IGNORED

When Israel Became a nation again...

Guest anubis177

Guest shiloh357

That is part of it. You are on the right track.

There is a three fold process here.

The return of the Jews to the Land of Israel

The restoration of the Land

The restoration of the Kingdom to Israel

The first two are still in process. Currently there are more Jews outside of the Land than inside it, but God is not finished yet. We have also seen the Land change dramatically since the Jews got back. It is, literally as Scritpture promised, becoming like the Garden of Eden.

The third will occur when the Messiah returns to establish His Kingdom in Eretz Yisrael.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/13/1982

Hey I changed my name form anubis177 to J.C.

This is awsome! that a prophecy from about roughly 2500 years ago is taking place in our life time.

I was just looking at the Judgement of Tyre. All I haft to say is WOW! You are talking about a prophecy coming to pass. Look at the detail in the events, then look in secular history and see how close they are. They are virualy the exact same thing.

In Christ Love,

J.C.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Hey Shiloh! But they dont have all the land yet that was promised to them by God.

Gen 15:18, but they will Praise His Name!

Ezekiels vision of the Restoration of the land is in Ezekiel 47:13-23.

This is to include parts of what we now know as Syria, Jordon,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings J.C.

As you will see, I differ a bit from what Shiloh357 said.

Yes, the 1948 regathering of Israel to the land of Israel was foretold by Jesus in Mt. 24 when He referred to the "fig tree sprouting new leaves". But notice that there is NO MENTION of fruit. Fruit is the result of the "righteousness of God" in the lives of believers. I believe the following to be referring to the TRUE Jews:

Deut 4:26-31 I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed. 27 And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you. 28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell. 29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. 30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; 31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Before the return to the land of Israel, Jew AND Gentile BELIEVERS shall be made one, and it is THESE TWO people groups that will receive the promise of the "Land Covenant" given to Abraham.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Here is the point you just proved yourself wrong...

Deut 4:26-31 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. 30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; 31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Just as this verse shows, Israel will call to the TRUE GOD, and they will come back to him as a nation! :)

he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

To whom are our fathers that God made a covenant? Its not Our fathers, its ISRAEL'S fathers to whom God made a covenant with.

Israel will come back to God. The reason why he didn't have them produce fruit is because its not their time to produce fruit, Just like an Orange Tree, it doesn't produce fruit in its first year, But when it is mature. Well Israel is not fully mature enough to produce fruits, But during the time off the Trib Israel will come back and that is the year they will produce fruits! :)

Guest shiloh357
Before the return to the land of Israel, Jew AND Gentile BELIEVERS shall be made one, and it is THESE TWO people groups that will receive the promise of the "Land Covenant" given to Abraham.

Ezekiel 36:23-30

"And I will vindicate the holiness of My great name which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord," declares the Lord God, "when I prove Myself holy among you in their sight. [24] "For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands, and bring you into your own land. [25] "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. [26] "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. [27] "And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. [28] "And you will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God. [29] "Moreover, I will save you from all your uncleanness; and I will call for the grain and multiply it, and I will not bring a famine on you. [30] "And I will multiply the fruit of the tree and the produce of the field, that you may not receive again the disgrace of famine among the nations.

We find Israel returning to the land before recieving the Spirit and before recognizing the Messiah. God says that HE is orchestrating this return to the Land to vindicate His Name. Ezekiel 36:21-22

"But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they went.

[22] "Therefore, say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord God, "It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you went.

The prophecy clearly shows God bringing the people back to the Land without the Spirit, and in a state of rebellion. This matches perfectly with history and with Israel's current religious climate. The majority of Israelis that rebuilty the nation in '48, were atheists and agnostics. Not a whole lot has changed. Most of the Jews in Israel are nonreligious.

The rebirth of Israel and much of what we see in Israel match biblical prophecies concerning God's dealings with them. Earlier in Ezekiel 36 we read, Ezekiel 36:8-13

'But you, O mountains of Israel, you will put forth your branches and bear your fruit for My people Israel; for they will soon come. [9] 'For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be cultivated and sown. [10] 'And I will multiply men on you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities will be inhabited, and the waste places will be rebuilt. [11] 'And I will multiply on you man and beast; and they will increase and be fruitful; and I will cause you to be inhabited as you were formerly and will treat you better than at the first. Thus you will know that I am the Lord. [12] 'Yes, I will cause men-- My people Israel-- to walk on you and possess you, so that you will become their inheritance and never again bereave them of children.' [13]

For over 1800 years, the land of Israel was barren. It produced nothing for the foreigners who lived there after the Diaspora of 70 A.D., and the failed Bar Kochba revolt of 135 A.D. Ever since the Jewish people were expelled from their land, the land was unproductive. When the Jewish people began returning to their Land, they found desersts and Malaria infested swamps. Now in less than 60 years, places where the Jews live, are green and fruitful. If you look at a sattelite map of Israel, you can tell where the Jews live, because it is green. Hence, the political designation known as the "green line" often used in Middle East discussions. In less than 60 years, Israel has gone from near primitive conditions to being one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world. Israel has accomplished in just over 50 years what many other nations have not yet done in many centuries of existence. Moreover, they have done it inspite of international obstacles placed in their path. Israel is the most hated nation on planet earth, and despite every attempt to thwart their success, Israel has always landed on her feet against impossible odds.The fact that Israel begins returning in unbelief is not problematic. It is prophesied.

Zech. 12:1-10

The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. [2] Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

[3] And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. [4] In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. [5] And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the Lord of hosts their God.

[6] In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. [7] The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. [8] In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.

[9] And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. [10] And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Israel is winning every war initiated against them. Israel has successfully repelled every enemy attack. The prophecy in Zechariah 12 pretains to Israel in a position of military strength superior to her enemies. There is NO time post Zechariah that Israel fits that description until now. God has given Israel miraculous victories over their enemies when Israel was outmanned and out gunned with odds approaching 100 to 1 in their enemies' favor. When you study modern Israeli history, there is no way to explain Israel's continued existence as being a product of human engineering. It simply cannot be explained that way.

Notice in verses 8 and 9 of Zech. 12 God Himself is taking credit for Israel's military victories. He is saying that He is defending Israel. He goes so far as to compare it to the days when the angel went before them! This He does for unbelieving Israel. We know this pertains to unbelieving Israel because God pours out his spirit AFTER Israel has won all of these victories in their own land. It is after they begin returning to the Land that they recognize the Messiah. They are clearly in the Land at that time.

Even though there are few Jewish people in the Land than elsewhere in the world at this time, God is not finished yet. The prophecy is still in process. We are still seeing the flesh and the sinews attaching themselves to the bones. The spiritual restoration is still a future fulfillment that will occur in due time.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Great post maybe Dad will get the picture.... hrmmm i wonder...

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

So why don't you read a little further?

Ezekiel 37:11-14 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Notice that they are "made alive" BEFORE returning to their land.

Ezekiel 37:21-24 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. 24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Notice that this is speaking when DAVID (Jesus) restores them to righteousness and THEN returns them to their land where they will live WITHOUT IDOLS or transgressions. This hasn't happened yet. This also follows along well with Romans 9-11.

You talk about "dry bones" yet you fail to read it IN CONTEXT. Please read the above carefully.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie