alex_31

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings to all... Is it common for a believer in Christ to hear more from the enemy than the Holy Spirit? The Bible teaches that the Spirit is a still, small voice. We have the mind of Christ (1Cor 2:16), and are supposed to cast down thoughts of the enemy and of our own fleshly nature(1Cor 10:4). Because we are engaged in spiritual warfare, does it seem likely that the thoughts that come to us most may in fact be the ones that we need to take captive? Any comments or insight would be much appreciated...

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Greetings to all... Is it common for a believer in Christ to hear more from the enemy than the Holy Spirit? The Bible teaches that the Spirit is a still, small voice. We have the mind of Christ (1Cor 2:16), and are supposed to cast down thoughts of the enemy and of our own fleshly nature(1Cor 10:4). Because we are engaged in spiritual warfare, does it seem likely that the thoughts that come to us most may in fact be the ones that we need to take captive? Any comments or insight would be much appreciated...

I don't know if we are "supposed to" hear more from the enemy (or our own flesh) than from the Holy Spirit, but I sure do! When I first got saved, I heard from the Holy Spirit all the time, every day. Literally. But now, it's very few and far between, and the voice of the enemy is relentless.

I don't know if we are "supposed to" hear more from the enemy (or our own flesh) than from the Holy Spirit, but I sure do! When I first got saved, I heard from the Holy Spirit all the time, every day. Literally. But now, it's very few and far between, and the voice of the enemy is relentless.

:thumbsup:

Sing

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

Sing A New Song

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Greetings to all... Is it common for a believer in Christ to hear more from the enemy than the Holy Spirit?

This is a surprising question. Why are you asking it.?

The Bible teaches that the Spirit is a still, small voice.

That description was only given once, and it was given in a context.

The Bible doesn't say how God's voice was heard every other time.

We have the mind of Christ (1Cor 2:16), and are supposed to cast down thoughts of the enemy and of our own fleshly nature(1Cor 10:4).

Of course! The trick is to recognize which voice is which.

Sigh, I'm still learning and fumbling.

Here's what I find: the sheep recognize their Shephard's voice, and they follow it. But Satan uses many different voices. So listening for one voice is sometimes difficult when you might be facing a "chorus" of voices that Satan has masked his with.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The battle between the sinful and spiritual natures will continue until the Rapture of the church or until your dying day. I recall when I was assailed by the sinful nature. I prayed and prayed and prayed and committed myself to Bible study. I would not allow secular radio or TV into my home or automobiles. I prayed as I fell asleep at night and first thing upon awakening. Eventually the spiritual nature took control ..... that joy that I knew when I first became a born-again Believer returned. Yes, the battle continues, but I have put on the whole armor of God. If sinful nature breaks through I know I am grieving the Holy Spirit because my response is grief over having done so. 1 John 1:9 has been my promise and my delight as I agree with Jesus that what I have done is wrong; I confess it as sin; I ask the Father in the Name of Jesus to rebuke satan. Then there is that certain peace that passes all understanding.

Why was I tempted in the first place? I removed a portion of my armor ~ ~ and I know precisely the path that led me into that evil.

:)

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/17/1967

Greetings Since most of us have spent a lot of time over in the enemy's camp before we came over to GOD'S side we have grown accustomed to hearing the enemy's voice, but now that we are born-again the more time we spend with JESUS CHRIST in prayer reading and studying HIS word the more familiar we become with JESUS.

JESUS said my sheep know my voice and a stranger they will not follow so as we begin to submit to GOD and resist the devil he will flee. GOD is constantly talking to us giving us instructions, and directions. GOD is steadily trying to build a relationship with us so we must learn to listen

Guest LadyC
The Bible teaches that the Spirit is a still, small voice

and the devil's voice never shuts up... and it's anything BUT still and small!

You're right the enemy is relentless the bible describes him as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour even when he was tempting JESUS in the wilderness he came at JESUS strong and hard the bible tells us that when he did leave JESUS it was only for a season. When the enemy attack us he use things that we are familiar with things we were once and sometimes still is in bondage too, the things we seem to get pleasure out of, and the things of GOD are uncharted territory for must of us so we are not use to hear these things.

the world tells us it's ok to hit some one back if they hit us first, GOD SAYS TO TURN THE OTHER CHEEK. T World says it's ok to go out and have fun and enjoy your self. GOD SAYS IN ROMANS 12:1,2

Ro 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

So we must change our way of thinking as well and speak positive to our self.

Greetings to all... Is it common for a believer in Christ to hear more from the enemy than the Holy Spirit?

This is a surprising question. Why are you asking it.?

The Bible teaches that the Spirit is a still, small voice.

That description was only given once, and it was given in a context.

The Bible doesn't say how God's voice was heard every other time.

We have the mind of Christ (1Cor 2:16), and are supposed to cast down thoughts of the enemy and of our own fleshly nature(1Cor 10:4).

Of course! The trick is to recognize which voice is which.

Sigh, I'm still learning and fumbling.

We all are still learning and fumbling even if we are not willing to admit it no matter if we've been saved for 10 minutes or 10 years even a 100 years. the bible tells us to study to show ourselves approved unto GOD a workman who need not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth. as we read and study GOD'S WORD and PRAY, and FAST we will see ourselves growing in grace. we must remember to walk in the light that GOD has given us and continue to be honest with self and GOD because HE already knows. GOD uses many ways of talking to HIS children. Just as we do with our children but once we build a relationship with our children and they understand who we are no matter how we talk to and with them they will know it's us even if we sent a message by some one else they will know if it's from us.

likewise we must seek to build a deep committed relationship with GOD so that no matter how HE speaks we will hear him and know it is him.