IGNORED

Interpreting The Book of Revelation

Guest shiloh357

We see that the Lord Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week, or the eighth day.

The 1st day of the week is not the 8th day, it's the 1st day. There's only seven days in a week.

You should be careful about adding things to scripture. From what I understand, it's not a good thing.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I never saw and still don't see an 8th trump. I always saw 8 as symbolic of new beginnings. Seems to me that the 1000 yrs of Christ's reign is where death is finally overcome. It is at the end of it that death is thrown into the lake of fire. I think there will be people born & still dying during that time. I find it interesting that no man in the Old Testament lived to be a 1000. 1000 years is as a day & God told Adam "in the day you eat of of it you shall surely die".

Oops, sorry, got sidetracked. I think after the 1000 yrs we start a new day which will be a first day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

By the way, the last trump is the eighth trump, as eight is God's number for resurrection. And it happens at the end of the Kingdom age.

There is no way I can square that statement; either Scripturally or mathematically.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

In Luke that "falling" is sometime after the destruction of natural Jerusalem in 70 A.D.,

If the passage in Luke is making reference to 70 A.D. Jerusalem, then what you're saying is that Christ has already returned then left and will return again sometime in the future.

Christ has not yet returned obviously. 70AD was the judgment of Messiah upon faithless Israel, not the Second Coming. Jesus specifically warned them that if they didn't repent, he would burn their city.

At the Second Coming, fire falls from heaven and burns up the wicked and the whole earth and all of its works (2 Peter 3 and Rev 20). If we understand the Great Tribulation as pertaining to the destruction of Jerusalem and NOT to the Second Coming, things will tend to make more sense in Revelation.

All of the symbols in Revelation have their roots in the Old Testament.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

The Opening Post says, "Interpreting The Book of Revelation."

There is a simple key to the book of Revelation that makes the whole book simple to understand by all alike. This key is found in Revelation 1:19 and 4:1.

The book is in three clearly defined divisions:

First, "the things which thou hast seen," that is the visions of Christ, as in Rev. 1.

Second, "the things which are," that is, the things concerning the churches, as in Rev. 2-3.

Third. "the things which shall be hereafter," that is, after the churches, as in Rev. 4-22.

To prove that everything of Revelation, from the fourth chapter on, must be after the churches, in Rev. 4:1 after he had written the vision of Christ in chapter one and the things concerning the churches in chapters two and three, John was caught up to Heaven and was told that he was to see the things which must be hereafter, that is, after the churches. If the things of Rev. 4:1 through the rest of the book must be after the churches, then they must be fulfilled after the churches and not during the time of the churches. This is proof that the rapture of the church must take place before the fulfillment of everything in Rev. 4-22. If we will take literally and consecutively the events of these chapters and believe that they will happen after the rapture of the church, nothing in the book will be hard to understand.

where do you get the conclusion that the rapture happens before rev.4-22? it is talking about things that happen in the future from john's perspective. besides when Paul talks about the rapture in thessalonians he gave a warning not to be fooled, jesus return happens at the end of the trib and that is when we raptures his people.

Your right, it doesn't happen before Revelation 4-20:9, it happens at the last trump (1Cor 15:52) but it seems we cannot determine when this last trump will arrive.

By the way, the last trump is the eighth trump, as eight is God's number for resurrection. And it happens at the end of the Kingdom age.

Can you show this with Scripture? I never read about any 8th trump in prophecy.

In the Book of Revelation we see seven trumpets, but no where under those trumpets do we discover a resurrection of all the saints from all time. During the Kingdom age there will also be those who are saved and experience death, if the last trump had previously sounded where would the one's who died during the Kingdom age's resurrection be?

Discovering the significant of the number 8 in Scripture ... "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:1-3) By this we can see that we are in fact still in the "seventh day," in accordance to God, for He is still resting from having made this temporal perfected creation.

However, there is a time coming when He will rise from His rest and work for we see it written, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new." (Rev 21:5) This is the Lord again at work, and it is on the day after the seventh day has ended, or the eighth day.

In 2 Peter 2:5 it is recorded, "And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly." This being a type or shadow of resurrection, Noah being the eighth, which speaks of the old having passed and the new having come.

We find recorded in Revelation, "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed." (Rev 13:3) That being coupled with, "And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth." (Rev 17:11a) As most all would agree the one "wounded to death" is the same as the one which is proclaimed to be "the eighth" and it is a resurrected one.

We see that the Lord Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week, or the eighth day.

There is much to be discovered regarding the number eight in Scripture but it does, most certainly. speak of resurrection. Therefore, the "last trump" being sounded at the total and complete resurrection of everyone forever can only be the eighth trump.

I'll take that as a no. Your doctrine comes up with day 8, but scripture does not. Thank you.

There would far more unity in the body of Christ if we simply accepted that we do not know what we do not know than to presume we have the skills to "crack the code" so to speak. We need to accept the boundaries of our limitations in terms of what can and cannot or not permitted to know at this time. We need to stop making assumptions about what the Bible says and then try to interpret the Bible to fit our assumptions.

The Beginning

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Genesis 3:14-15

The Promise

And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD. Hosea 2:19-20

The End

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. Revelation 20:7-9

And The Rest

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:4-8

Even So, Come Quickly LORD Jesus, Come Quickly

Amen~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

The 1st day of the week is not the 8th day, it's the 1st day. There's only seven days in a week.

You should be careful about adding things to scripture. From what I understand, it's not a good thing.

I guess you can more easily put it this way 7 + 1. Or as Golddust put it, "a new beginning." But 7 + 1 does = 8. It is the eighth trump. And brother it is either an adding to or a taking away from the Scripture, we must be careful in both directions.

There is much to be said with respect to 7 + 1 in the Scripture if we would but look. And, again 7 + 1 = 8. The "last trump" is not of the seven, therefore it is the eighth trump signaling a NEW BEGINNING.

I never saw and still don't see an 8th trump. I always saw 8 as symbolic of new beginnings. Seems to me that the 1000 yrs of Christ's reign is where death is finally overcome. It is at the end of it that death is thrown into the lake of fire. I think there will be people born & still dying during that time. I find it interesting that no man in the Old Testament lived to be a 1000. 1000 years is as a day & God told Adam "in the day you eat of of it you shall surely die".

Oops, sorry, got sidetracked. I think after the 1000 yrs we start a new day which will be a first day.

You are right sister, I should have simply said 7 + 1, as I explained in the post in response to Man. The real problem arises when we see that the "last trump" is not included in the "seven" in the Book of Revelation. For as it is written, "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1Cor 15:51-52) Coupled with, "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1Thes 4:15-17)

If it is at the "last trump," and not under any of the "seven trumpets," that the Lord Jesus Himself physically returns, what does that do to much of the picture that has been painted concerning "the coming of the son of man?" I know you are familiar with, "unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ." (Eph 4:13c) Maybe we should consider where this "one" comes in?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

There is much to be said with respect to 7 + 1 in the Scripture if we would but look. And, again 7 + 1 = 8. The "last trump" is not of the seven, therefore it is the eighth trump signaling a NEW BEGINNING.

That is patently untrue...Christ's return happens after the 7th trumpet is blown......

Revelation 11

The Seventh Trumpet

15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

That is patently untrue...Christ's return happens after the 7th trumpet is blown......

Revelation 11

The Seventh Trumpet

15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become

the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,

and he will reign for ever and ever."

16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:

"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,

the One who is and who was,

because you have taken your great power

and have begun to reign.

18 The nations were angry,

and your wrath has come.

The time has come for judging the dead,

and for rewarding your servants the prophets

and your people who revere your name,

both great and small