• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Delight in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of your heart. Maybe this is one verse that everyone has been told over and over again.

I was in my mid 20's when the Lord gave me a promise regarding marriage, so I waited. But it was easy to wait when all my other close friends were also single. When one by one they started getting married, and I was the only one left single, I started doubting and thought maybe I got it all wrong.

I would always come across the verse above, and I would profess my love and devotion to the Lord, and would tell Him He would always come first. Until I came across the verse in Isaiah 54:5...

"For your Maker is your husband

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Delight in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of your heart. Maybe this is one verse that everyone has been told over and over again.

I was in my mid 20's when the Lord gave me a promise regarding marriage, so I waited. But it was easy to wait when all my other close friends were also single. When one by one they started getting married, and I was the only one left single, I started doubting and thought maybe I got it all wrong.

I would always come across the verse above, and I would profess my love and devotion to the Lord, and would tell Him He would always come first. Until I came across the verse in Isaiah 54:5...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

WWHD?

What Would Hank Do?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Ron, I struggle with recognizing the Lord's direction myself, but even still your best course of action is to ask the Lord for direction and follow His direction. Sometimes silence means do nothing, even though you want to.

I know it's hard to be alone. Even harder when you have children to take care of.

But some of us have to wait on the Lord's timing.

I've heard a lot more scary and failure stories from the dating sites than success stories.

Maybe ask the Lord for a vision (vision can take on different meanings) for the future wife he has for you, and then begin praying the vision?

In order to be married, you have to be marry-able. Work on being that person and when the time is right, Miss Right will be there.

I agree with this in many respects. While you are still single, learn as much as you can to be able to prepare you for marriage. What kind of wife or husband would you like to be? What kind of marriage would you like to have? Don't even worry about your future partner. Let God take care of that.

I had a friend who was a doctor in the Philippines. After her internship, she had this desire to go to her mom's province to practice. Despite other lucrative offers (she was very good), her heart was set. So she went and practiced there. She later told me that she believed that was the time she really grew in her love for the Lord. She actually went there with a broken heart but she said it was the desire of her heart to one day be married. So while there, she said she went to every workshop about marriage the church offered. It did not bother her that she went alone. She also did the things she enjoyed. She learned to dive and became a licensed diver. She got involved in church and went to medical missions.

Then one day she decided to join a medical mission in Thailand, and there she met her American husband, who was also in the mission. Now they are married with 3 beautiful children. She is now working on being able to practice medicine in the US.

I followed her example, and while in Bogota and living alone, I learned many things I knew would be useful once I got married, and enjoyed the things I knew I would not be able to enjoy once I am married :laugh: I think many times we fail to enjoy the many things and wonderful relationships (friends, family, co-workers, etc) God has blessed us with because we focus on the things we don't have.

Now that I am married, it was all worth the effort and the wait.

Blessings...South

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I feel for ya, dude. It seems the only thing those women want to know on those sites is how much money you make.

Not a good sign to start out a relationship....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I feel for ya, dude. It seems the only thing those women want to know on those sites is how much money you make.

...is glad she's not one of THOSE women......

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I understand one doesn't want a bum who isn't going to work and if one isn't employed, yeah, that's a problem. However the thing of "how much" is too personal and tells me what someone is looking at.

LOL, this ole boy ain't rich by any stretch of the imagination!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,648
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  217
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I have a neice who used ( may still do as far as I know ) a couple of " dating " sites... she told us about one date , he expected her to travel over 200 miles to meet him , he was NOTHING like the profile she had asked for , took her to a coffee shop and spent the whole time asking her how many shares she had in different companies and how much she could make if she switched things around ( not that she told him any of her personal financial details ) and just how wonderful he was. .... They apparently fill out a form after the date to send to the company and she was described as his ideal woman and he thought the date had gone verey well and may lead to futher more serious dates... she described him in somewhat different terms :taped::taped::taped::taped: