• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Would you care to expound on the vision thing? I'm not trying to be cute, I'm just trying to understand what you're meaning. God has given a vision before of something dealing with our church, something that I saw happen and something He used me in. This was a literal vision in which I was an active participant. I've also had just a "vision" of things God has in store for me, but it's not been a physical dream, but rather a "God's going to do this and I know it" type of thing. I'm just simply trying to understand what you're saying.

Basically that - it could be something you see - sleep dream, day dream - or a concept vision (inspiration, thought, etc.)

Thank you, Neb. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Like I said, I think I'll just let God be my matchmaker....I'm really burned out on these "dating" sites, most of 'em are too expensive to join, you can't contact anyone if you don't pay for the service, and it's just a whole waste of time. Most of the guys look like sexual predators, and the ones around my age are either gay or looking for a 20 year old...so it doesn't matter to me any more. I just might end up being single, alone and miserable.

Maybe you have to meet an nonbeliver to bring to Christ.

Blessings

And if they are not receptive to the gospel message, then there is no ground for a longer term relationship. What fellowship has darkness with light? I have a few folks who have become friends over the years, but I will not enter a long term dating relationship with someone who does not share my love for Jesus. This is by my choice, and I'm not trying to force it on anyone else.

Maybe you have to meet an nonbeliver to bring to Christ.

Blessings

And if they are not receptive to the gospel message, then there is no ground for a longer term relationship. What fellowship has darkness with light? I have a few folks who have become friends over the years, but I will not enter a long term dating relationship with someone who does not share my love for Jesus. This is by my choice, and I'm not trying to force it on anyone else.

Exactly, Walla!!!! I've pondered what would I do in an instance of a non-believer being interested in me (which I've had happen). If that person would go to church w/ me and be open to the gospel message, I would gladly talk to them about salvation/invite them to church.. I'm sorry, but if someone isn't even willing to go to church or listen to the Message, why even consider them?

I know a lady at our church who married a non-Christian and I believe full well she knew he wasn't. What I see every Sunday is her dragging 3 kids to church and the only time her hubby shows up is on a special event like a baby dedication (last one was when their youngest son was born) or a wedding. I don't want that. I want someone who will walk into church with me, side by side, to worship the Lord.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I know a lady at our church who married a non-Christian and I believe full well she knew he wasn't. What I see every Sunday is her dragging 3 kids to church and the only time her hubby shows up is on a special event like a baby dedication (last one was when their youngest son was born) or a wedding. I don't want that. I want someone who will walk into church with me, side by side, to worship the Lord.

I'm going to second that, RGR. I'm single too and I would NEVER consider a nonbeliever for anything other than friendship, not even just casual dating. I also believe a Christian would have to be desperate to marry a nonbeliever. I'd rather be single than yoked to someone who didn't share my main reason for being on this earth. What would be the point? :noidea:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And "evangelism dating" rarely produces fruit.

I'm going to second that, RGR. I'm single too and I would NEVER consider a nonbeliever for anything other than friendship, not even just casual dating. I also believe a Christian would have to be desperate to marry a nonbeliever. I'd rather be single than yoked to someone who didn't share my main reason for being on this earth. What would be the point? :noidea:

Spot on, MG, spot on. I went through a marriage with someone who claimed to be a Christian, but the fruit never bore it out. Why would I want to put myself through that heartache again? No matter how good morally a non-Christian may be, it would still be akin to giving Superman Kryptonite; it will kill you spiritually.

And "evangelism dating" rarely produces fruit.

I will never forget a demonstration I was given as a teenager. One person, representing a Christian, was told to stand on the altar (you could substitute a chair, a stepstool or something else, but the logic is still the same). A second person, representing a non-Christian, was told to lie in the floor next to the altar. The person standing on the altar was told to try to pull the 2nd person up to the altar. Of course, it was a very tough, laborious process. Then the person in the floor was asked to attempt to pull down the person standing on the altar. You can figure that was MUCH easier than pulling the person up. The point being is that it is much easier for a non-Christian to pull us down to their level than for us to pull them up to ours.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I've never been on the site for more than just a few minutes filling out their long questionare. I have no idea what their price structure is, how long it takes to meet someone on there, how long you have to talk via their site before you can meet someone in person, etc. All I know is I keep seeing the commercials advertising how good it is but obviously I don't always trust commercials.

I'll be honest; I'm tired of being alone. I have single friends my age in this area, but they're not Christians so that knocks that in the head. I know friends who have dated/married non-Christians and while it might be okay for some, it's not what I truly want to do. I'm not in any type of financial shape to invest in a long distance relationship at the moment, so that knocks that in the head also.

I joined a Christian dating site called Christian Mingle a few years ago and loved it. I met a lot of wonderful people, some online and some in real life, but nothing lasting. I guess it boils down to the LDR thing again....just don't have the $$$ to invest in a long distance relationship.

I've thought about checking about E Harmony, but just not sure. Has anyone tried it or know someone who has? Is it hype or is it worth the price?

Have ya asked God to remove the need that you might attend to God's needs alone? He did it for me! What a relief to have His presence within to be enough so that you are no longer alone EVER :thumbsup: Love Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just one more thought.... we battle against our own bodies and the winners are those who put forth the Spirit as life and follow therein! In my own sinfulness the Spirit of God impressed upon me this fact- knowing my own person, by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, why would I wish to tie anyone to me? I do not know if this is what empowered me to remain single but it certainly helped! Many here... I have studied your hearts by the reading of your words and in my heart you are beautiful people seeking our loving Father.... May your loving hearts find this truth in the peaceful depths that are in eternity we shall be married to the Perfect Husband, in the perfect way, in the perfect time, in the perfect forever, and all we lack is to be made perfect in Him so that can happen.... Love Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Delight in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of your heart. Maybe this is one verse that everyone has been told over and over again.

I was in my mid 20's when the Lord gave me a promise regarding marriage, so I waited. But it was easy to wait when all my other close friends were also single. When one by one they started getting married, and I was the only one left single, I started doubting and thought maybe I got it all wrong.

I would always come across the verse above, and I would profess my love and devotion to the Lord, and would tell Him He would always come first. Until I came across the verse in Isaiah 54:5...

"For your Maker is your husband