• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Rev 1:1-3

1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must shortly take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

NASB

I think you are all missing something in this first verse...... this information in this book came from the Father. It was given to Jesus to pass on to Christians via an angel through the Apostle John.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:blink: Shiloh, I believe your thread is being hijacked.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

A study of the Churches...this is somewhat long

sdktlk, just some advice. 99.99% of members never read long posts, and so they are wasted being posted. Rather provide a link to the page you got it from rather that posting the whole thing. This way, if people wish to read it they can go to the link.

It is the nature of Worthy that most posts concentrate on one or two points at a time.

Blessings

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

sdktlk, just some advice. 99.99% of members never read long posts, and so they are wasted being posted. Rather provide a link to the page you got it from rather that posting the whole thing. This way, if people wish to read it they can go to the link.

It is the nature of Worthy that most posts concentrate on one or two points at a time.

Blessings

Another bit of advice, when you quote another persons work, give the source.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It is my work, for we are exhorted to study to show ourselves approved. In order to know if something is correct or not we need to first learn to be led of the Lord so that we might be able to prove all things.

Chapter Two....

:thumbsup:

A

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; Revelation 2:1

Revelation

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; Revelation 2:8

Of

And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; Revelation 2:12

The

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; Revelation 2:18

Lord

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Revelation 3:1

Jesus

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; Revelation 3:7

Christ

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; Revelation 3:14

Amen~!

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:19-20

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

.... Verse 20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me

.... Verse 20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

"...Behold, I stand at the door, and knock..." What door is this? As the Lord is speaking to the angel(s) of this seventh manifestation of the Church we can readily see that they have put the Living Word outside the Church door. He is LOVE and He is, "...meek/gentle and lowly/humble in heart..." (Mat 11:29) When you put Him out He does not, "...behave Himself unseemly..." (1Cor 13:5) but rather, "...suffers long..." (1Cor 13:4,) gently knocking at the door.

"...if any man hear My voice, and open the door..." He does not intrude, you have to want to hear His Voice. We find that the Prophet Elijah discovered this when the LORD instructed him to, "...Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD

was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: and after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. And it was so, when Elijah heard it..." (1Ki 19:11-13) These one's, as do we, need to listen for that still small voice if they desire to hear the Voice of the Lord.

"...I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me..." Wait! Are these one's not saved? When we are born again do we not receive the Holy Spirit? The answers are yes they are saved, and yes we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. This is something altogether different. The Lord said, "...He that has My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him..." (Jn 14:21) And again, "...If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him. He that loves Me not keeps not My sayings: and the Word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me..." (Jn 14:23, 24) To dine with the Lord He has to be abiding with you. This is further explained by the Lord in that, "...If you abide in Me, and My Words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be My disciples..." (Jn 15:7, 8) If we want to sup with the Lord we must learn to abide in Him.

Verse 21 - To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne

Do we see what the Lord Has said to him that overcomes here? For, it is written, "...The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together..." (Rom 8:16, 17) A joint-heir is one who gets exactly the same thing as the Heir. If we will but see our way clear of the muddle we will come to understand: "...Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world (this order of things) knows us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that has this hope in Him purifies himself, even as He is pure..." (1Jn 3:1)

If we will but trust in Him to cause us to overcome the world, kosmos, meaning this order of things and, as we can see, there is much to overcome in these four, of the earth/earthy, manifestations of the Church: from Thyatira through Laodicea. If we will but trust Him to show us The Way to victory over the flesh, and cause us to put on the True armor of God so that we will be able to stand against the tricks of the devil: then we too can sit down on the right hand of God and give all glory and honor and praise to the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the First Overcomer. For, it is "...not by might (natural,) nor by power (natural,) but by My Spirit (supernatural,) says the LORD of hosts..." (Zec 4:6)

Verse 22 - He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches....

Amen~!

Hello Joe,

Did you read the whole post..I was informed that it was way to long and would not be read.

No...you were informed that it's customary to post a link to such a long post so that those who wish to can read it and also that it's common practice to cite the author or source of anything you post (even if it's you). There's no problem with your post; it's just that most don't have time to tackle something that long (roughly the length of a Reader's Digest story.) It's not personal; the rules are the same for everyone.

"...Behold, I stand at the door, and knock..." What door is this? As the Lord is speaking to the angel(s) of this seventh manifestation of the Church we can readily see that they have put the Living Word outside the Church door. He is LOVE and He is, "...meek/gentle and lowly/humble in heart..." (Mat 11:29) When you put Him out He does not, "...behave Himself unseemly..." (1Cor 13:5) but rather, "...suffers long..." (1Cor 13:4,) gently knocking at the door.

"...if any man hear My voice, and open the door..." He does not intrude, you have to want to hear His Voice. We find that the Prophet Elijah discovered this when the LORD instructed him to, "...Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD

was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: and after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. And it was so, when Elijah heard it..." (1Ki 19:11-13) These one's, as do we, need to listen for that still small voice if they desire to hear the Voice of the Lord.

"...I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me..." Wait! Are these one's not saved? When we are born again do we not receive the Holy Spirit? The answers are yes they are saved, and yes we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. This is something altogether different. The Lord said, "...He that has My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him..." (Jn 14:21) And again, "...If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him. He that loves Me not keeps not My sayings: and the Word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me..." (Jn 14:23, 24) To dine with the Lord He has to be abiding with you. This is further explained by the Lord in that, "...If you abide in Me, and My Words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be My disciples..." (Jn 15:7, 8) If we want to sup with the Lord we must learn to abide in Him.

Verse 21 - To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne

Do we see what the Lord Has said to him that overcomes here? For, it is written, "...The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together..." (Rom 8:16, 17) A joint-heir is one who gets exactly the same thing as the Heir. If we will but see our way clear of the muddle we will come to understand: "...Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world (this order of things) knows us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that has this hope in Him purifies himself, even as He is pure..." (1Jn 3:1)

If we will but trust in Him to cause us to overcome the world, kosmos, meaning this order of things and, as we can see, there is much to overcome in these four, of the earth/earthy, manifestations of the Church: from Thyatira through Laodicea. If we will but trust Him to show us The Way to victory over the flesh, and cause us to put on the True armor of God so that we will be able to stand against the tricks of the devil: then we too can sit down on the right hand of God and give all glory and honor and praise to the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the First Overcomer. For, it is "...not by might (natural,) nor by power (natural,) but by My Spirit (supernatural,) says the LORD of hosts..." (Zec 4:6)

Verse 22 - He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches....

Amen~!

Hello Joe,

Did you read the whole post..I was informed that it was way to long and would not be read.

No...you were informed that it's customary to post a link to such a long post so that those who wish to can read it and also that it's common practice to cite the author or source of anything you post (even if it's you). There's no problem with your post; it's just that most don't have time to tackle something that long (roughly the length of a Reader's Digest story.) It's not personal; the rules are the same for everyone.

I did not take it personal, if it seemed I did I apologize. And, being completely computer illiterate, I have no links. :0)