• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UBforChrist

Two Questions For Unbelievers

From The Blog Of Eric Hovind

Question #1:

Is it possible that the God of the Bible could reveal some things to us in such a way that we can know them for certain?

Question #2:

How do you know anything for certain?

Since I don't know if I am an unbeliever (still seeker....), I will try to put my unbeliever hat on and try to respond:

Question 1: There are many things that could prove God existence. A big voice from the skies heard by everybody could be

a possibility (even though, I am not sure that would satisfy the solipsists or ET believers amongst us). I would settle for a

clear cut prophecy from a pastor/prophet that turns out to be true. For instance: tomorrow there will be a biblical plague that

will strike a certain country, and this really happens. Prophecies done in the past and confirmed by people in the past won't do.

Question 2: Atheists do not have certainties. Doubt is a common denominator for (most) unbelievers. They reason in terms

of probability based on evidence. They view God's existence as highly improbable and not higher than the probability of Allah's (or any other God's)

existence. They would also likely return the question to you ;-)

the pharisees had miracles done right in front of them an they still didnt believe. well i mean they believed that there was a God but they rejected that Christ was their Lord. an he demonstrated his power right in front of them. an they called him a drunkard an demon possessed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bob Down

As a matter of interest, having posed the questions and anticipated the answers, Hovind concludes that: "The Christ follower has an avenue to truth; the unbeliever

....The unbeliever can be certain there is an American city named Chicago, certain that 1+1=2, and certain that Earth is not the centre of the solar system. There are some things the unbeliever does know for certain and it is wrong to say "he cannot know anything for certain".....

Thank You Dear One For Your Thoughtful Answers To These Two Questions

There Are Core Truths That Evey Man Will Face Now Or Later

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. Psalms 53:1

And Believers Know God (Who Does Not Lie) Says, All Men Know

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:20

And All Men Will Choose And All Men Will Be Judged

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:25-26

And Not Even Death Will Hide A Fellow

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 6:26-29

You See

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world. John 11:25-27

And Be Blessed Beloved

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:5-7

Love, Joe

Guest Bob Down

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. Psalms 53:1

Interesting that you quote a Psalmist who calls unbelievers fools, when Matthew (5:22) makes it clear that: "...whoever says 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire."

Is the Psalmist in hell do you think?

Just for the record, and despite what the Psalmist has written, I am not corrupt, and I have not done abominable iniquity. I am surprised that you are prepared to imply that perhaps I have. Would you care to elaborate?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

If Hovind is consistent and follows his own "logic" all the way through, he will conclude that, "The Tammuz follower has an avenue to truth" that is on par with the truth he wishes to claim exclusively for his own religion.

:laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting that you quote a Psalmist who calls unbelievers fools, when Matthew (5:22) makes it clear that: "...whoever says 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire."

One who has not the Spiritual discernment can only look at words and draw simple conclusions, but one who is a true believer and searches the Scripture, will have the teachings of God. In the Believer's Bible Commentary - W. MacDonald - the thought of "fool" is viewed as progressive in Matt. 5. We see in v.22 that to be angry with a brother in Christ without cause can put one in danger of judgment on himself; and "Racca", meaning empty and a word of contempt and insulting is in danger of being called before the religious counsel; further, if one calls his brother "a fool" he is in danger of "hell" because he considers him contrary to God and should be dead. God despises such hatred. One can read the full commentary and compare with all others. What the Psalmist said in Psa. 53 is consistent with this.

- Seriousseeker

Edited by Seriousseeker

Guest shiloh357

Just for the record, and despite what the Psalmist has written, I am not corrupt, and I have not done abominable iniquity. I am surprised that you are prepared to imply that perhaps I have. Would you care to elaborate?

First of all, the NT passage you cited is referring to a type of slander. It is not slander for the Psalmist to call an unbeliever a fool.

Secondly, you are corrupt because of what you are not because of what you do. Everything you do in the context of being an unbeliever is inquity before God. You are incabable of pleasing God. Your best deeds on your best day are as filthy menstrual rags before God. You are born a sinner and you have a sentence of death hanging over your head. You are born separated from God and at enmity with Him. You are under the curse of His law and are going headlong down a path to eternal destruction unless you repent and receive Jesus as your Savior.

That is the condition you are in. God loves you enough that He sent His Son to Jesus take upon Himself the penalties of your sin and to provide you with the free gift of eternal life. It is yours for the taking. If you choose continued separation from God, you will face the consequences for that choice.

Dear Bob

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

You Tread Deep Waters

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

And Without The One Who Commands The Waves

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him? Mark 4:39-41

See?

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

>>>>>()<<<<<

Is the Psalmist in hell do you think? Just for the record, and despite what the Psalmist has written, I am not corrupt, and I have not done abominable iniquity. I am surprised that you are prepared to imply that perhaps I have. Would you care to elaborate?

Dear One, When God Speaks

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:20-21

Even The Fool

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Romans 3:10-13

Will Listen

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

See?

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

>>>>>()<<<<<

Dear Bob

But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.

And they were all amazed, and they glorified God, and were filled with fear, saying, We have seen strange things to day. Luke 5:24-26

Believe

And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you. March 16:5-7

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Be Very Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Or Not

Love, Joe