• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1978

Amen to that. I join the prayers for you and for your healing. When I'm at worship, I can't imagine it any other way than by worshipping through dancing. Keep praying and trusting in Him. You will be healed soon.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/15/1978

When I was in Philly, one of my friends would sing for fun sometimes. Now, he has three albums out. His name: David Cohen and he attends Congregation Beth Yeshua. Check his music out. It's good.

Ani

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I miss the wonderful times I had spent in Messianic worship services, praising God through song and dance. I'm listening to Marty Goetz right now for the first time in probably 4 years. There is nothing like Messianic music.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know what you mean, Xan.

Messianic-style praise and worship songs used to be fairly common in our worship services. (i.e. "Awake O Israel")

But now days, the praise and worship songs are far removed from these.

It's hard to find anyone who sings the Messianic stuff anymore. :wub:

I know what you mean, Xan.

Messianic-style praise and worship songs used to be fairly common in our worship services. (i.e. "Awake O Israel")

But now days, the praise and worship songs are far removed from these.

It's hard to find anyone who sings the Messianic stuff anymore. :wub:

It's still sung in Messianic congregations, but that would mean I would have to go to one. I can still play the music in my house.

My fiance' loves God-centered worship, and many churches have gone away from that to singing songs that are all about working up the crowd. We have talked about my favorite style of worship music, but he had never heard Messianic music before. I played some Marty Goetz for him Wed, and he really likes it because of how God-centered it is. He also really appreciated the quality of Marty Goetz' voice. IMO, he has the best voice in Messianic music. No offence to any lurkers on this board who are in the industry. :P

I love Marty Goetz too!

:whistling:

When he worships, the whole room is filled with the Holy Spirit.

The only "bad" thing is that it's nearly impossible to play his songs on a guitar so there aren't a lot of congregations doing his music.

Guest shiloh357

I got to see Marty Goetz in person a years ago at Orr Ha Olam congregation in Overland Park, KS. He is a real man of God and is just all around great guy. I love his music as well. I have several of his albums.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

So, what's new on the music scene? What does everyone like to listen to, in terms of Messianic worship? Let's get this topic going again.

Ani

i've only been Meshichi for a little over a year now, in fact i just celebrated my first Torah cycle as a messianic in reading Parashath Pin'chas. before, i was a conservative Jew; however, i used to listen to alot of Lamb back in the eighties, the last album i got was "Seer" (90/91?)

i love to listen to Zemer Levav when i go to bed, their music is soothing to my ecstatic mind :24:

Ted Pearce came to our synagogue a few months ago. i just recently found out he played music with Lamb for awhile. i was blessed by the music. as a side note on live experiences, these musicians really need our prayers while they're out there performing and praising God. Though he was an awesome blessing to our congregation, and i hope that he was blessed, he seemed very tired from his travels. so let's keep these musicians in prayer :whistling:.

Jonathan Settel is coming this monday to a sister congregation nearby, so i hope to go and listen to him. i heard his music on KDSH, i like it.

i like a somewhat underground Meshichith group called Echad, they have some rough-edged cafe-style music.

Neshama Carlbach is beautiful to listen to, though i don't think she's Meshichith, she's orthodox. other non-meshichith singers and such i like are Ruth Wieder Magan, Atzilut and David Zellar.

i also like John Michael Talbot, his music is a blessing, for a catholic :24: and so is Michael Card

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i've only been Meshichi for a little over a year now, in fact i just celebrated my first Torah cycle as a messianic in reading Parashath Pin'chas. before, i was a conservative Jew;

Welcome to the family! :th_praying:

Ted Pearce came to our synagogue a few months ago. i just recently found out he played music with Lamb for awhile. i was blessed by the music. as a side note on live experiences, these musicians really need our prayers while they're out there performing and praising God. Though he was an awesome blessing to our congregation, and i hope that he was blessed, he seemed very tired from his travels. so let's keep these musicians in prayer :emot-pray:.

Amen!

:emot-heartbeat: