• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

WHEN I AM ALONE........

...I feel isolated and friendless.

...I am afraid of the unknown.

...I go over and over my many past mistakes, wishing I could change them.

...I get angry and frustrated because no one is there to support me.

...I think of reasons I deserve to be alone and tell myself I want to be alone.

...I say to myself 'no one really understands me'.

...I think that something is wrong with me; That other people don't want me.

WHEN I AM STRUGGLING.......

...I am quicker to anger; I think less before I speak.

...I lose my objectivity and good judgement.

...Every new opportunity is a frightening burden.

...Every choice is agonizing.

...I feel isolated and friendless; Alone in a crowd.

...I think no one else is having as hard a time as I am.

...I compare my suffering to others.

...I lose faith as the hard times drag on, and on, and on.

The list of inner aches and pains goes on and on when we face fear and depression. 'Life can get you down' is a very true statement. This life and this world may seem like the enemy, but the enemy of happiness actually resides within us. The things we focus on intently have a tendency to grow in size and power. When we lavish attention on our sorrows they grow. It's not like anyone really wants to sit around feeling sorry for themself though. The reason that I focus so much attention on my trials and tribulations is that I'm trying to find a solution!! The reason I feel worse and worse is that I can't solve them, so I focus on them day and night!! There comes a time, when the battle has been lost, to retreat. There comes a time, when the war is over, to surrender. The world that we live in is a fearsome devourer of hearts, minds and souls. If we try to fight a war against it to the bitter end we will be defeated and pressed into slavery, to serve the rest of our lives without hope of rescue. But there is definitely hope for us!

If you are alone and struggling against impossible odds, who would you like to have on your side? I myself would call on the greatest hero I can find, but having nothing of value to pay them with, I need someone who'll work for free. Someone to fight the good fight without asking for anything that I cannot give. Someone who doesn't expect payment in advance, but wins the battle and the war before he asks anything of me. God sent Christ for this very purpose. We are beset on all sides by sorrow and fear. We are all alone and struggling through life, even when we are surrounded by peers. Christ already payed our price for us, then took up his cross and sacrificed himself heroically to win the war for us. He rescued more than my soul, he rescued my cold and jaded heart from a joyless life. In times of trouble, turn to your greatest ally and surrender to Him before your enemy has a chance to claim victory over you! When you do that, God will be with you and He will bless you.

Edited by Matt712

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

:amen::amen::amen:

I can really see how much you love the Lord Matt. Your works are an isnspiration. Keep doing good works for Him who loves you and your rewards will be waiting for you right beside Christ Jesus. :emot-wanttohug::emot-wanttohug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  83
  • Birthday:  06/10/1956

I identify fully with the first part. I struggle so much with the second part about only needing Jesus by my side.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  88
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

I identify fully with the first part. I struggle so much with the second part about only needing Jesus by my side.

Pearly - I won't say to you that you should go through life separated from people who can love and care for you. That is not the way humans are meant to live at all. We really need each other. But there are times in life when no one is around to aid us or, even worse, no human power can save us from our circumstances. I suggest that we include God in every aspect of our life at all times so that when we are desperately lonely, or beyond the help of any of our peers, there is still that comforting peace that comes from knowing that we are not abandoned by Him. I cannot do what I have suggested all the time...... but I'm slowly getting a little better at it. :)

:thumbsup:

Hallelujah~!

And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:18-23

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

Pearly - I won't say to you that you should go through life separated from people who can love and care for you. That is not the way humans are meant to live at all. We really need each other. But there are times in life when no one is around to aid us or, even worse, no human power can save us from our circumstances. I suggest that we include God in every aspect of our life at all times so that when we are desperately lonely, or beyond the help of any of our peers, there is still that comforting peace that comes from knowing that we are not abandoned by Him. I cannot do what I have suggested all the time...... but I'm slowly getting a little better at it. :)

My whole life i have dealt and knowingly struggle with this and it is my greatest weakness thanks for pointing it out pearly. :emot-heartbeat:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/14/1955

Maybe. Get a prayer partner