel is the dirt beneath my knee's. :) Literally, I have prayed for folks and felt absolutely nothing but have seen drastic results. :thumbsup: I have also caught myself being dissapointed in my own prayers and prayers for tothers because I saw nothing whatsoever happen. That's actually bad because I have learned that this is not operating in Faith, but rather looking for a sign. :b:

I have come to a conclussion. It doesn't matter what I feel or what happens. It matters what I believe. :wub:

peace.

dave

Amen! Thats walking in the faith brother!