1/4 cup butter, softened

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside for 1 hour. Drain, reserving liquid and berries separately.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the juice from the berries. Gently stir in the berries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.

Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

Made these just now and they were delicious!!!!!

Guest TheChief

Epic win! These were great with hot coffee. Great job, Silver! <3

Can you use frozen strawberries in this recipe?

I don't see why not as long as you thaw them completely before putting the sugar on them :)

I don't see why not as long as you thaw them completely before putting the sugar on them :)

I use them in a strawberry pound cake that our family enjoys year round. I'm going to try them in this recipe - it sounds wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!

I use them in a strawberry pound cake that our family enjoys year round. I'm going to try them in this recipe - it sounds wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!

:P If you don't mind, would you please share with us the recipe for the pound cake?

:P If you don't mind, would you please share with us the recipe for the pound cake?

Aunt Ginny's Pound Cake

2 1/2 c. all purpose flour (sifted)

2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. grated lemon peel or lemon concentrate

1 tsp vanilla

1 c. butter (softened)

1 8 oz container any flavor yogurt OR 8oz of sour cream (Big disagreement here - some like lemon, some strawberry some like the sour cream).

3 eggs

Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Blend at low speed, then beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour into greased 10" Bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until top springs back to the touch. Cool upright for 15 minutes.... The cake can be glazed with 1 c. of powdered sugar mixed with 1 - 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. NOW: THIS IS WHAT I DO... I use strawberry yogurt and I mix about 1/2 c. of drained frozen strawberries into the yogurt. I also glaze with pureed strawberries and the powdered sugar. This is the most flexibe recipe and my aunt made thousands of them.... I love blueberry yogurt with some fresh blueberries as well... The lemon zest accentuates the flavor of whatever fruit yogurt OR sour cream you choose to use. Store the cake tightly covered - it is so delicious. I tried peach last year during the summer and took it to church for a potluck - there was nothing but a plate to bring home ... very moist!! I hope you enjoy this!

Aunt Ginny's Pound Cake

2 1/2 c. all purpose flour (sifted)

2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. grated lemon peel or lemon concentrate

1 tsp vanilla

1 c. butter (softened)

1 8 oz container any flavor yogurt OR 8oz of sour cream (Big disagreement here - some like lemon, some strawberry some like the sour cream).

3 eggs

Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Blend at low speed, then beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour into greased 10" Bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until top springs back to the touch. Cool upright for 15 minutes.... The cake can be glazed with 1 c. of powdered sugar mixed with 1 - 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. NOW: THIS IS WHAT I DO... I use strawberry yogurt and I mix about 1/2 c. of drained frozen strawberries into the yogurt. I also glaze with pureed strawberries and the powdered sugar. This is the most flexibe recipe and my aunt made thousands of them.... I love blueberry yogurt with some fresh blueberries as well... The lemon zest accentuates the flavor of whatever fruit yogurt OR sour cream you choose to use. Store the cake tightly covered - it is so delicious. I tried peach last year during the summer and took it to church for a potluck - there was nothing but a plate to bring home ... very moist!! I hope you enjoy this!

Sweet! Gonna try this one tomorrow!

1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries

1/2 cup white sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup butter, softened

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside for 1 hour. Drain, reserving liquid and berries separately.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the juice from the berries. Gently stir in the berries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.

Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

Made these just now and they were delicious!!!!!

These sound wonderful. I will have to try them.

Sign in to follow this