• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK - so what is the symbolism of the bow, and how does that impact how one interprets the horse and rider?

swift and precise destruction (judgment) to specific enemies of God from afar

Jer 51:3 Against him that bendeth let the archer bend his bow, and against him that lifteth himself up in his brigandine: and spare ye not her young men; destroy ye utterly all her host.

Jer 50:14 Put yourselves in array against Babylon round about: all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her, spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the LORD.

15 Shout against her round about: she hath given her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are thrown down: for it is the vengeance of the LORD: take vengeance upon her; as she hath done, do unto her.

Jer 51:11 Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes
[iran]
: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

12 Set up the standard upon the walls of Babylon, make the watch strong, set up the watchmen, prepare the ambushes: for the LORD hath both devised and done that which he spake against the inhabitants of Babylon.

13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.

That's interesting!

But why "specific" enemies? Do not the horsemen ride throughout the earth?

I know these prophecies are specific, but will the horseman be?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, man!

Question - if the other three riders on horses are not interpreted as actual people, why should the rider on the white horse be interpreted as an actual person?

Revelation 6

8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

I don't believe Death is an actual person. I believe it's a force, a spiritual presence, an evil that is given free reign over one fourth of the planet. The spirit of satan.

Right - but why is the rider on the white horse traditionally translated as a person, not a force, spiritual presence?

I don't know. I suppose it's easier for the mind to picture an individual than it is to try and imagine what a spiritual presence looks like. It's easier to picture the anti-christ or beast than it is to picture the spiritual influence behind them. I'm not saying that's who the rider of the pale horse is, I'm saying it's all how the mind perceives it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

swift and precise destruction (judgment) to specific enemies of God from afar

Jer 51:3 Against him that bendeth let the archer bend his bow, and against him that lifteth himself up in his brigandine: and spare ye not her young men; destroy ye utterly all her host.

Jer 50:14 Put yourselves in array against Babylon round about: all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her, spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the LORD.

15 Shout against her round about: she hath given her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are thrown down: for it is the vengeance of the LORD: take vengeance upon her; as she hath done, do unto her.

Jer 51:11 Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes
[iran]
: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

12 Set up the standard upon the walls of Babylon, make the watch strong, set up the watchmen, prepare the ambushes: for the LORD hath both devised and done that which he spake against the inhabitants of Babylon.

13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.

That's interesting!

But why "specific" enemies? Do not the horsemen ride throughout the earth?

I know these prophecies are specific, but will the horseman be?

Well Sister Nebula, of late I feel that God has been adding to and adjusting my understanding of these things. Ultimately the plan is for the enemies of Israel to move against her. . . .but currently America still has its agreement to defend Israel, therefore Israels enemies would like to accomplish what they cry aloud in their streets "Death to America."

If America is destroyed structurally (which I have for decades believe scriptures teach) then when the King of the Medes with all his new weaponry could feel confident to move against her with Russia's aid. This could be the coming of the red horse.

Perhaps the horses are progressive -

Re 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Maybe that is WHO leads this campaign against Israel and the daughter of Babylon where the majority of Jews live.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

That would be WHAT he intends to accomplish.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

That would be a direct consequence to the destruction of America, a major food provider for the world. With America destroyed, food would become more scare and prices increase. With the newly discovered natural gas and oil in Israel, it would be an objective of Iran and Russia to refrain from using nuclear weapons so as not to "hurt the oil and the wine."

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

However . . . greed and wickedness will work against the enemies of Israel after they think they will accomplish their desire goal, for and God will Himself come and fight for Israel . . . .

just thinking out loud a bit . . .

Edited by BlindSeeker

Interesting.

OK

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Rev. 6:2 - I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

I know the traditional interpretation of the bow notes that arrows are not given with the bow, thus it is a peaceful conquest . . . something like that.

(Even though arrows are not always mentioned with the bow in other places in Scripture - i.e. Genesis 48:22 - "Moreover I have given to you one portion above your brothers, which I took from the hand of the Amorite with my sword and my bow.")

???

Anyway, as I was looking up symbolism for something else, I happened to see the mention of the symbolism of the bow:

~~~~~

Bow

Judgment against evil, taking action to conquer evil

God judges the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he has bent his bow, and made it ready. Psalm 7: 11-12.

And in your majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and your right hand shall teach you terrible things. Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; by which the people fall under you. Psalm 45: 4-5.

Source

~~~~~

If the bow is the symbol of judgment, how does this affect the interpretation of the prophecy?

With the rider Holding a bow, Genesis mentions Ishmael was well skilled with the bow, After God gave the prophecy that He will make him a great nation. Just wondering if that has anything to do with it, Islam believes that Ishmael received the promise not Isaac, and that is where Islam branches off.

Genesis 21:18 Arise, lift up the lad and hold him with your hand, for I will make him a great nation.”

19 Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. And she went and filled the skin with water, and gave the lad a drink. 20 So God was with the lad; and he grew and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. 21 He dwelt in the Wilderness of Paran; and his mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt.

I like what blindseeker posted above me. Interesting.

With the rider Holding a bow, Genesis mentions Ishmael was well skilled with the bow, After God gave the prophecy that He will make him a great nation. Just wondering if that has anything to do with it, Islam believes that Ishmael received the promise not Isaac, and that is where Islam branches off.

Genesis 21:18 Arise, lift up the lad and hold him with your hand, for I will make him a great nation.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

If the bow is the symbol of judgment, how does this affect the interpretation of the prophecy?

Thanks for the thread sis, I like reading your thoughts.

God's bow of judgment is found in: Genesis 9.13

The bow you refer to in: Revelation 6.2 is the fake bow of the devil (he wants the world to think he's God:), the word in the text is: 'toxon'= fabric (it's a fake), he's a fake.

Sad thing is, many will believe his lies. I hope this helps?

You are welcome!

Interesting thoughts.

But I don't believe the rider on the white horse is the Anti-Christ. I believe it to be something more akin with the other riders.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Adding a few more Archer verses,

Jeremiah 51

3 Against her let the archer bend his bow,

And lift himself up against her in his armor.

Do not spare her young men;

Utterly destroy all her army.

Jeremiah 51:10-11

10 The LORD has revealed our righteousness.

Come and let us declare in Zion the work of the LORD our God.

11 Make the arrows bright!

Gather the shields!

The LORD has raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes.

For His plan is against Babylon to destroy it,

Because it is the vengeance of the LORD,

The vengeance for His temple.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

You are welcome!

Interesting thoughts.

But I don't believe the rider on the white horse is the Anti-Christ. I believe it to be something more akin with the other riders.

All the riders match with: Matthew 24.5-29 bringing evil to the people on earth.

What I find interesting is the question thats asked in the last verse of Revelation 6, and the answer is found in: Matthew 24.30

Give it all a read and compare if you like? Christ's words never cease to amaze me.