IGNORED

Two Questions For Unbelievers

Guest JacobLewis

Holy

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:22

Blood

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things,

as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

>>>>>()<<<<<

....Working under the impression that the God who sent his "only begotten son" to die for my sins, and to pay for the original sin, is the same God that blinked the universe into existence with His Will, does it not seem absurd that this great sacrifice is necessary?

If god chooses to forgive his creations for doing that which comes naturally to them, why is this terrific sacrifice necessary? Why are we indebted to the Son of God, an extension of God himself? Why not simply forgive and be done with it? Why is bloodshed a requirement?,,,,

The Same

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Almighty One

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. Deuteronomy 32:39-40

Who Hung On Calvary's Tree

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Is The One Who Called The Worlds Into Existence

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:9-10

And Yet He Calls

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Come Sinner

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Come

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Love, Joe

Doesn't do it for me Joey.

Anyone else have a reasonable answer that isn't a direct quote from the book I'm refuting?

Why does God require bloodshed? How can this law that states bloodshed is required be imposed on the creator of everything?

It seems like a very dark and merciless being that would insist on blood and death.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Holy

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:22

Blood

as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

>>>>>()<<<<<

....Working under the impression that the God who sent his "only begotten son" to die for my sins, and to pay for the original sin, is the same God that blinked the universe into existence with His Will, does it not seem absurd that this great sacrifice is necessary?

If god chooses to forgive his creations for doing that which comes naturally to them, why is this terrific sacrifice necessary? Why are we indebted to the Son of God, an extension of God himself? Why not simply forgive and be done with it? Why is bloodshed a requirement?,,,,

The Same

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Almighty One

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. Deuteronomy 32:39-40

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:9-10

And Yet He Calls

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Come Sinner

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Come

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Love, Joe

Anyone else have a reasonable answer that isn't a direct quote from the book I'm refuting?

Why does God require bloodshed? How can this law that states bloodshed is required be imposed on the creator of everything?

It seems like a very dark and merciless being that would insist on blood and death.

Doesn't do it for me Jakey,

He sent His son to shed blood for my sins, and thats enough. You are on a Christian board, and we have no need to defend out God or our faith. Why don't you answer the question you asked for us? And for your info the Bible has all the answers, why should any one of us want or need to quote from the works of man, rather than from the Word of God?

Guest shiloh357

No, I am not a layman, and no we are not equqls. I am a student of Scripture and far more than a layman's interest/knowledge of Scripture.

Sorry about that - quite unfair of me to make assumptions about your knowledge of scripture.

Post #7

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. Psalms 53:1

Interesting that you quote a Psalmist who calls unbelievers fools, when Matthew (5:22) makes it clear that: "...whoever says 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire."

Is the Psalmist in hell do you think?

Post #10

First of all, the NT passage you cited is referring to a type of slander. It is not slander for the Psalmist to call an unbeliever a fool.

Post#26 (referring back to Post #10)

The first sentence answered the question about Psalm 53 and Matt. 5:22.

Post #33

I have already explained them and reposted it about five or six posts back, this morning. If you like you may respond to my explanation and we can go from there.

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good."

That text slanders every unbeliever who is not corrupt, has not done abominable iniquity, and has done good things, so I am still wondering, is the Psalmist in hell as Matthew 5:22 suggests he may be?

It's only slander when it isn't true. The Psalmist is entirely accurate on both counts.

The passage in the NT refers to defamation of character, which is a totally different context.

Guest shiloh357

Holy

Blood

>>>>>()<<<<<

The Same

Almighty One

And Yet He Calls

Come Sinner

Come

Love, Joe

The book tells you everything you need to know and frankly, you haven't offered much of a refutation and you don't know the book very well, because God provided the blood and the sacrifice necessary to meet the demands of His justice. He did that out of mercy for you. God sent His Son into this world to be the payment of sin. Death is the consequence of sin and Jesus died for us in order that we would not have to die. He paid our debt of sin and offers us the free gift of eternal life.

It is yours for the asking. But that is a choice you have to make. We are not called to convince you or make you believe. That is between you the Lord.

Jesus!

My LORD And My God

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Colossians 1:19-23

>>>>>()<<<<<

Holy

Blood

>>>>>()<<<<<

The Same

Almighty One

And Yet He Calls

Come Sinner

Come

Love, Joe

.... Doesn't do it for me Joey.....

:thumbsup:

Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. Acts 8:22

:thumbsup:

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:4

OK

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Jesus Saves

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Colossians 1:12-14

Love, Your Friend Joey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Bloodshed refers to God's own bloodshed, in order to save men.

Death means being separated from God, an action required to protect the sheep from wolves, or else He's merciless to His sheep.

Matthew 5

4 Blessed are those who mourn,

for they will be comforted.

7 Blessed are the merciful,

for they will be shown mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart,

for they will see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called children of God.

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Edited by Hawkins

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Holy

Blood

>>>>>()<<<<<

The Same

Almighty One

And Yet He Calls

Come Sinner

Come

Love, Joe

Man started it:

Genesis 4:9-11Then the LORD said to Cain, "(A)Where is Abel your brother?" And he said, "I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?"He said, "What have you done? (B)The voice of your brother's blood is crying to Me from the ground."Now ©you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.

God feels this way about bloodshed:

Genesis 9:5-7 (New International Version,

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I will demand an accounting from every animal.

From every animal? Does that mean that a tiger that kills a man is accountable? This is, honestly, new to me.

I was not aware that animals could sin, too.

And I heard there is a lot of bloodshed in the Old Testament approved directly by God. But I might be wrong here,

since I do not the Bible very well :-(

Your answers are in Scripture. Why continue to ask other mortals what God said, or did or proclaimed. Read the Bible, my friend. Here is an easy guide...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4701197_read-the-bible.html

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

From every animal? Does that mean that a tiger that kills a man is accountable? This is, honestly, new to me.

And I heard there is a lot of bloodshed in the Old Testament approved directly by God. But I might be wrong here,

Your answers are in Scripture. Why continue to ask other mortals what God said, or did or proclaimed. Read the Bible, my friend. Here is an easy guide...

http://www.ehow.com/...-the-bible.html

OK, I will give it a try.

But this accountability of animals sins is in the Bible (according to the post, I did not check).

But how do I know that the Bible is the true Word of God?

As you read, you will come to understand. And, playing into your sceptical nature, what are the odds that the Word would survive in written form for over 3,500 years if it was not the real deal? Check the prophecies put forth in Scripture; see that they have been fulfilled. Read the description of the end times in Revelation; compare it to what you see on t.v. news. I sincerely hope you do these things, Attel. No one but you can bring the truth to YOU.

Guest shiloh357

http://www.ehow.com/how_4701197_read-the-bible.html

OK, I will give it a try.

But this accountability of animals sins is in the Bible (according to the post, I did not check).

But how do I know that the Bible is the true Word of God?

There are numerous evidences both internal and external that demonstrate the Bible to be the true word of God.

as to the animal issue: Think of like this. If a person is killed by someone else's pit bull, the animal is usually euthanized. This passage is talking about what to do if person is killed by animal or human. It is not a "sin" issue with the animal. It simply allows man to kill animals that kill humans in order to protect the community. Try not to read too much into the passage.