IGNORED

Is once saved always saved?

Guest morejesus

Guest TLCveritas
Even when the prodigal son left, he was still the son.

But he was separated from the Father....wasn't he ?

God bless,

Bob

The story of the prodigal son is an interesting story for those that leave the christian lifestyle. I do recall the father throwing a party for the wild child and the older brother got upset. The father replyed...

Luke 15: 31 "And he said unto him, Son, (meaning "child") thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. (32) It was meet that we should make marry, and be glad; for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found."

Remember who Jesus is speaking to here also, the Pharisees... with all their dignity and self-righteousness, were actually behaving like spoiled children, like the elder son who had everything yet begrudged his sibling a party when he returned.

If one is really concerned with ETERNAL security one needs to do a word study on

1) eternal

2) security

3) assurance

Starting with John 3:16 "... shall have eternal life".

There are no exceptions there.

1John 5:13 "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life and that ye may beleive on the name of the Son of God."

John 10:27-29 "... And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand"

It says no one can "pluck" us from HIM, how can we then pluck ourselves?

Christs death on the cross was a permanant transaction for your sin... and because it was a permanent transation so are the results of forgiveness and eternal life.

Jesus is talking in John 6:40 and says, "And this is the will of him that send me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

and Ephesians 2:8-9 says that we are "...saved by GRACE through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; (9) not works, lest any man should boast.

"God came up with the plan, God carried out the plan through Christ. We didn't take part in it; we didn't deserve any part of it. It's grace from start to finish. " --Charles Stanley

"Eternal life is not a gift from God, eternal life is the gift of God" -Oswald Chambers

There are many other verses that deal with Eternal Security... do a word study and discover for yourself.

One last note of caution: Get your eyes off of the people around you who only have a head knowledge of Jesus and have not make Jesus LORD. Remember that demons know who Jesus is and tremble. Knowing who Jesus is and worshiping Jesus are two different things. If someone has made Jesus LORD, they are going to START by WALKING in the Spirit on a daily basis.. (see Galatians chapter 5) yes, we will sin and yes stumble. However, one never learns to walk without falling. When you do sin, repent...

One thing I have found that helps keep me on the right path is to have someon pray with me and help hold me accountable. AND Keep your eyes upon JESUS as the song goes... Humans will disapoint every time.

Edited by TLCveritas

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
When Christ died on that cross, He paid the price of all our sins, past, present and future.

Where does the Bible say that? :blink: Does that mean I never have to repent and I can just sin all I want, since Jesus has already paid the price?

great question! :t2: can you believe we actually agree on something? :)

QUOTE (LCPGUY @ Sep 7 2004, 05:35 PM)

When Christ died on that cross, He paid the price of all our sins, past, present and future.

Where does the Bible say that? Does that mean I never have to repent and I can just sin all I want, since Jesus has already paid the price?

I will add a bit of clarification to what John posted about past present and future sins.

There two things in operation here. The blood, and the cross. The work of the cross payed for SIN. SIN or the "Sin Priniciple," concerns the condition of our heart prior to being born again.

The blood of Jesus cleanses from the guilt of our SINS.

The blood brings forgiveness for what we do. The cross delivers us from what we are.

All of SIN was payed for. The blood of Jesus is for our conscience. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from the guilt of sin. That is why we confess sin. When we confess our sins, the blood of Jesus cleanses our concience from all unrighteousness.

The sin "problem" was dealt with ONCE for all. It cannot be dealt with again. Please see my post (a page or so back on Hebrews 6:4-6.)

Guest TLCveritas

Where does the Bible say that? :blink: Does that mean I never have to repent and I can just sin all I want, since Jesus has already paid the price?

great question! :) can you believe we actually agree on something? :o

QUOTE (LCPGUY @ Sep 7 2004, 05:35 PM)

Where does the Bible say that? Does that mean I never have to repent and I can just sin all I want, since Jesus has already paid the price?

I will add a bit of clarification to what John posted about past present and future sins.

