• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone's heard of this man Dr Henry Wright. A number of our congregants have been to his "camp" in Georgia, including our pastor, and they have come back with "glowing reports"...but I have my doubts. Perhaps it's just my natural Thomas nature, but this is the third time the leadership of our church has tried to bring in a "deliverance" ministry, and it kinda bothers me. I mean, it could be just the thing I need, but I don't want to get swept away in some stupid thing that just doesn't help.

I'd like to hear anything anyone's heard of this guy.

a.

Any idea where this guy's based? any other info on him that might help in a search, like a website for his ministry, etc.? I can do some searches later, but have to go to work right now . . . :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Any idea where this guy's based? any other info on him that might help in a search, like a website for his ministry, etc.? I can do some searches later, but have to go to work right now . . . :)

I know he's in Georgia..Thomaston, I think...like I said everyone in my congregation, even my pastor, has been there. I just wonder about it...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Be careful with him. He sounds David Koresh-y. The Holy Ghost is telling you to beware him. If anyone tells you you can be rid of devils harrassing you, it is a lie. It may be unintentional, but it is a lie. I fear the Lord. I am approved of him. I can tell you with absolute certainty that them that fear the Lord will have demonic attacks, especially the closer you grow to God and the longer you walk with him.

Be careful with him. He sounds David Koresh-y. The Holy Ghost is telling you to beware him. If anyone tells you you can be rid of devils harrassing you, it is a lie. It may be unintentional, but it is a lie. I fear the Lord. I am approved of him. I can tell you with absolute certainty that them that fear the Lord will have demonic attacks, especially the closer you grow to God and the longer you walk with him.

Let's not hijack the thread. If you're going to post things like this, how about sources, scripture, and starting another thread.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Let's not hijack the thread. If you're going to post things like this, how about sources, scripture, and starting another thread.

I have been to Thomaston and took For Your Life. I like Henry Wright but there are a lot of issues with him, Number one the allegation he raised Pastor Caspar Mccloud from the dead during a service which he personally knows( because I personally gave him the data) is problematic because Caspar Mccloud's real name or birth name is Michael Roth and he an alleged Jewish con man from Cleveland Ohio not an international rock star, great artistic talent of the quality of one of the old masters etc. It appears Henry will not back off of the claim, much less investigate it, because Caspar's resurrection is drawing students to his programs like flies to an outhouse. I heard a lot about Henry and his miracles when I have been at Pleasant Valley but little about thanks to God for what he has done. Henry is hard for me to digest because I believe people are healed but there are such gapes in his teachings and it so focused on him personally plus he has some good to the core Christian believers that surround him who just cannot see it.

• 1 month later...

Don't know Henry directly, just what I've heard from Caspar McCloud, which is all positive. As for the post referring to Caspar's background above, that likely came from an "article" (http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/a-british-rock-star-turned-celebrity-preacher-is-really-just-a-schmuck-from-cleveland-heights/Content?oid=1505142) that describes Caspar's painful background (which he doesn't like to talk about) and is highly distorted.

Edited by tmc

Don't know Henry directly, just what I've heard from Caspar, which is all positive. As for the post referring to Caspar's background, that likely came from an "article" (http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/a-british-rock-star-turned-celebrity-preacher-is-really-just-a-schmuck-from-cleveland-heights/Content?oid=1505142) that describes Caspar's painful background (which he doesn't like to talk about) and is highly distorted.