• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I haven't done this in a while.... but I thought I would throw this out. For a few months I have been praying that God would allow me to leave the church that I have attended for about eight years. I few weeks ago I had this dream....

It started with me at the church with one of the babies that I care for in the day... I stopped a few feet from the entrance of the church when I saw the congregation lined up in a single line leading into the church with the pastor at the head of the line. When I walked up to the line the pastor looked at me and said "Hi Jackie." He then picked me up and passed me to the next person in line.... I was handed from one person to the other each saying hi until I was in the church and placed on a seat. That's where the dream ended.... the thing about this dream is that when I walked up to the line I was able to see the faces of the people... people who is very formilar to me... but the moment the pastor picked me up.... I could not see anyone... I just felt myself being passed from one person to the other and heard them say hi....

Do you think this is the answer that I seeked from God? I don't know anything any more. If I ask my pastor he would think it was just a dream.... I've changed... through the years of being there... once I craved Jesus... He's presence... guildance.... love.... truth.... to be real.... I just craved Him.... ever aspect of my being craved Him.... I never wanted anything or anyone more then just being with Him. Now.... well... to much has happen.... I just don't know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Jackie :emot-hug: I think we need to have something within ourselves that drives our passion to be near Him, and not be reliant on church to provide that. If that church is stifling you, go elsewhere. But if the problem is in you and not in the church, then changing churches won't help and will only serve to break apart some relationships you may have formed in the church. Keep praying sis, ask Him to relight that fire in you and keep it alight, a daily personal relationship with Him.

Love lots

xoxo

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Well picking you up could symbolize lifting you up. Like Candice I believe that we are the ones in control of our passion for God not the church we got to necessarily. It's what we do in our private time with Him, though I also understand the importance of being in the church with other passionate followers of Christ.

So I believe this is what the dream meant.. your pastor and the rest of the congregation who you knew at your current church were lifting you up in prayer and if you decide to go to another church something similar will happen to you where people you don't know will lift you up. So I think it spoke more about helping you get what you want from God then the change of church being a solution. I'm not sure, but this is what I read from it. Hope this helps!

Hey do you ever tune-in to the IHOP prayer room? Try it out for a while, it's 24/7.. just click on the play button below... http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=1000058181

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm not a dream interpreter, so I couldn't know.

But I am curious as to why you want to leave? And why you do not feel as if you can leave?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I am not sure why you feel you cannot leave. If you do not feel the passion for God and the desire to be at that church - in itself, that demonstrates that you should perhaps visit other churches where you may reawaken your spirituality. Don't depend on any church to do that for you - Pray, read your bible and make sure to praise God in all things - you have come to a dry spot in your faith, imo. You never have to remain in a church if your heart is not there or if you feel you need another church... feeling that you can't leave or visit if you need to is puzzling. It's not a cult, right? It's a church - so visit other churches and see if you can find what you seek. Blessings!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It sounds to me like your dream is telling you you have a great church, where many care about you, and are willing to help you carry your burden, and help you feel 'settled in.'

On the other hand, I must ask: Does your church allow you to offer praise and worship to God? Can you 'lift holy hands to the Lord'? Can you express your praise? If you can, I would not necessarily start looking for another church. If the church is too starchy to allow that, then by all means, find a place where you are free to praise God.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm just so confused.... this wilderness experience is lasting far to long. God's continue blessings to each of you and your family.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

For a few months I have been praying that God would allow me to leave the church that I have attended for about eight years.

Why exactly... God allows us to worship Him freely and openly.

It started with me at the church with one of the babies that I care for in the day...

but the moment the pastor picked me up.... I could not see anyone...

If you don't feel that the Holy Spirit has placed you there for tending to the young ones during service then you should let you pastor know of this quickly. It is not him who decides where we belong and he should be in agreement if under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

For a few months I have been praying that God would allow me to leave the church that I have attended for about eight years.

Why exactly... God allows us to worship Him freely and openly.

It started with me at the church with one of the babies that I care for in the day...

but the moment the pastor picked me up.... I could not see anyone...

If you don't feel that the Holy Spirit has placed you there for tending to the young ones during service then you should let you pastor know of this quickly. It is not him who decides where we belong and he should be in agreement if under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

This dream has nothing to do with the church nursery. The baby in the dream attends my daycare center.... absolutely no link except that I watched her one saturday and took her to church with me for a meeting I had.