• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

It was a beautiful day today!!!!!!! :blink:

It was a beautiful day today!!!!!!! :t2:

Yes, it was! You trying to lighten the mood? HA! This OSAS thread is going really well compared to some in the past! :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

How is such a basic and simple message from our Bible so confused by human interpretation?

It's that fact that Jesus, sent by God, became the Sacrificial Lamb to pay the sin debt that God requires for sin, that sealed the deal. If some can't get that from their Bible, you are probably reading it upside down or need another version.

Are we so vain that we think that we might alter that work on the Cross for our behalf?

Are we to question God's Word?

God is not John Kerry. He doesn't flip-flop on the issue of those that cry out for His redemption. He doesn't dangle it over our heads or pull it out of our hands when we are bad little children.

If you are Saved, then you are Saved. Now, go out and act like it. Ignore the human tendency to question everything and do His Work on earth.

You have already won the battle for your soul. Satan has lost.

Go spread the Word!

t.

God is not John Kerry. He doesn't flip-flop on the issue of those that cry out for His redemption. He doesn't dangle it over our heads or pull it out of our hands when we are bad little children.

uhhh, ted, nobody here has even implied that.

Guest marriedtomymaker

THANKS TED...

I AGREE 100% :blink::t2:

I AM VERY DISTURBED THAT THERE ARE SO MANY CHRISTIANS THAT THINK DIFFERENTLY.... :):o

MARRIED :il:

well, i for one am very disturbed that so many here insist on twisting what we said into something else.... because not one person here has implied that God dangles our salvation like a carrot and takes it away if we're not good little boys and girls.

we simply believe what the Bible says. we've posted the scriptures, or a portion of them, although there are hundreds more that say essentially the same thing. we have a choice... to serve or not to serve, to accept salvation or reject it. and we don't lose our free will after being saved. it disturbs me as much that so many totally ignore those scriptures because it doesn't line up with what you want to hear.

ted's right about God not being john kerry also. God doesn't flip flop. when it appears there is a a contradiction in scripture, it is because the context is not being understood. and in light of scriptures that say those who reject him will be cut off from the vine and thrown into the furnace, and in light of scriptures that say it is better for them who never believed than for those who believed and then turned away, and in light of the other scriptures we've posted and many that we haven't, the theory of OSAS does not line up.

so which side contradicts? well, the OSAS side defends their doctrine by simply ignoring what makes them uncomfortable. the rest of us are not discomforted by the scriptures you post because we don't ignore them, nor do we deny them. the scriptures ya'll post are 100% true and accurate, just as the ones we post. it's all a matter of recognizing who each scripture is addressing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Morejesus, I don't believe that anyone can "lose" their Salvation. I think it is an insult to the almighty sovereign God to suggest that one could. He created, He had a perfect plan, He is infallible, as is His plan, and His plan can not fail, as God can not be a failure. Nor can Christ, who was the ultimate sacrifice to bring about that plan. To say that God made this perfect plan, but that it was imperfect and can't keep you is, I believe, nonsensical and an insult to God, as is saying that Christ went through that agony and hung on that cross, yet you can "undo" all of His sacrifice and it didn't work. IMO, we must reject anything that says God's plan could fail.

I believe that if someone were "once a Christian", but has turned their back, then they never were never a Christian to begin with. They were just saying the right words and deceiving themselves. There are plenty of Scriptures about a person in that situation. Once the Holy Spirit has called you, that calling can not fail. There are Scriptures that are clear that God "called" and/or "chose" you. To say that you, as a mere creation of the Holy Creator could "undo" that is contrary to the nature of God. He is perfect. He does not fail. The Creator is not limited by the creation.

Having said why I believe what I do, I will also say that there are many solid Christians who believe otherwise. I don't understand it, but I respect their right to believe it. As you can see here, there are "good" Christians (for lack of a better term) who believe you can lose your salvation. On these posts, I just state my opinion and what I think Scripture says and move one. I won't change anyone's mind and no one will change mine. Only the Holy Spirit can do that.

If you still are looking for Scriptures, here are some. Sorry if they are a repeat. I came to this thread late.

Romans 8: 29-39 and 11:29 (Esp verse 29 - "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable". )

John 10: 27-29 ("no one" means exactly that - "no one" Not even yourself.

Philippians 1: 6

:blink::t2::):o