• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

oh ok... didn't see the answer haha Don't get mad at me bob lol im not mad at anyone  :wub:

I'm not mad ( it's hard to make Bob mad :rofl: ).....just a lot of folks are not listening one bit. Keep asking the same questions over & over ( even though they've been answered ) and they keep saying that some claim works are involved ? I've yet to see anyone say works are involved.... Dunno where they get that from :blink:

Anyway, no I'm not mad nor did I intend to sound mad....sorry if it came across that way....

God bless,

Bob

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Come on Super Jew....that really wasn't necessary....nor was it fair. Let's play nice ok ? I'm not responding to anything posted anymore as to remain objective when this thread needs to be locked, and it seems to be heading in that direction.

I'm not sure where all the hostility is coming from in this thread ( other than perhaps my little corrective outburst yesterday, which needed to be said as that too was not warranted ) and to be honest, I don't want to know....let's just refrain from personal attacks....fair enough ?

Yet those of us who believe in Eternal Security can be called ignorant, weak, liars from hell, etc.? Do you not see the double standard that is allowed in this thread?

In all of the scriptures offered on our side, interpertation has been offered, context has been given, logic has been made, the original language has been posted. In responce we've been called believers in lies, decieved, and weak...Bob, please, be consistant.

Also, it's frustrating to offer interpretation for scripture and only to be ignored. It's even more frustrating for someone to make an arguement, and then tell us not to respond. That's not fair at all. I'm sorry Bob, I know you're a moderator, and have authority, and I respect you, but I just do not think you are being unbiased in this at all.

This applies to Satan's greatest lie, once saved always saved.

Do you have any scripture or counter interpretation to back this up?

He fools people into believing this lie and people use this as an excuse to live without the fear of God in their lives. Why fear God and His judgment if you never have to worry about being judged for your unrighteousness? That's what people who fall for this OSAS garbage should be asking themselves. Think about it this way, if I'm right then I'll go to heaven and if I'm wrong all I'll have done is live a dedicated life to my Saviour. If you people are wrong then you'll spend an eternity in hell with your lord and master.

Okay, first off, Bob, where are you on this one? You jump on me for calling someone a coward because they make an arguement and tell no one to respond, but are silent when those of us who believe in eternal security are accused of having Satan as lord and master? Again, double standard.

Now to what was said. What you have said, TASFJ, is a gross misunderstanding of those who believe in Eternal Security and those who believe in abusive grace. We do believe there will be a judgment for those who belong to God. Our actions will be reviewed by Him and as Christians we will be judged before Him. Also, for those of us who believe in Eternal Security, we know that a true child of God will want to please their Lord and Savoir. A child knows that no matter what, they will always belong to their parents and have the love of their parents. Yet a child that knows that, that knows his parents will love him no matter what will obey those parents. Not once have I seen the opposite. So please, if you're going to make such heretical accusations, at least use scripture to back it up.

I'll stick with what God told us in Hebrews 10:26 - For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. Don't try to change the meaning of this verse to fit your sinful way of life. That's what OSAS is, a crutch for weak people who can't take a stand for the person who gave His life for them.

I use Greek, you use English, which translation do you trust?

For those of you who continue to believe this lie, then I've only got one more thing to tell you.....whatever you do, don't take the mark.

Oh my good gosh. It's funny and saddening when people take end times theology and attempt to incorporate it in their every day life. As if we'll even be here during the tribulation or that it will come in our life time.

I'm sorry but this doesn't sound like love to me. Love doesn't call someone a coward or tell someone that they don't have integrity. Jesus wouldn't do that.

Well, He did. That's beside the point. The point made is that it's rude to tell someone not to respond to your post...it's rude to expect to leave and have the last word at the same time. Oh, and you later go on to say this about TASFJ:

Do I know you from somewhere? 

Welcome to worthy! Hope you share your wisdom more often! 

He called us (those who believe in Eternal security) followers of Satan and you called it wise...yeah, real loving there.

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air; 27 but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. 1 Cor 9:24-27

I think Shiloh's responce was beautiful on this scripture, it sums it up very well.

I'm not mad ( it's hard to make Bob mad  ).....just a lot of folks are not listening one bit. Keep asking the same questions over & over ( even though they've been answered ) and they keep saying that some claim works are involved ? I've yet to see anyone say works are involved.... Dunno where they get that from

Because it's the inevitable belief of someone who thinks they can lose their salvation. What is willful sinning? How is it different from regular sinning? How is sinning and denouncing Jesus Christ two different things?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I'm going to say this out of love, even though it will sound harsh. It's absolutely cowardice and shows a lack of integrity to post something or say something and then immediately leave the debate and get onto people who respond to you.

I'm sorry but this doesn't sound like love to me. Love doesn't call someone a coward or tell someone that they don't have integrity. Jesus wouldn't do that.

I don't want to hijack this thread getting into the right and wrong way to correct someone. I just find it really funny that several in here will make rude comments, questions ppl's faith, call them "weak", call them "closed-minded", "refusing truth" etc...and mask it all behind a cute little smilie :blink: <- like this, or disguise it with a compliment at the end. But when someone firmly corrects someone, without the "frills", it supposedly "lacks love". Read Matthew 23 and see how Jesus corrects the Pharisees. He tells them their blind, hypocrites, blind fools and a brood of vipers. Do you think Jesus' correction lacked love?

I have to say that I agree with Super Jew's comments, regardless of his delivery. The discussion doesn't benefit anyone when ppl post random comments then abandon the thread in a huff when it is challenged.

I'd really like to continue this discussion, but it's not really a discussion anymore. It's more like a bulletin board...everyone posts what they want without regard for what someone else has presented. There is a clear avoidance of understanding. I think if there was a true spirit of learning, we would spend more time on individual verses and really go deeper, rather than hopping all over the place just posting random quotes and scriptures.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I just want to make an observation here.

First of all..Bob and Botz need to stop hijacking threads :wub::rofl:

Seriously. I have yet to see a post by anyone (including myself) that shows that we are "seeking the truth". Clearly we are all taking a stand on what we believe and are going back and forth back and forth arguing and debating our points of view. Someone here is likely wrong though it won't be me, Bob, Called, Super Jew, Tess or anyone else to say who is right and who is wrong. We will all find out on judgement day when God makes the verdict. Can we ever stop and just focus on what is important? Remember Jesus?

We do this by keeping out eyes on Jesus, on whom out faith depends from start to finish.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I just want to make an observation here. 

First of all..Bob and Botz need to stop hijacking threads  :wub:  :rofl:

Seriously.  I have yet to see a post by anyone (including myself) that shows that we are "seeking the truth".  Clearly we are all taking a stand on what we believe and are going back and forth back and forth arguing and debating our points of view.  Someone here is likely wrong though it won't be me, Bob, Called, Super Jew, Tess or anyone else to say who is right and who is wrong.  We will all find out on judgement day when God makes the verdict.  Can we ever stop and just focus on what is important?  Remember Jesus? 

We do this by keeping out eyes on Jesus, on whom out faith depends from start to finish.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

And please, those who keep saying you're backing out....why do you say that and then return over and over? I don't understand this....

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Ok, I can be fair. Move on then folks....topic closed :blink: