IGNORED

Is once saved always saved?

Guest morejesus

calvary, LOL, i AM calm! you haven't been here long enough to see me riled up. :t2:

i am beginning to wonder though if you have actually carefully read other posts in this thread rather than just skimming them. i already pointed out the prodigal son story. backsliding is not the same as rejecting His gift of salvation.

at what point, you ask, does one cross the line between backslidden and lost? let me try and explain it again. scripture distinguishes between the two. backslidden christians are still being wooed by God. He has not turned them over to their reprobate mind. a person who conciously chooses to throw away their salvation is no longer wooed by God. it is a conscious choice, not an accident... those who make that choice have no second chance, as scripture clearly indicates. those who are backslidden and have not actively, consciously rejected Him will be spewed out like vomit if they do not repent. they still have a second chance!

i do fear for my daughter. i hope her words to me regarding wanting nothing more to do with God did not reflect the true state of her heart. if they did, there is no second chance for her. if they were just words of false bravado, then she can still be redeemed.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

If it truly says that believers can lose their salvation, then it is also saying that

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Oh yes, I most certainly agree that sin seperates us from our Father. No question. Sin hinders our fellowship. But how does a son stop being his father's son? Even sin can't change his DNA.

So I can sin as I please then ? No sarcasm intended, but in essence, that's what you're saying....

God bless,

Bob

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

If you believe in OSAS, can you explain this to me please

It can't be explained away, without twisting the meaning. And I know many people who have tried. :t2:

In other words - Yes, I agree with you, Bob. Now how 'bout that!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

Oh yes, I most certainly agree that sin seperates us from our Father. No question. Sin hinders our fellowship. But how does a son stop being his father's son? Even sin can't change his DNA.

So I can sin as I please then ? No sarcasm intended, but in essence, that's what you're saying....

God bless,

Bob

If you love your Father you won't. You will desire to be with Him, long for Him, recognize your hopelessness without Him and return to Him. It's in your blood....or more importantly..it's in His. :t2:

In other words - Yes, I agree with you, Bob. Now how 'bout that!

:oww: Say it isn't so Steve! :t2::t2:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

God bless,

Bob

Gal 5 says no!

If you love your Father you won't. You will desire to be with Him, long for Him, recognize your hopelessness without Him and return to Him. It's in your blood....or more importantly..it's in His. :t2:

True, but it does happen....it happened to me :t2: If I had died a few years ago, I'd be in hell right now....and I'd be in hell because I believed in OSAS at the time ( and I was saved prior to my sinful lifestyle I chose to partake in ). Not to be to direct here ? But the Bible is meant to scare the hell out of us...literally. Sometimes we need to hear the brutal truth to get us to come around and - here's the key word - REPENT....

God bless,

Bbo

If salvation isn't secure, then what was His sacrifice for?

Hey Tess! We meet again! HA! :t2::t2:

His sacrifice was for those who choose to accept it and follow Him in obedience. It is for those mentioned in this passage...

Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. Hebrews 10:35-36

His sacrifice is for those who don't throw it away, it is for those who endure to the end!

If salvation isn't secure, then what was His sacrifice for?

our salvation is secure tess, as long as we want to keep it. remember, nowhere in scripture does God promise "eternal salvation". He promises eternal life.

there is far less security in the OSAS doctrine, IMO. if an OSASer struggles continually with a particular sin, stumbling through life, they always wonder if they were saved the last time they repented, or the time before that, or if they will really be saved this time! that's not security!

we can't be snatched from God's hand. we can, however, make the choice to jump.