• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/11/1982

Whenever we are together the devil comes in between us and we turn "sin" all the time. I want to take up my full role at church and do Gods work without any guilt.

I wish i could marry her right away but i just graduated and i am unemployed currently.

What do i do?

gotta agree with aqua here. being gainfully employed is not a prerequisite for marriage. it certainly makes things a whole lot easier, and financial problems will cause some strain on a new marriage.... but you wouldn't be sinning. God says if you can't control your desires, to marry. so roll all your pennies and go get a marriage license and ask your pastor to marry you. just explain to him that you can not seem to control your desires and that you want to be right before the Lord.

and then get out there and find a job.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

Dear brother Antwi,

I understand you are in Ghana and knowing very well the West African context, I know that it is culturally impossible over there for a man to marry when he is not yet employed. (as opposed to the cultural context in Europe or America)

That being said, I would suggest you sit down with your fianc

i wasn't aware of his location (i should have looked!) and even less aware of the cultural thing preventing him from marrying.... sorry antwi!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  5.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Ask the Lord to help you learn how to control yourself. He would like nothing more than to help you.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

1 Thess4:1-8

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  29

Dear brother Antwi,

I understand you are in Ghana and knowing very well the West African context, I know that it is culturally impossible over there for a man to marry when he is not yet employed. (as opposed to the cultural context in Europe or America)

That being said, I would suggest you sit down with your fiancée and discuss about the seriousness of sexual sin. I assume she is a born-again Christian as well and also aspires to obedience.

A very important thing to do is to NEVER be alone together.

If you find it hard because of habit or lust to avoid being alone together, then I strongly encourage discussing this with someone who can hold you both accountable: such as a pastor or a mature Christian couple. This may possibly even involve confessing your sins (as they are recurrent) as God says: "He who covers his sins will not prosper,but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. (Prov 28:13)

This is very serious. A marriage would be laid on wrong foundations if built on sexual sin and remember "He that digs a pit shall fall into it; and whoever breaks an hedge, a serpent shall bite him." (Eccl 10:8)

The Lord has equipped you with the spiritual weapons necessary to resist the devil : His Word the Bible ; the Holy Spirit; the Blood of Jesus.

Have you noticed how sexual immorality is the only sin where the verb FLEE is used??? Notice how Joseph in Genesis 39 does 2 things when confronted with sexual temptation:

10 So it was, as she spoke to Joseph day by day, that he did not heed her, to lie with her or to be with her.

11 But it happened about this time, when Joseph went into the house to do his work, and none of the men of the house was inside, 12 that she caught him by his garment, saying, “Lie with me.” But he left his garment in her hand, and fled and ran outside. 13 And so it was, when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand and fled outside,

There is no other method to deal with sexual temptation but to FLEE AND RUN from it. Notice that Joseph even refused to BE WITH her.

Do not be discouraged. It is possible and God will see you both through this so that your marriage may be built on the Word of God.

Awesome wisdom advice, I learned something tonight about the culture of this country Ghana.. :wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Dear brother Antwi,

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  29

Dear brother Antwi,

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Praying for employment for you!