Botanist

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i was raised at a baptist church. i cant speak for the baptist demonation but the one i went to actualy hinderd me from knowing jesus as rules and regulation were like 80% of what was preached and the rest was damnation if you dont get your act togather

as of now i attend a.o.g. church but i dont agree with everything that goes on at times and on a few occasions i had to humbly say hey scripture says this but your saying that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,071
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What Denomination do you belong to?

Were you born into it or did you research and compair the differances then select the one which best suited you?

My main fellowship is a New Testement, Non Denominational congergation which is Pastered by a guy who graduated Vala Victorian in his class i'm proud to say.

I also attend a Sevent Day Adventist Church 'cause i call the sabbath a dellight. I'd join the SDA if not for the extra-biblical writtings of Ellen G. White. I like that they are so concerned about good health and wholeness of being. They're also the last of the Protestant denominations who remember who the Scarlet Woman is.

I also like this Messianic Jewish congeration cause nobody can expound the old and the new like a former Rabbi whos seen the light.

Till 12 American Sunday School Union, Baptist, Non-Denominational Bible, Independent Baptist present.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I belong to Jesus and His church, sorry it doesnt have a name. Jesus is teh head, the Holy Spirit our teacher.

In His Love

Amen! "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Gal 5:1) For, "A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." (Gal 5:9)

I belong to Jesus and His church, sorry it doesnt have a name. Jesus is teh head, the Holy Spirit our teacher.

In His Love

Amen! "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Gal 5:1) For, "A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." (Gal 5:9)

Why would it be bondage to join with fellow Christians all over the world to combine our resources to do the work of the Lord?

One just needs to search out what is in a name, and what significance a NAME has before the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

sdktlk -

How do you have face-to-face fellowship with other believers?

Or do you not believe that is important?

9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. 10 For if they fall , the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth ; for he hath not another to help him up . 11 Again, if two lie together , then they have heat : but how can one be warm alone? 12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken . (Ecc. 4)

Are you a body part (1 Corinthians 12:13-14) separated from the body?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello Everyone,

I too am one who does not belong to any particular denomination and never will. That does not mean that I never have fellowship with other believers and it also does not mean that I never pass through the doors of a church of a particular denomination. However, I could never sign the dotted line of a denominational church membership. While denominational church doctrines do not change frequently, when they do it's almost always for the worse and in some cases, they are changed for blasphemous reasons. God's Word never changes and neither should our core beliefs whether from an individual standpoint or collectively from church doctrine.

So to answer the original question and to be completely honest, fellowship with other believers is a rarity for me......not something to be proud of.

Regards,

Jay

Edited by TXDisciple

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I think the first thing to understand is that your denomination is not a church. Jesus only built one church. In Matthew 16:18 Jesus says "I will build my church." "My" only impies one. Eph 1:22-23 says that Jesus is the head of the body which is the church. Eph 4:4 says there is one body. If the body is the church then there is only one church. A denomination rather is an "association" of the church. It is where people with common beliefs come together and associate with one another.

My problem with denominations is that they are the opposite of what Jesus taught. He taught all of us to be in unity and to be one(John 17:21). Different denominations are not in unity with their many different doctrinal practices. Denominations divide up the church. Jesus also never founded any denomination. You don't have to be in any denomination to be saved. Everything Jesus taught pertained to salvation. Paul says in Romans 8:29 that we are to conform to Christ. If Christ never used a denomination in His ministry how can being in one help us be like Him?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hello Everyone,

I too am one who does not belong to any particular denomination and never will. That does not mean that I never have fellowship with other believers and it also does not mean that I never pass through the doors of a church of a particular denomination. However, I could never sign the dotted line of a denominational church membership. While denominational church doctrines do not change frequently, when they do it's almost always for the worse and in some cases, they are changed for blasphemous reasons. God's Word never changes and neither should our core beliefs whether from an individual standpoint or collectively from church doctrine.

So to answer the original question and to be completely honest, fellowship with other believers is a rarity for me......not something to be proud of.Regards,

Jay

Pity about that. If everyone thought the same way we would not be talking on these boards right now. We would be insular, divided, and the kingdom would have stagnated. Ever read Paul's letters to the churches?

Hello Everyone,

So to answer the original question and to be completely honest, fellowship with other believers is a rarity for me......not something to be proud of.Regards,

Jay

Pity about that. If everyone thought the same way we would not be talking on these boards right now. We would be insular, divided, and the kingdom would have stagnated. Ever read Paul's letters to the churches?

Wonder how they managed for the first, oh say 250 years of the Church without all the man made names? It was just the assembly at this place or that, but amazingly it seems those who were born again did manage to fellowship. These businesses that have come into existence in the last 600 years did not come forth from the Mind of God, but, from the mind of man.

It would serve us well if we had a Scriptural understanding of what is in a name. In Revelation 13:17 we see, "... the number of his name..." referring to the "mark of the beast." And, we read in Revelation 14:1 "...having His Father's name written in their foreheads..." From what I can grasp from these two references a "name" can be of great importance.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wonder how they managed for the first, oh say 250 years of the Church without all the man made names?

"The Church" always did have a name. First it was "Followers of the Way," then it was "Christians," somewhere along the way it became "the Church," etc.

It was just the assembly at this place or that, but amazingly it seems those who were born again did manage to fellowship. These businesses that have come into existence in the last 600 years did not come forth from the Mind of God, but, from the mind of man.

The Church as as a business began long before that. You can even see it forming into a business around the end of the 1st century.