IGNORED

Is once saved always saved?

Guest morejesus

welcome to WB calvary!

can you please explain to us how you reconcile those scriptures with the scriptures posted previously that indicate the exact opposite?

also i notice in the scripture you quote... To Him who is able to keep you from falling. God is ABLE to do anything. but this scripture does not say "To Him who will forcefully prevent you from falling".

anyway, i don't believe a person who rejects the gift of salvation after the fact "falls". jumps, maybe, but doesn't fall. the word fall indicates an accident, something unintentional. in that sense, no, you can't lose your salvation.

but the term "lose" is also deceptive. losing something also indicates an accident... something unintentional. those who turn their back on God don't do it by accident, anymore than they "fall". they actively CHOOSE to throw the gift away.

are we sealed from the day we accept Christ? or are we sealed as believers upon death?

one more thing. scripture never promises eternal salvation. scripture promises eternal life. whether one rejects Christ with or without having ever accepted Him does not have any bearing on eternity... it only has a bearing on where one will spend it.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death." Rev 21:8

How does what you say reconcile with this verse?

Perhaps it applies to those who have not accepted Christ as Saviour. Also I don't want to sound cheeky or anything :t2: but your avatar is not right. The Cross is empty now. Jesus has risen. Hallelujah!!!!

Yours in Him

Mark :t2:

By the way, great post TLCveritas. :t2:

Edited by markh

Perhaps it applies to those who have not accepted Christ as Saviour.

so then one who has accepted Christ Jesus as their personal Lord & Savior are free to lie when need be, OR perhaps even 'fornicate'...have an affair...for since they're SAVED, they can do what they want? :t2:

Also I don't want to sound cheeky or anything :t2: but your avatar is not right. The Cross is empty now. Jesus has risen. Hallelujah!!!!

For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Cor 2:2 :t2:

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Gal 2:20 :il:

didn't i just acknowledge that scripture says if we reject Him after knowing Him, there is no second chance? that's why i fear for my daughter. it does NOT say that if we backslide there is no second chance... the no second chance is reserved for those who actively choose to turn their back on Him.

i don't understand your comment "if scripture truly says".... have you not read the scriptures posted? do you believe that we made them up? do you believe that although they are in the Bible, the Bible doesn't really say that?

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

2 Peter 2:20-22

20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.

21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.

22 Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

If you believe in OSAS, can you explain this to me please :t2:

God bless,

Bob

No of course not.

1 Peter 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

The key word here is once. I we lose our Salvation and gain it again we are subjecting Jesus to another Crucifixtion. Also Hebrews 6:6 has abearing on this as well.

Hey everyone isn't this exciting. :t2:

Mark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death." Rev 21:8

How does what you say reconcile with this verse?

Those people were never saved in the first place. They never confessed that Jesus was Lord. They said he was but it was not a confession, but a lie.

That's how :t2:

Ive had it used on me for nearly 50 years, and no logic can refute it....

Sam