IGNORED

Input desired on idea to get Christians to move with me to Chile...

carlos123

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Hey FresnoJoe! I remember you. You're the guy that always prays. That's great bro!

By the way I haven't moved to Chile...yet. Still trying to figure out how to get there. The Lord has not yet opened that door wide for me so I can only conclude that it is not His will that I go there quite yet if at all of course. Only time will tell.

If the door opens I will for sure go but until it does I can only leave it in His hands while doing what I can to move in that direction.

Carlos

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

You can do the same thing from where you are now. Just like long distance learning. Try it out. A couple of things to keep in mind: once there you will be considered a walking cash machine and that in your mind things are the same as last time you were there. Praying

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I remember you, Carlos, from about two years ago. You were trying to get out of the U.S. then too. Odd that you would come back to a 'doomed' country. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey Carlos -

Sorry I have no clue how to help with what you are asking for. But I'd like to share a bit of my story with you.

About 9 years ago I stopped going to church. To put it simply, I was burned out - spiritually, mentally, and physically. "Churchianity" was destroying me. A few times I tried, but I just could not get myself going back to church - any church. The church routine just made me ill.

Earlier this year, my brother practically started dragging me to church with him. To be honest, I hated it. But while there some women were speaking into me about the need to belong to a church body. Well, I managed to get myself out of going to my bro's church again by trying out a church I hadn't been to yet, one that had a focus that was interesting to me. In my spirit I was asking the Lord for guidance, and although I didn't ask Him for a sign, I had a couple desires in my heart for what I wanted - aside from it not being "church as usual", I wasn't able to get away from that - but if I had to endure "the routine", there were cravings in my heart for fellowship, for friendship.

This church did not offer the manifestation of this desire, although it did seem a decent church to belong to. But something there brought out a desire to revisit another church that some people I was acquainted with attended. So I went there the following Sunday. Would you believe that those things I was craving were answered?! So, I figured that was good enough reason to keep going back!

So what did I learn from this, why I wanted to share this? The only thing that makes sense to me is that the Lord had me out in the desert (from the fellowship of a church body) for a reason, and the reason I did not feel the acceptance I needed from this church when I had gone there before was because it wasn't time for me to be there yet. Why it was this church and not the other, I don't know. But as I stumble through this life, I have to trust that the Lord is leading me, even when it doesn't seem like it.

The one thing I have not heard from what you have spoken so far is why the Lord sent you to San Diego. Based on my and others' experiences that I've heard, my inclination would be to ask you to seek the Lord about why He sent you there, what He would have you do there . . . something like that. Since it's rather clear the Lord is not opening the door for you to leave, it can only mean He has a plan for you still in San Diego. Seek out what He means for you in this place. It may be there is something you need to do or accomplish or learn of something else that I can't think of before He can move you on to Chile, if that is in His plan at all (sorry, but I can't assume that direction - even though I seriously sympathize with you).

Blessings!

Hey FresnoJoe! I remember you. You're the guy that always prays. That's great bro!

By the way I haven't moved to Chile...yet. Still trying to figure out how to get there. The Lord has not yet opened that door wide for me so I can only conclude that it is not His will that I go there quite yet if at all of course. Only time will tell.

If the door opens I will for sure go but until it does I can only leave it in His hands while doing what I can to move in that direction.

Carlos

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  18

Acts 13:1 Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and teachers: Barnabas, and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Why is your going to Chile dependent on other people going too? If God is prompting you to go, and you are sure that He is prompting you to do so, then wait for the opportunity to open up and then go, whether someone is going with you or not.

I truly believe that if God wants to send you somewhere, He will prepare the way, He will go ahead of you. You have experienced in the past how God paved the way for you, He will do the same, if it is His plan for you to go.

In my own personal experience, when I have a desire to move somewhere, my only prayer is for God to lead me on level ground. From the Philippines, I've moved to the US, then to Colombia, South America, and now I'm in South Africa. And every single time, I just know that it was God who made it possible. Lay it before God from the very beginning and be awed at how He will do it.

Blessings...South

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Dear Carlos -

We've wondered where life has taken you since you left a couple of years ago - I believe at that time you were angry with the country and the requirements to get assistance. How is your wife? Have you reconcilled with her and your family? I've prayed about that - I know she was making some demands that you come home and help her - you were searching for life with meaning and seemed so lost at the time. I pray that you all have reconciled and you are praying together over this trip to Chile.

So glad you are letting us know what is going on in your life now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Howdy MorningGlory,

Just so you know...I never left :). So there was no coming back. Glad I made such a memorable impression on you...I guess.

Carlos

I remember you, Carlos, from about two years ago. You were trying to get out of the U.S. then too. Odd that you would come back to a 'doomed' country. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Howdy MorningGlory,

Just so you know...I never left :). So there was no coming back. Glad I made such a memorable impression on you...I guess.

Carlos

Oh, my bad.....I thought you were in Canada for awhile. And, yeah, I have a good memory.........:cool: