Sign in to follow this  
south

Roast beef recipe

please include the sauce :laugh:

thanks and blessings...south

What kind of roast is it South? I like to make pot roast with onions, potatos, carrots and mushrooms.... A pot roast (or chuck roast) is usually a less expensive roast to purchase.... I make mine the way I was shown by my grandmother and Mom. I sear the roast in a very hot pan with cooking oil.... I brown it on both sides and then transfer it to a roasting pan.... I place the browned roast in a roasting pan and layer the peeled vegetables, I add salt, pepper, fresh chopped garlic (usually about 3 cloves) - then I add a can of cream of mushroom soup - and 1/2 can of water and cover tightly and roast for several hours in a slow oven - 325 .... when the meat flakes with a fork and the veggies are tender I remove and leave covered about 10 minutes to let the meat rest and absorb the juices.

If I'm doing a beef tenderloin - I prepare the other dishes ahead of time and take the tenderloin and rub with salt, garlic and pepper - place in a shallow pan in a VERY hot oven 500 degrees for about 3 minutes a pound (we like the meat a bit rare).

I have a recipe for a holiday crown rib roast also ... let me know!

Thanks Believer. It's a chunk of rump steak.

Blessings...South

That is an excellent cut for the slow cooker - if you have one. I cannot operate with a crock-pot or slow cooker.... Do you have one?

I don't have a slow cooker. I did see one at the mall...hmmm...Fez? ;)

Using the same above, but to change up the flavor a bit (I like it and cook it both ways!) instead of the mushroom soup you can add water to the roast, sprinkle a package of dry onion soup mix over it, add veggies and either roast in oven for the several hours or cook on low for approx 8 hours in a slow cooker. When finished, remove roast and veggies and add about 2 tbls cornstarch to the juice to thicken. Nice.

And now I'm hungry.

This is how I cook a roast .. and it always comes out good. :thumbsup:

South cooked it yesterday, and it was perfect!

Brown on the outside, with a bit of garlic, etc, and slightly pink on the inside.....

Yummy........

Sign in to follow this