• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

NT:5480

charagma (khar'-ag-mah); from the same as NT:5482; a scratch or etching, i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or scupltured figure (statue):

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

charagma (khar'-ag-mah); from the same as NT:5482; a scratch or etching, i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or scupltured figure (statue):

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright

Look up Romans 16:17; Philippians 3:17 and you will find it refers to G4648. Philippians 3:14 refers to G4649, (an observer, a watchman; the distant mark looked at, the goal or end one has in view). Look up Revelation 13:17; 14:9; 14:11; 15:2; 16:2; 19:20; 20:4 and you will find they all refer to G5480.

Revelation 13

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

14:9

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

14:11

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

15:2

2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

16:2

2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

19:20

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

20:4

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

None of these indicate a "physical mark". It's just assumed that a physical mark is present because the hands and forehead are mentioned.

What's directly behind the forehead? The Frontal Lobe. Do a search on the function of the frontal lobe.

The hands. What do they symbolize? Works.

The Book of Revelation is filled with symbolism and I believe the mark of the beast is one of those symbols.

But than again, that's just me. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Romans 16

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Philippians 3

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Philippians 3

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

The "mark" you are referring to is G4648 (1. to look at, observe, contemplate; 2. to mark; 3. to fix one's eyes upon, direct one's attention to, any one 4. to look to, take heed to thyself), where the mark of the beast is G5480 (1. a stamp, an imprinted mark; 2. thing carved, sculpture, graven work).

Where in Revelation is the distinction made between G4648 and G5480?

Look up Romans 16:17; Philippians 3:17 and you will find it refers to G4648. Philippians 3:14 refers to G4649, (an observer, a watchman; the distant mark looked at, the goal or end one has in view). Look up Revelation 13:17; 14:9; 14:11; 15:2; 16:2; 19:20; 20:4 and you will find they all refer to G5480.

It appears to me that we not only have to worry about some mysterious mark, but we see it written, "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, OR the name of the beast, OR the number of his name." (Rev 13:17) And as we cannot come into accord as to who or what "the beast" is how can we determine anything?

But, this thread was to get us to consider if the understanding of prophecy is important to us or not, and if so why?

Edited by sdktlk

Revelation 13

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

None of these indicate a "physical mark". It's just assumed that a physical mark is present because the hands and forehead are mentioned.

What's directly behind the forehead? The Frontal Lobe. Do a search on the function of the frontal lobe.

The Book of Revelation is filled with symbolism and I believe the mark of the beast is one of those symbols.

Look up the meaning of the word being used and gain understanding.

How do you portray these people knowing who belongs to the beast and who does not? Will they all be mind readers or know what everyone had done? Your idea does not hold water ... too many holes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation 13

How do you portray these people knowing who belongs to the beast and who does not? Will they all be mind readers or know what everyone had done? Your idea does not hold water ... too many holes.

It appears to me that we not only have to worry about some mysterious mark, but we see it written, "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, OR the name of the beast, OR the number of his name." (Rev 13:17) And as we cannot come into accord as to who or what "the beast" is how can we determine anything?

But, this thread was to get us to consider if the understanding of prophecy is important to us or not, and if so why?

Speaking of holes, Onelight, "And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind." (Rev 16:13) We know that this cannot be literal. Yet it seems we do not know who or what these "stars" are?

Edited by sdktlk

You're looking at this from the standpoint of the physical instead of the spiritual.

Everything about the beast will be a lie and the true child of God will have nothing to do with that lie. They will stick out like a sore thumb amongst the children of the beast.

The christians who are persecuted today, how are they targeted? Do they have markings or etchings that distinguish them from those who are non-christian? What is it about a christian that makes them different?

;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

You're looking at this from the standpoint of the physical instead of the spiritual.

Everything about the beast will be a lie and the true child of God will have nothing to do with that lie. They will stick out like a sore thumb amongst the children of the beast.

The christians who are persecuted today, how are they targeted? Do they have markings or etchings that distinguish them from those who are non-christian? What is it about a christian that makes them different?

;)

I like your post.