• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

Just once, I'd like to see a post by you that isn't just a list of Bible quotes. I'm not sure what you're actually trying to say, is it something about Roman Catholics not being real believers with that quote about the Jews trying to use Jesus' name? Otherwise, it's just plain gibberish.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You have to read what he writes above and between the verses to see what he is saying.

Just once, I'd like to see a post by you that isn't just a list of Bible quotes. I'm not sure what you're actually trying to say, is it something about Roman Catholics not being real believers with that quote about the Jews trying to use Jesus' name? Otherwise, it's just plain gibberish.

:thumbsup:

True

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

True

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 8:9

Oh So

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

True

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

Love, Your Brother Joe

Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. Psalms 71:18

Trust In Man And You Are Done

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

Truth In God And You Have Win

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 9-33

It Is Simply Jesus Saves

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

And We

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-7

Don't

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Dear Reader

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned:

but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Does It All Sound Like Gibberish

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying,

Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying,

Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:11-12

Ask And You Will

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13

Understand

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

That's a very complicated way of communicating, that doesn't actually add to the discussion. We can all quote Scripture until our keyboards are worn out, but it doesn't get us anywhere.

The dangers of messing around with exorcisms without proper training or authority are manifold and frightening, not the least of which is leaving yourself open to demonic influence.

Where you suspect demonic involvement, and aren't just imagining that every single one of life's problems is because of demons, seek help from a properly trained exorcist, or pay the consequences.

:noidea:

seek help from a properly trained exorcist, or pay the consequences.

:noidea:

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

Got Faith?

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Got Book?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Believe It

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Why do you post irrelevent Bible passages as though doing so was somehow taking part in the discussion? It's very frustrating. Nothing you posted there even mentions exorcism, demons or anything related to the discussion.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Why do you post irrelevent Bible passages as though doing so was somehow taking part in the discussion? It's very frustrating. Nothing you posted there even mentions exorcism, demons or anything related to the discussion.

Did Paul have any official training to cast out demons?

Joe is showing you through Scripture the authority of the believer - not because of our training but because of the Spirit who is in us.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/15/1952

I like Joe's quotes. Maybe he can help me because I can't quote from memory: isn't there a scripture somewhere about a demons being cast out and going through a dry and waterless place, finding no rest and so returning to where they were? I would suggest that Michael get some very serious counseling on the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Spirit before more exorcism is done. Catharine Marshall wrote a very good book about the Holy Spirit called "The Helper".

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

The disciples encountered the same kind of problem, and Jesus told them that this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting. I would suggest you spend time preparing your hearts before attempting to cast the demon out.

Next time we encounter this I'm going to try to fast and pray before hand. There wasn't much warning to prepare for it this time.

I think you and your friends have done just fine Joshua...it is a learning curve when confronting some of the supernatural aspects of our faith....but exciting and rewarding....the disciples were over the moon that the demons were subject to the authority that Jesus gave them over the demons. I strongly disagree with the formal aspects of David of Derby's post...each of us has the Holy Spirit and brings Jesus with us into any given situation, although obviously one has to be wise in who gets involved in something like this.

I would also mention that prayer and fasting should not necessarily be suddenly undertaken in a crisis situation as I don't think that was the import of Jesus' words, rather it should be a life-style out of which you are able to confront each situation that arises, humbly and in the power of His might.....often there is not time to fast and pray, the situation is upon you.

In Messiah. Botz