JohnS

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

How close do you think Israel is with signing a false peace traety with the Antichrist?

Do you feel this could happen very soon?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i think there will be a big war first, then a peace treaty.  Order out of chaos, you know.  The treaty must specify the trampling underfoot of Jerusalem by Gentiles.  Knowing that Israel will not allow Jerusalem to be controlled by Gentiles, and the "palestinians" would think that they should have complete control of Jerusalem, and would surely not want Gentiles (probably U.N.) to control Jerusalem, I think it will only occur after much war where all sides have decimated themselves, only then accepting such a radical proposal.  Remember that at the time of the end, Israel will be a desolation.  Not only that, but Jordan will be a desolation, as will Gaza, Syria, and parts of Iran (see Zephaniah 2).  Although I do not see the relevance of Ethiopia yet (although there are many converts to Judaism there), it too will also suffer great loss.

But then, from other prophecies in scripture, probably as a result of the above war between Israel and her neighbors, other muslim nations will rise up against Israel.  I think these are the king of the south. I think these will then be fought against by the king of the north.  but i think that will be largely during the 7 year period after the treaty.  I think the king of the north/king of the south war is the same as the first 4 seals.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I read today where the Muslim nations are calling for a Chap.8 from the UN, which is military force for peace!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Hi Angels!

I wonder if signing a peace treaty with the anti-christ is like signing a peace treaty with Mohammed? You've heard the story, haven't you? There are few things that satan wants more than to destroy Israel. I am thinking the rockets from Lebanon are going to escalate things out of control. Thousands are said to be pointed at Israel and they are under Syrian control. There are prophecies concerning Syria that have definitely not been fulfilled yet.

The burden against Damascus. "Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap.

Isaiah 17:1

That could definitely bring all the Muslim nations against Israel, but the Lord will miraculously deliver Israel and a peace treaty will be signed to give the anti-christ time to regather his forces and make more evil plans against the Jews. How else could the temple be rebuilt? The nations around Israel have to be decisively defeated.

I tend to agree with JohnS.

There must be a huge war before the rapture because:

There is no 10-nation revived Rome now.

There is no Antichrist now.

There is not great desire for peace by anyone right now.

There is no desire to start sacrifices on the part of the Israeli government right now. The opposite in fact.

Gomer (France and or Germany)are part of the EU now, but since the EU must break up these two or one of them will join with Russia in Ezekiel 38. That alignment does not exist today.

All in all, we are quite a ways removed from the rapture.

First, I think Isaiah 17 must come to pass. I think the Church will be present for that, but will depart perhaps during or shortly after this war.

There is no way of predicting if the current situation will lead up to this war or if it will fizzle like most crises in the Middle East.

We have all seen how things can change in a day...or even an hour. Keep looking up!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I disagree that the war of Ezekiel 38 comes first.  this war is most consistent with the war after the 1000 year reign of christ, IMO (Gog and Magog).  However, from reading around, i think I am in a minority on this one.  

I do not agree with revived Roman empire, as stated on other posts to another thread.  I do agree that Rome will be heavily involved, particularly with the Great Harlot.  

I think that the Antichrist is alive now.  However, the new testament is clear that he will be "hidden" until he is "uncovered".  However, I believe in a rapture after the Great Tribulation (3.5 years into the final week), and before the bowls of wrath of the final 3.5 years.  

I also think that the rapture is several years away, but my reasons are different:

we have not entered into world war, famine, and disease.

we have not had millions of christians persecuted and killed by decapitation.

we have not had an asteroid hit the earth, etc.

personally, I am looking to the "peace" treaty to be signed sometime in the summer of 2004 for reasons I will not state, but we all know how valuable predictions are.  

As for Gomer:

"Gomer, and all his bands'' (Eastern Europe - Gomer was an immediate descendant of Noah who settled north of the Black Sea in modern day Russia (Ukraine). They later moved westward into what is today Eastern Germany in the area of Poland; "The house of Togarmah of the north quarters and all his bands'' (Togarmah was the second son of Gomer; his descendants occupied northern and eastern Turkey. Many of these "bands'' occupied Southern Russia which used to be comprised of many small nations such as Armenia, and included some of the Tartar hordes who lived in Asia south of the Sea of Aral and toward the Caspian Sea. The Armenians still refer to themselves as the house of Togarmah).  Russia and the former republics are becoming increasingly Muslim in composition.  

I do not believe France is in there.  It is mostly Muslim portions of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, including Persia.

Who says it has to be the war of Ezekiel 38? All that is speculation. Just watch and be ready. When Yeshua came to this earth the first time, He didn't fit into the religious categories and frameworks of the learned and studious. I wouldn't be surprised to see that His Second Coming tears up some of the fine work of our End-Time theologians.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Amen John. I think some will argue with God, if he does it a little differently than they "know" He is supposed to do it. I am pre-trib but won't argue with God if we have to spend all or part of the trib here. In other words, Let God be True and every man a liar.