Sign in to follow this  
south

Roast beef recipe

please include the sauce :laugh:

thanks and blessings...south

What kind of roast is it South? I like to make pot roast with onions, potatos, carrots and mushrooms.... A pot roast (or chuck roast) is usually a less expensive roast to purchase.... I make mine the way I was shown by my grandmother and Mom. I sear the roast in a very hot pan with cooking oil.... I brown it on both sides and then transfer it to a roasting pan.... I place the browned roast in a roasting pan and layer the peeled vegetables, I add salt, pepper, fresh chopped garlic (usually about 3 cloves) - then I add a can of cream of mushroom soup - and 1/2 can of water and cover tightly and roast for several hours in a slow oven - 325 .... when the meat flakes with a fork and the veggies are tender I remove and leave covered about 10 minutes to let the meat rest and absorb the juices.

If I'm doing a beef tenderloin - I prepare the other dishes ahead of time and take the tenderloin and rub with salt, garlic and pepper - place in a shallow pan in a VERY hot oven 500 degrees for about 3 minutes a pound (we like the meat a bit rare).

I have a recipe for a holiday crown rib roast also ... let me know!

What kind of roast is it South? I like to make pot roast with onions, potatos, carrots and mushrooms.... A pot roast (or chuck roast) is usually a less expensive roast to purchase.... I make mine the way I was shown by my grandmother and Mom. I sear the roast in a very hot pan with cooking oil.... I brown it on both sides and then transfer it to a roasting pan.... I place the browned roast in a roasting pan and layer the peeled vegetables, I add salt, pepper, fresh chopped garlic (usually about 3 cloves) - then I add a can of cream of mushroom soup - and 1/2 can of water and cover tightly and roast for several hours in a slow oven - 325 .... when the meat flakes with a fork and the veggies are tender I remove and leave covered about 10 minutes to let the meat rest and absorb the juices.

If I'm doing a beef tenderloin - I prepare the other dishes ahead of time and take the tenderloin and rub with salt, garlic and pepper - place in a shallow pan in a VERY hot oven 500 degrees for about 3 minutes a pound (we like the meat a bit rare).

Oh Lord I am gonna get fat :cool:

Using the same above, but to change up the flavor a bit (I like it and cook it both ways!) instead of the mushroom soup you can add water to the roast, sprinkle a package of dry onion soup mix over it, add veggies and either roast in oven for the several hours or cook on low for approx 8 hours in a slow cooker. When finished, remove roast and veggies and add about 2 tbls cornstarch to the juice to thicken. Nice.

And now I'm hungry.

AllRecipes.com Has Some Great Stuff-The-Fez Recipes! :24: :24: :24:

:laugh: Revenge is a dish best eaten cold. Wait............... :whistling: (if I am not too large to catch you that is...)

I usually spray the roaster with PAM. Take garlic and sliver it stick the knife into the roast in 4 spots on top and bottom and add a sliver of garlic into each cut. Salt and pepper the roaster and add the roast salt and pepper the top and add sliced onion around the roast add whole carrots and potatoes whole or cut in half. Add water and 2/3c and 1/3 c -1/2 c wine. The wine will tenderize, and roast at 350

I usually spray the roaster with PAM. Take garlic and sliver it stick the knife into the roast in 4 spots on top and bottom and add a sliver of garlic into each cut. Salt and pepper the roaster and add the roast salt and pepper the top and add sliced onion around the roast add whole carrots and potatoes whole or cut in half. Add water and 2/3c and 1/3 c -1/2 c wine. The wine will tenderize, and roast at 350

Thanks Believer. It's a chunk of rump steak.

Blessings...South

Thanks Believer. It's a chunk of rump steak.

Blessings...South

That is an excellent cut for the slow cooker - if you have one. I cannot operate with a crock-pot or slow cooker.... Do you have one?

Sign in to follow this