There two things in operation here. The blood, and the cross. The work of the cross payed for SIN. SIN or the "Sin Priniciple," concerns the condition of our heart prior to being born again.

The blood of Jesus cleanses from the guilt of our SINS.

The blood brings forgiveness for what we do. The cross delivers us from what we are.

All of SIN was payed for. The blood of Jesus is for our conscience. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from the guilt of sin. That is why we confess sin. When we confess our sins, the blood of Jesus cleanses our concience from all unrighteousness.

The sin "problem" was dealt with ONCE for all. It cannot be dealt with again. Please see my post (a page or so back on Hebrews 6:4-6.)

QUOTE=ServingHim,Sep 7 2004, 07:20 PM]

Where does the Bible say that? :t2: Does that mean I never have to repent and I can just sin all I want, since Jesus has already paid the price?

If you continue to sin, then you havn't repented. :P

Guest marriedtomymaker

Nothing can SEPARATE us from our Father :il: :il: :il:

My whole testimony is based upon OSAS!! :suspect: Therefore I will defend it. It was only through the knowledge of God's unconditional love that I was able to feel truly loved and could respond in love. I don't want to sin but if I do I confess and know that I am fogiven. I will always have to confess on this side of eternity. But, if I had to question whether or not I could actually fall from grace every day it would be terrifying to me. No--we are secure in Christ Jesus. We need to keep repenting and turning to the Lord daily but that is not WHY we are saved. Is it??? Then it is us earning our salvation. Everything that we have been given in light of salvation is a GIFT. I do not believe that it has anything to do with what I do or don't do. Then it would not be a gift. I found this on another web site but I thought that it brought up some good points.

(I have a disease that could effect my ability to think and remember....Do I have to worry that I could fall from grace because I forget to pray daily and ask for forgiveness?or if I am not thinking clearly and sin I don not believe so. I am saved and nothing nor anyone can change that. ) :blink::t2::) Now for what I found on the internet. It is not that long but I think that it makes some good points.

=====================================================

"Just as nothing can "negate" your physical birth, nothing can "negate" your spiritual birth.

My children will always be my children. We may have troubled times. Our fellowship may be broken, but our relationship can never be broken. They will always be my children. Nothing or nobody can change that! And once you are born again spiritually

Jesus is talking in John 6:40 and says, "And this is the will of him that send me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

key words. He who believeth on Him.

if one fails to continue to believe, then what?

littlelady....

i'm not pushing, i just really want to know. do you feel any resentment when people tell you that there is no second chance? do you occasionally, deep in the hidden parts of your heart, wish you could trust in God? do you really want nothing to do with Him at all?

nobody can judge your heart chazy. only God knows what you don't even acknowledge to yourself. i can't tell you God has turned you over to your reprobate mind, nor can i tell you you're only backslidden with a chance to be redeemed, because that is not for me to know, or to judge.

but i have a hard time believeing that you'd be hanging around with us here at worthyboards if God wasn't working on you.... and God doesn't work on anyone who's been turned over to a reprobate mind.

If you continue to sin, then you havn't repented. 

that's just plain silly. we sin daily, does that mean we've never repented? many of us make the same mistakes over and over, does that mean we've never repented?

we have to continue to repent when we mess up.

Nothing can SEPARATE us from our Father :il: :il: :il:

I don't have time right now to go over every verse you have posted, I will have to do that later. However, I did want to point out that you have this verse taken out of context. It actually says...

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Romans 8:35

God loves everyone, even the sinner. Sin can seperate us from our Father, but nothing will ever seperate us from His love. See the difference? :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Hi,

Listen to what the Father said about his son:

Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The father said while his son was backsliden, rebelling and in the World that his Son was Dead and Lost. Notice he says his son is a live again as if his son was spiritual live before before his departure from the Kingdom?

Who decision was it for him to return?

Luk 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

Did the father receive him back? Yes with with much love and Joy. I am sure the father was in agony as his son was away in sin.

God bless,

marriedtomymaker gave some good scriptures. I would also add John 17 to that list.

And don