Dionysiou

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Ok so a while back i had a confronting experience. Now it was very vivid so i can't say whether i was actually asleep or not. Anyway, i wake up in the middle of the night and i immediately sense the evil in my room. It's a very dark, hopeless, yucky and all round disgusting feeling. I then realise that i am levitating about 1metre above my bed while laying on my back. It was a very strange feeling and I know that there is an evil being floating right above my body holding me in position. I cannot see it in all of the darkness but I feel it draining the life out of my body. i mean literally draining me and i feel like i am going to die from it. The first thought that popped into my head was "oh no, i can't let my mum find me dead in my bed."

So i make sure i don't start freaking out and decide to rebuke it. When i go to open my mouth to rebuke it, the bloody demon closes my mouth shut! It wouldn't allow me to open it and it continues to drain me! Now when this happened, i lost it for a second. Then I decided there was no point in worrying about it so i should try something else. I then begin to rebuke it in my mind and when i do, i can talk again. I say "the lord rebuke you!" and it flies around my room a bit and leaves. As it leaves my body begins to slowly fall back onto my bed and i feel my feet hit the covers first followed by the rest of my body.

Next thing i remember is waking up in the morning and thinking "what happened last night, i wanna kill that thing!"

It was probably the worst spiritual experience i have ever had.

Edited by Dionysiou

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

You need to start speaking the name of Jesus, regularly.:thumbsup: It tried to close your mouth. There's a significance in that. The way to defeat it is to open your mouth and proclaim your inheritence.

No weapon formed against you will prosper and every tongue that rises up you will refite and rebuke.

Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, says the LORD.

This is your heritage as a believer, you need to posess it. Heritage indicates an inheritance. The only way you gain this protection and inheritence is through Christ Jesus and you need to abide in it and Him.

You've been questioning your inheritence on this very forum for some time. Start embracing it.:thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Believe me man, i don't want that sort of thing happening on a regular basis. If i could stay in Gods will for longer periods of time then i would certainly be more confident in such situations. Christ saved me and i owe it to Him to listen.

Then Sings My Soul, My Savior God, To Thee

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them:

because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

How Great Thou Art, How Great Thou Art!

Believe me man, i don't want that sort of thing happening on a regular basis. If i could stay in Gods will for longer periods of time then i would certainly be more confident in such situations. Christ saved me and i owe it to Him to listen.

Just

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. Matthew 1:20-25

Put Your Hand

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

In The Hand Of The Man From Galilee

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

I Love You LORD Jesus

I Love You

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Ok so a while back i had a confronting experience. Now it was very vivid so i can't say whether i was actually asleep or not. Anyway, i wake up in the middle of the night and i immediately sense the evil in my room. It's a very dark, hopeless, yucky and all round disgusting feeling. I then realise that i am levitating about 1metre above my bed while laying on my back. It was a very strange feeling and I know that there is an evil being floating right above my body holding me in position. I cannot see it in all of the darkness but I feel it draining the life out of my body. i mean literally draining me and i feel like i am going to die from it. The first thought that popped into my head was "oh no, i can't let my mum find me dead in my bed."

So i make sure i don't start freaking out and decide to rebuke it. When i go to open my mouth to rebuke it, the bloody demon closes my mouth shut! It wouldn't allow me to open it and it continues to drain me! Now when this happened, i lost it for a second. Then I decided there was no point in worrying about it so i should try something else. I then begin to rebuke it in my mind and when i do, i can talk again. I say "the lord rebuke you!" and it flies around my room a bit and leaves. As it leaves my body begins to slowly fall back onto my bed and i feel my feet hit the covers first followed by the rest of my body.

Next thing i remember is waking up in the morning and thinking "what happened last night, i wanna kill that thing!"

that is not an uncommon experience. I've been acquainted with dozens of people who have expressed the same thing. Some weren't sure they were awake but at least half would swear they were awake and it was not just a spiritual experience.

I think Dave has about the best idea of how to deal with it so I'll just be lazy and refer to his post.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've had simular experiences.

Luke 10:17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.

18 And He said to them, I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Same here - only I was never awake. Yet at times I had an awareness of the room . . . or was that a part of the dream? Couldn't tell. Anyway, the point is, I would be in a dream that a demon or more would manifest themselves (not seeing them but their manifestations, like in a horror film). When I tried to rebuke them I suddenly couldn't talk.

I finally had one where instead of feeling frightened I felt annoyed and was actually able to address it with authority in my thinking, which enabled me to actually get some words out this time. Dream ended, and I woke up.

Phew - and people watch horror movies for pleasure. :rolleyes::noidea:

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  366
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Ephesians 6: (King James Version)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

I too have had demonic experiences before i was a Christian.

Edited by Oneaccords

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

That sounds scary-but you did exactly the right thing- call on the Lord.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Dave gave good advice, and many of us have experienced similar attacks. The only difference between what happened to you, and me, is that I was pressed stomach down into the bed by a malevolent force.

One other thing, you said...

If i could stay in Gods will for longer periods of time then i would certainly be more confident in such situations

and Dave said....

You've been questioning your inheritance on this very forum for some time. Start embracing it

I agree with him. This is not judgment brother, I used to be where you are now. This is just advice from someone who has been there.

Start accepting that Jesus loves you, and concentrate less on loving Him. That is not a contradiction, that is the essence of grace.

Once you are able to accept His unqualified love, you will simply love Him. By "trying" to love Him to make Him happy, we wonder down all sorts of paths we should not go down. We try to please Him and when we, in our own eyes, fail, we make statements like the one you did. It is a vicious circle, and then you question, "why was I attacked, did I do something wrong that I need to make right?"

Nope you were attacked because you believe.

Next time this happens don't try saying "the Lord rebuke you", the Lord already has rebuked satan and his minions. Try saying "Jesus loves me".

Can you see the difference?

It is like a small child walking across the road holding his fathers hand. Rather have the father hold the child's hand. That way the bond is far less likely to be broken.

Jesus is holding your hand. You can let go.

Blessings