• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/07/1990

I faced one of my fears recently: I was lost for a 1 1/2 days in a city alone. I was one a trip and it seemed like no matter how hard I got close to the road I needed to go down on a road leading to it was blocked or I get detoured for construction or i miss a turn. Though its stressful enough for being lost in a place I never been in before, what really bothers me is the fact that I'm going to have to get use to living alone and trying to do everything by myself. The sad part is that the city I got lost in was the one I wanted to move to one day..

i feel bad though too cuz I know that God was trying to talk to me during that time too.. I think mainly cuz I decided to go to this church that is the one I wanted to attend when I finally move to the city (figured since I was stuck in the city I might aswell go : P ).

It was one of those moments when it seems like God sends spy's out to follow you and then speak about topics that pertains to you. I began thinking that maybe God wanted me to be lost so I can go to church there that day, but reality was setting in for me to harshly that I'm going to be dealing with loneliness that I barely enjoyed the servous as much as I wanted.

Its just been very trivial for me lately, I'm trying to rely on God and not worry too much. But the process of stepping out scares me. its awkward being a stranger all the time and trying to be strong at the same time when its just me. :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

****praying for things to stablize in your life****

You need a good church and a GPS.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,719
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  220
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug: the feeling of being all alone and helpless is sooo hard to deal with and the fear that goes with it that this is all you have to look forward to ( like being kicked in the stomache and feeling sick and vunerable ) PRAISE GOD that we are NEVER totally alone and you know it is true that you can feel more alone in a crowd of people you know than when you really are on your own, :wub:

Just because you got lost in a city you think will be where you will live doesnt mean that you will always feel lost there ... I still remember the feeling of terror and " how will I ever find my way around here " on my first day in ( what we call ) senior school ... within a week or two I was directing others to places :laugh: If this ever hapens again try pulling over in a safe place and taking a few moments to recentre yourself in Gods love and pray ... then put on the little lady lost look and get some macho man to give you clear and simple directions .. it will make them feel good and you may even find your way to where you want to go :24::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I faced one of my fears recently: I was lost for a 1 1/2 days in a city alone. I was one a trip and it seemed like no matter how hard I got close to the road I needed to go down on a road leading to it was blocked or I get detoured for construction or i miss a turn. Though its stressful enough for being lost in a place I never been in before, what really bothers me is the fact that I'm going to have to get use to living alone and trying to do everything by myself. The sad part is that the city I got lost in was the one I wanted to move to one day..

i feel bad though too cuz I know that God was trying to talk to me during that time too.. I think mainly cuz I decided to go to this church that is the one I wanted to attend when I finally move to the city (figured since I was stuck in the city I might aswell go : P ).

It was one of those moments when it seems like God sends spy's out to follow you and then speak about topics that pertains to you. I began thinking that maybe God wanted me to be lost so I can go to church there that day, but reality was setting in for me to harshly that I'm going to be dealing with loneliness that I barely enjoyed the servous as much as I wanted.

Its just been very trivial for me lately, I'm trying to rely on God and not worry too much. But the process of stepping out scares me. its awkward being a stranger all the time and trying to be strong at the same time when its just me. :noidea:

Going to church can be one of the best ways to fight lonliness. Get involved in church activities - it's a great way to meet like minded friends.

But I do know where you're coming from. When I got divorced, at first I thought "Great! Now I can do what I want, when I want!" But, I gotta tell ya, I was sure surprised how quick that got old. It sure isn't fun watching TV alone on the couch with nobody to talk to or joke with. Or eating meals with only your dog's furry face to look at. And smiling as you walk by the cute couple walking hand in hand, when all you really want to do is smack them upside the head. (In Christian love, of course. :rolleyes: )

Hang in there - we're all praying for ya. :wub:

Thanks, this helps. It just troubles me sometimes and I wish these feelings would go away. I guess I'm use to being surrounded by people I knw who care about me and realizing that i'm leaving it behind and starting off on my own is very shocking for me. :noidea::noidea:

****praying for things to stablize in your life****

You need a good church and a GPS.....

Lol yah.... I think a GPS would have solved a lot of headaches for me.... :b:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But the process of stepping out scares me. its awkward being a stranger all the time and trying to be strong at the same time when its just me. :noidea:

I share your struggle.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  2

SweetRain, it is not unusual to be feeling and to have experienced what you have. Please know that we all get apprehensive when encountering something new. Be patient Sis, and wait til you get your bearings. You'll be strutting around that place confidently in no time. Praying God will lead you where He wants you. :)

Song In The Night~

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/14/1955

I to. Am scared to step out of that box, don't. Be afraid to confide in someone.