Dionysiou

You're filled with the Holy Spirit!?

32 posts in this topic

Thank you! Yes, I am back on the board!

would you like a cushion :halo:

Thank you! Yes, I am back on the board!

would you like a cushion :halo:

Sure---something soft and fluffy!

handycloud.jpgDon't let the wind blow it away...

handycloud.jpgDon't let the wind blow it away...

Hahaha! That won't happen if it's me that's sitting on it!

Hi Dionysiou, I don't really think different denominations cause that much division...I have worshiped happily with Baptists, Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Anglicans (high and low), Messianic, et alia.....they just cater for certain emphases that were important at a given time, and have largely grown and built upon that.

True division comes from doctrines that are introduced into a community of Believers, that are unbiblical, unedifying and ultimately destructive. Two examples might be Marian doctines held by Catholic and Orthodox communities, and followers of the teachings about King James Only...predominantly found in small communities of strict Baptists.

I expect there are other comparisons, but even the two examples above do not disqualify the adherents to such doctrines from being my brethren in the L-rd, if they have a saving faith in Jesus.

I beg your pardon, and not trying to get away from the post, but you fired the first shot, I found more "King James only" in the Pentecostal anymore than the Baptists, esp. in the Baptist Bible belt area that I am in. also it was not the King James Bible that caused the division, it was the modern day translations that have brought the division, before the 1950's and the modern day translations there was no division on what Bible that was used.

As for me I am still waiting for the Holy Spirit. Some day maby. 

How do you know that time will come :noidea:

How do you know that time will come.

That’s a good question.  Because of my faith I know some day it will happen.  If it doesn’t I will dye trying.  I believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I was drawn to God like a magnet when I was a young boy and I’m sure he has a plan for me but I don’t know what it is yet.  Maybe he brought me to this forum for guidance or to guide someone I don't know.   But one thing I do know is I will keep trying to be a Christian.  Thanks for your concern. God bless.

I believe that is in this way I am filled http://www.gotquestions.org/Spirit-filled.html

everybody is selling this Holy Hop theology but rather it is in the day in and day out

obedience to God that The Spirit of God fills me with God's Pleasure and the Will of God

becomes my Thy Will be done Lord... Love, Steven

All you have to do is ask.  When I got the Ghost I had three of the deacons lay hands on me, I raised my hands and asked for God to fill me with The Holy Spirit and before I could finish I began speaking another language.  God wants to be one with His people.  He wants to give us His Spirit.  I have heard testimony of people simply asking and they got filled without anyone laying hands on them. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0