• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/07/1990

My christian life seems to dip into trials after trials. As soon as one finishes, I am being prepared to enter into a new one. Well this is happening again. So far my christian walk was to live by Gods word and be reserved and pure before God. And I have done my best with the grace of God aiding me along the way. What is put to the test is how far would I go when it comes to a job or career task. Recently I have been assigned to portray myself as a half dressed woman along with others in a musical number for a play. The actress in me does not associate myself with the character and would be able to adjust to the role, yet my christian side is screaming that this is a bad idea. Part of me says that since its a play people would understand that I am only acting, yet I'm worried that this will dampen my witness as a christan woman. I'm thinking about calling off the role tomorrow, yet its not as easy as just saying "this part doesn't make me feel comfortable". Our rehearsals are run on a tight schedule and began already on the same week as the auditions. And they really wanted me in the dance so they added me anyway before the auditions. I'm just really stressed because I haven't told my parents or barely any of my christian friends about what i have to do because I fear that they will think of me as a dirty person. Pray that Gods will can be set in place in this situation. And please pray for me, I've been severely stressed over school and, of course, over this situation. Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,741
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Praying for you to have the courage to do what I think you know you should do. If someone asks you to do something you are not comfortable doing DONT DO IT

If someone asks you to do something you are ashamed to tell your parents about DONT DO IT

If someone asks you to do something you wouldnt want to do in front of God DONT DO IT

I would much sooner bear the look of hurt on a human face than on our Father God s face,

:emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

So many times in life we want to please man because that is who we see and deal with in work or at home but who should we really be pleasing? Who do you want to be able to look in the eye one day and have Him say well done good and faithful servant? This life is temporal. One day soon Jesus is coming and how would you feel if in that day you were on stage dressed like that ? Your conscience ( the Holy Spirit) is already convicting you telling you what to do - you know what is right. That dress is only for the lust of men, to attract them. Do not degrade your self or your self image just for a part in a play. God will provide a better one if you only will listen to Him as tries to speak to your heart and mind. You know what to do - down deep in your heart.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

You are uncomfortable with the role and uncomfortable saying no. Disappoint others who want to make a musical, or disappoint yourself because you are intentionally doing what you feel wrong about? If you boil a problem down to it's most basic root, the answer becomes apparent. Perhaps there is some way to alter the role slightly so that everyone can be happy. But if not, then I think you know where you stand. Pray and listen as God writes his answer on your heart. :)

Edited by Matt712

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Rain -

I would suggest you talk to anyone you consider a spiritual authority over you.

I know giving up the role is hard. I've been involved in theater in high school (on the sidelines) and in college (minor roles), and I understand the thril and unity of it and what a sacrifice it would be to give up.

But if this gives you some perspective of where the path of separating yourself from your role can be, consider what's happening to Miley Cirus, who has confessed faith in Jesus before. Or also consider that one of the producers of "That' 70's Show" confesses faith in Jesus (if you've ever seen how vile that show can be?).

But whatever you do, be sure that you have a clean conscious before the Lord about it.

And please talk to a spiritual authority about this.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

You've been given good advice here, sister. You know it's not right for you to appear on stage semi-dressed so why would you even consider it? If it's to make people like you.....it won't. To show school spirit....it doesn't. And if you can't even tell your parents about it; has it occurred to you that you will be feeling guilt over this for years down the road. Never betray the Lord, or your own standards. It will gain you nothing and could hurt your growth in your faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

Praying for you to have the courage to do what I think you know you should do. If someone asks you to do something you are not comfortable doing DONT DO IT

If someone asks you to do something you are ashamed to tell your parents about DONT DO IT

If someone asks you to do something you wouldnt want to do in front of God DONT DO IT

I would much sooner bear the look of hurt on a human face than on our Father God s face,

:emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray:

:emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray: Sweet Rain ladypeartree has said it all. Not much more can I add. Bring a smile to the Lord's face not tears to His eyes. :emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Lord strengthen your resolve to serve Him in the thing that is right. +

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members