jessy73

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Why are many Christian marriages ending up in divorce? It really baffles my mind. Don't know about your country but in my country it's getting worse by the day but there are many weddings going on all the time but many of them don't last.

Is it because Christians are not choosing the right partners? Is it because they married the wrong person? Is it because they were in a haste and didn't seek God's guidance? Is it because the devil is really on their cases? What do you think might be the problem?

Share your thought.

The major reason is not the circumstances or the problems. It is that Christians think nothing of breaking a sacred covenant.

Years ago, I heard a Christian leader quote Bonhoeffer: "Love does not keep the marriage. The marriage keeps the love."

We have abandoned the Biblical view of love for a utilitarian, worldly view.

This book uses divorce as one of the main examples of where 'love becomes heresy.'

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Prayer-Forgiveness-Basics-Heresies/dp/159467664X/ref=la_B001KMODGY_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346947804&sr=1-3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

I think for me personally, my marriage dissolved because she really was not a christian, and as I grew in the Lord, her hatred for me grew right along with it. I couldn't accept her lifestyle, and we became incompatible. One could easily argue I chose the wrong person, and did not take enough time with God on the matter, instead I followed my heart, which can so easily deceive.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90

hmm...well what could be the reason why Christian marriages end up in divorce? Is it lack of holiness or adhering to God's truth and commitment to His teachings...is it maybe our lack of being transformed by the renewing of our minds and instead we just mingle with the world and its ways and lusts? If we are doing all the nonbelievers are doing so then why do we complain and question why are we ending up like them. The Lord says: Do not be conformed to the this world but be transformed...are we really being transformed or are we so much compromising our faith for the sake of our desires and lusts.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90

My dear Durant what an amazing testimony you have that can serve us as an encouragement in our walk with God. Praise our Lord for He surely has worked in your heart and in your life. I pray He will continue to use you and guide you in all you do.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

I married a non-christian. She became a Christian, but then has fallen away. Please pray for her. We have 3 kids (6,4,1). She seems to want to live a single life or at least choose an alternative path. For me, our marriage and family is sacred. All of her friends, encourage her to leave. I cannot believe no one encourages us to work it out. Don't get me wrong we escalate one another and have immature and disrespectful tendencies. The truth is that it CAN be worked out, and we do love each other. There is no physical abuse or infidelity. Yet our family is being broken apart. Please pray for us. God hates divorce, but even in my situation non-believers around me encourage me to accept it quickly and move on. I honestly can't believe how non-chalaunt the world is. Is marriage not sacred and holy?

Why are many Christian marriages ending up in divorce? It really baffles my mind. Don't know about your country but in my country it's getting worse by the day but there are many weddings going on all the time but many of them don't last.

Is it because Christians are not choosing the right partners? Is it because they married the wrong person? Is it because they were in a haste and didn't seek God's guidance? Is it because the devil is really on their cases? What do you think might be the problem?

Share your thought.

If Christian marriages are failing it can only be because we are more concerned with achieving personal happiness than with obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ.

And happiness, by its nature, is a fleeting thing, dependant on our "hap" or happenstance/circumstances. On the other hand, the "joy of the Lord" that we experience through trusting and obeying the Lord Jesus is independent of circumstances and is lasting.

So often we don't give ourselves the chance to experience this deep down joy. We jump ship, so to speak, every time our happiness is threatened and never get to experience the joy that could be ours through trust and obedience.

It is only when we accept, and come through, trials and tribulations that we can truly identify with these words in James 1.

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Share your thought.

If Christian marriages are failing it can only be because we are more concerned with achieving personal happiness than with obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ.

And happiness, by its nature, is a fleeting thing, dependant on our "hap" or happenstance/circumstances. On the other hand, the "joy of the Lord" that we experience through trusting and obeying the Lord Jesus is independent of circumstances and is lasting.

So often we don't give ourselves the chance to experience this deep down joy. We jump ship, so to speak, every time our happiness is threatened and never get to experience the joy that could be ours through trust and obedience.

It is only when we accept, and come through, trials and tribulations that we can truly identify with these words in James 1.

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Amen, I needed this!

If Christians (and I emphasis Christians), would start treating marriage not as a Contract, but as a Covenant with God, we would see far less divorces.

"A three strand cord is not easily broken"....

I agree

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/2011

The moral value of humans has changed greatly in this day and age the spirit within people no longer guide them there is to much competition for other more personal wants and desires . In the past long before , what we take for granted with the ease of today`s living-back then Gods spirit was truly sought after much more earnestly and the true knowledge of him -in today`s world (like going to the super market) there are many varieties of , how you want to believe in God or not at all -morals and integrity are a ,forgotten and discarded ingredient . Is it not hard to imagine mankind left to himself with no true moral guidance (NO) this the world written of so many thousands of years ago and to see what is to come is not difficult either of the truth that was given to people how the days would be -there here -so the Words Spoken by the prophets and by the greatest one of all -Jesus will come to pass to completion . Holiness and honor are the 2 most valued commodities that a holy God wants to see his people aspire too not selfish personal desires - that`s why marriage is of no true value because value starts with seeking the truth of your life and why you are alive -what and who created you and seeking the God who see`s all things in all places and in all people .

Edited by Terra7

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/20/1990

I'm still single, so I'd like to enjoy being single for a good lengthy time until God calls me to do his will, or calls me home.

Marriage isn't just something you do for your happiness. You're entering into a commitment with your wife, and entering one with God.

But nobody seems to care, because they abandoned God and his truth, and replaced him with a false idol. A lie.

Countries where they don't know God yet or his love through Christ Jesus, and this thing happens frequently, are just as terrible. We should pray for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There is only one reason for divorce and it covers both believer and non-believer alike.

Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

In order to divorce another one must harden their heart against the other to the point they would rather be separated than together. It is quite simple. The blame game that ensues afterward comes out of the hearts of the participants.

I speak from experience. My wife left last month. She has hardened her heart to the point that she doesn't have any feelings for me. She betrays herself by her hardness in her actions toward anything I do. Her claim is that I am mentally ill but the hatred she shows in her actions shows her true problem lies within her own heart. I stand at the ready, commanded by Christ to forgive and receive her back unto myself. May God have mercy upon her and grant her repentance to the acknowledging of the truth.

In Jesus Name,

Gary