• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Greetings to all... Is it common for a believer in Christ to hear more from the enemy than the Holy Spirit? The Bible teaches that the Spirit is a still, small voice. We have the mind of Christ (1Cor 2:16), and are supposed to cast down thoughts of the enemy and of our own fleshly nature(1Cor 10:4). Because we are engaged in spiritual warfare, does it seem likely that the thoughts that come to us most may in fact be the ones that we need to take captive? Any comments or insight would be much appreciated...

I know personally that when I was first saved, that was the hardest time for me, the enemy kept telling me, "you haven't changed, your still the same person" and was hoping I would doubt my new faith, but continue to pray to God for strength.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I remember one time, soon after the Lord saved me, I was at the sink washing dishes when I heard someone say " you don't look any different to me". I almost said out loud, who was that ,but at that same instant I knew who it was . That old deceiver trying to make me doubt my salvation..I think I giggled to myself. But there's been lots of times since I haven't so readily realized he was influencing me. My Lord at these times puts it in my heart to draw nearer through his word and prayer. The devil may trip me but cant keep me down. My Father speaks his love to me and stands me back up.Praise him,sweet loving Father it grieves him when I fall and he is sure to help me up.....

I remember one time, soon after the Lord saved me, I was at the sink washing dishes when I heard someone say " you don't look any different to me". I almost said out loud, who was that ,but at that same instant I knew who it was . That old deceiver trying to make me doubt my salvation.. I think I giggled to myself. But there's been lots of times since I haven't so readily realized he was influencing me. My Lord at these times puts it in my heart to draw nearer through his word and prayer. The devil may trip me but cant keep me down. My Father speaks his love to me and stands me back up. Praise him, sweet loving Father it grieves him when I fall and he is sure to help me up.....

:thumbsup:

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have:

for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hearing His voice and not that of the enemy?

Joh 21:20 Peter turned around and noticed the disciple whom Jesus kept loving following them. He was the one who had put his head on Jesus' chest at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is the one who is going to betray you?"

Keep your head on His chest always.

That way you can even hear His heartbeat.......

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Greetings to all... Is it common for a believer in Christ to hear more from the enemy than the Holy Spirit? The Bible teaches that the Spirit is a still, small voice. We have the mind of Christ (1Cor 2:16), and are supposed to cast down thoughts of the enemy and of our own fleshly nature(1Cor 10:4). Because we are engaged in spiritual warfare, does it seem likely that the thoughts that come to us most may in fact be the ones that we need to take captive? Any comments or insight would be much appreciated...

darkness--|-----------------------------------Light

We all started from darkness and it depends where we are on that line. I'm not where I want to be but thank God i'm not where I used to be. I imagine the closer we get to God, His voice will be louder and the devil's will be smaller. The devil's voice will violate or twist scripture. jmho

Philippians 4:8

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I remember one time, soon after the Lord saved me, I was at the sink washing dishes when I heard someone say " you don't look any different to me". I almost said out loud, who was that ,but at that same instant I knew who it was . That old deceiver trying to make me doubt my salvation..I think I giggled to myself. But there's been lots of times since I haven't so readily realized he was influencing me. My Lord at these times puts it in my heart to draw nearer through his word and prayer. The devil may trip me but cant keep me down. My Father speaks his love to me and stands me back up.Praise him,sweet loving Father it grieves him when I fall and he is sure to help me up.....

Ignore the liar and accuser,and he will flee.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  366
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Well we have to keep our mind on the King James Bible as much as we can. And when you memorize Bible verses then you make the word as a part of your thought life then that is powerful.

Ephesians 6:

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

I believe that if your thinking of the word then that is sword against the enemy and another powerful verse that comes to mind is "the earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof" i say that when i go to new places and fasting and pray is very powerful, if you become a regular quoter of the word of God then the enemy is going to be very discouraged and even leave you.

• 8 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/30/2011 at 6:32 PM, alex_31 said:

It seems you already know what to do. You understand everything it seems. All negative thoughts should be subdued.