• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Here's 2 questions I've just recently thought about.

1. There were millions of people, plus millions of livestock, crossing the desert for 40 years. How did they get water for everything??? All the places in the Bible during that time where it ways to wash things or for people to bathe. Let alone for everyone and everything to drink!! It's only mentioned once where water came out of a rock. Where did all the other water come from?

2. How could there have been room on the ark for all the thousands of species of animals -- 2 each, and 7 each of some? Plus enough food for 40 days for all of them?

And how can you get notified in email when someone responds to your post?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Here's 2 questions I've just recently thought about.

1. There were millions of people, plus millions of livestock, crossing the desert for 40 years. How did they get water for everything??? All the places in the Bible during that time where it ways to wash things or for people to bathe. Let alone for everyone and everything to drink!! It's only mentioned once where water came out of a rock. Where did all the other water come from?

2. How could there have been room on the ark for all the thousands of species of animals -- 2 each, and 7 each of some? Plus enough food for 40 days for all of them?

Question 1. I have read the idea that the Hebrew word which is translated as 'thousand' originally meant 'familiy.' If you add the numbers in Numbers this way, you come with something closer to 30,000 persons or so. A very large caravan, no doubt, but easier to manage, and more likely given population demographics.

Question 2. YOU said "species" NOT THE BIBLE. "Kind" might as easily refer to genus, in which case this would limit the number of animals to the thousands and not to the millions you're thinking of. Speciation (or even 'respeciation') may well have occured after Noah's flood.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

God tells Noah to take animals after their own kind, so not two cougars and two tigers per se but two cats, two dogs etc. Dog, cats etc all have one common ancestor which gave way to each kind of cat we see, thats the way I see it. I also am of the mindset that God may have put the animals into a hybernated state if not can ya just imagine the smell and work involved cleaning it all up and where they gonna put it all? :noidea:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Well, some things the Lord didn't intend for us to know or understand.....

:laugh: Gotta love pat answers!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

.....I also am of the mindset that God may have put the animals into a hybernated state if not can ya just imagine the smell and work involved cleaning it all up and where they gonna put it all? :noidea:

Overboard?...

Through what opening do you suggest Paul? :cool:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

~ What about the idea that

maybe just baby animals were on the Ark instead?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

.....I also am of the mindset that God may have put the animals into a hybernated state if not can ya just imagine the smell and work involved cleaning it all up and where they gonna put it all? :noidea:

Overboard?...

There were at least one door and one window....

God shut the door from the outside....

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Overboard?...

So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord shut him in. Gen. 7:16

We don't read of Noah opening the door but God saying to Noah to come out of the ark, but it doesn't matter God sealed the door shut no way they could have opened it while it was raining or while they were floating at least I don't think that would have been possible. The window seems to be big enough for a bird to go through but for a whole boat of that many animals they would need a conveyor belt.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Overboard?...

So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord shut him in. Gen. 7:16

We don't read of Noah opening the door but God saying to Noah to come out of the ark, but it doesn't matter God sealed the door shut no way they could have opened it while it was raining or while they were floating at least I don't think that would have been possible. The window seems to be big enough for a bird to go through but for a whole boat of that many animals they would need a conveyor belt.

Yep...shovelling all that 'stuff' out of one small opening doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me...and highly improbable....I think I would require more faith to believe that, than if they just disposed of it or collected it by some other method...or even if G-d slowed down their metabolic rate, and the whole lot of them hibernated somehow.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Hi Kat!! Nice to see you on the boards..

Click "sign in as Kat8585"

Click "settings"

Click "Notification Options"

Check the "preference box" that you need.