IGNORED

Judging God

Isaiah 6:8

This is the greek spirit. Man is the center of knowledge and sits in judgment of God.

It has been inseparable from the "christian philosophy" of theologians for centuries as evidenced by the fact we observe times and seasons of the greco-world, while ignoring God's appointed times. I mean, "we" know better than He what is relevant to us, right? Until we cut this off at the root, there will always be these tares growing among the wheat.

At this point nothing short of Yeshua coming down from heaven is going to change it.(see Zechariah 14)

Ok Im confused. Are you saying that it is because we do not follow a Jewish calendar or the Jewish feasts and instead celebrate Christmas?

That is only the symptom. The overwhelming majority of christians don't know the history of how we got there though. I'm saying that greek philosophy and reason has been used in developing a theological interpretation which ignores, replaces, and often even destroys the foundation of our faith.

I discuss it a little more in-depth in this thread

http://www.worthychr...o-to-the-greek/

Yours is the double-standard for you have created Brad (and God) in YOUR image.

a shaky foundation at best

yod, is it really all that different from Christians who create God in their minds as they imagine Him to be,

No, there is not a lot of difference (intellectually) in a false god vs a false image of God. I've been fighting that battle within the church since my salvation experience (being born again) in 1990. Like I said earlier, if you want to rail against religion (uggh) or the cultural christianity we see (as opposed to a simple faith) then I'll be standing next to you.

However, salvation isn't based on what "we think", it's based on who "we trust" and everyone starts out with an image of God that isn't complete or accurate until they've gone deeper into His infinite character.

Apart from the impowering grace of the Spirit of Holiness, no one will find out either. That's the biggest difference between someone who denies there is a god, and someone who hasn't yet grasped the full depth of the God in whom they have trusted. The one with faith has salvation and an eternity to discover the full reality, while the other only has the hope of this life on earth. For even the most exciting life, that is a pitiful end.

a God who can do no wrong despite direct evidence to the contrary staring at them right in the face?

"wrong" is a morality measurement based on culturally accepted norms. Just because your finite mind can't grasp why He does certain things, doesn't mean that you can impose your morality on Him.

I know it's a popular Christian to argue that God gave you an objective an absolute set of best morals, but apparently that set of morals has left you to sink so low that you're no longer able to recognize evil when you see it, as long as it's carried out by God.

Let's talk when you've created a Universe, ok?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

(edited by Mizzdy, sorry Yod needed to change the wording, please lets not even use the initials it does offend many)

Ugghh...I absolutely detest religious criticism. I understand that you have a job to do and there might be "virgin eyes" on a discussion board, but being offended is as much a sin as offending. (I Cor 13:4)

I must admit I do agree with you and thanks for understanding about 'the job', never know who is reading nor who will be offended or by what.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Wow yet again this thread is hijacked by atheist telling us how evil God is and yet they miss the question.

Where does the atheist (Tishtaler) (Valorian) Get there morals to Judge God by? They are sitting on a high horse judging what they think is the god we server, (it is not) and yet refuse to state where they came up with there moral code to stand from.

That is the question of this thread, where do you get the moral code to try to judge God by?

Wow yet again this thread is hijacked by atheist telling us how evil God is and yet they miss the question.

Where does the atheist (Tishtaler) (Valorian) Get there morals to Judge God by? They are sitting on a high horse judging what they think is the god we server, (it is not) and yet refuse to state where they came up with there moral code to stand from.

That is the question of this thread, where do you get the moral code to try to judge God by?

As a former atheist, I can answer that.

"Self" is their god and in this way, they can create their own morality based on what their "self" lusts for.

Atheism is the absolute apex of "self"-ishness. To admit that there is something higher than themselves would destroy their god....their "self"

This is, of course, exactly what Yeshua is talking about when He says that those who would find life would first have to lose their (selfish) life.

Here is quote in english:

Luke 9:23-25

New International Version (NIV)

23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?

So please tell me, any atheists who want to take the challenge....what good is it to gain everything the world can offer and yet forfeit your "self"?

Where does the atheist (Tishtaler) (Valorian) Get there morals to Judge God by? They are sitting on a high horse judging what they think is the god we server, (it is not) and yet refuse to state where they came up with theIr moral code to stand from.

As a former atheist, I can answer that.

"Self" is their god and in this way, they can create their own morality based on what their "self" lusts for.

Atheism is the absolute apex of "self"-ishness. To admit that there is something higher than themselves would destroy their god....their "self"

This is, of course, exactly what Yeshua is talking about when He says that those who would find life would first have to lose their (selfish) life.

Here is the quote in english:

Luke 9:23-25 New International Version (NIV)

23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?

So please tell me, any atheists who want to take the challenge.... what good is it to gain everything the world can offer and yet forfeit your "self"?

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

"wrong" is a morality measurement based on culturally accepted norms. Just because your finite mind can't grasp why He does certain things, doesn't mean that you can impose your morality on Him.

You mean the same way that your finite mind can't grasp why God does certain things, but think you can bulldoze the baseless claim that God is good anyway even when He does things like sanctioning the slaughter of women and children, or burn people to a crisp at the altar simply for using the wrong type of incense?

Let's talk when you've created a Universe, ok?

How does creating a universe automatically mean that you're always and infallibly good? I asked this question earlier, but never got an answer.

Oh wait, I forgot, theists like you are so hopelessly myopic that using analogies with you is pointless, since all you'll do is apply the usual gross double standards. Let's face it, this alleged goodness of God is in fact so flimsy and indefensible that you need to try to shut down all opposing arguments with ad hominem attacks about "selfish" atheists because you're unable to address the real issue itself.

You mean the same way that your finite mind can't grasp why God does certain things, but think you can bulldoze the baseless claim that God is good anyway even when He does things like sanctioning the slaughter of women and children, or burn people to a crisp at the altar simply for using the wrong type of incense?

:24: :24: :24:

Beloved Yod, At One Time A Hard Nose Rock And Roll Kicking It Atheist

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

Once Thought Thoughts Like These Of Yours Dear One

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20

Until He Read The Letters From Heaven Above

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

And Saw His Maker, The Living God

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

_________

______

___

Any Child Can Know This

But It Seems To Take The Bitter Hatred

Of A Reprobate Sinner To Mask Out The Love Of His Creator

Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me! This I know,

for the Bible tells me so.

Little ones to him belong;

they are weak, but he is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me!

Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know,

as he loved so long ago,

taking children on his knee,

saying, "Let them come to me."

Jesus loves me still today,

walking with me on my way,

wanting as a friend to give

light and love to all who live.

http://www.hymnsite....rics/umh191.sht

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I am closing this thread as it appears that the atheists can not seem to answer the question it asks, and yet continues to judge god from there own morality, which came from??...