• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

Why do you disagree? Do you think the demonic forces of hell are something to take lightly? Even someone who is part way to becoming a saint can be possessed. What makes you think any Tom, Dick or Harry can perform an exorcism safely effectively? You think it's just a matter of believing in Jesus?

You need the help of properly trained and experienced exorcists. Messing about with amateur exorcisms is even more dangerous than dabbling in the occult.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Umm... Elijah - what you just wrote had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Why do you post irrelevent Bible passages as though doing so was somehow taking part in the discussion? It's very frustrating. Nothing you posted there even mentions exorcism, demons or anything related to the discussion.

:thumbsup:

Freely Received - Freely Give

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

Coming from a very Catholic, Church of England background I find this entire discussion very troubling. While I disagree with the Roman Church on some very important points of doctrine, they're right when they say that this kind of amateur exorcism is very dangerous.

The mention of the lady at church, who was apparently oppressed by "many demons" is particularly worrying, and typical of this kind of zealous belief. Everything I've read and studied on exorcism and possession suggests that the notion of "many demons" possessing a person is misguided, and the random screaming out in church and the prayer over the victim typical of the whole mania. If this women is genuinely under demonic attack she needs the help of a properly trained and authorized exorcist, not mass hysteria.

.... I apologise if any find my tone superior or condemnatory. This issue is too important to mince words.

Sometimes I Too Think That Not Mincing Words

And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. Matthew 17:18-21

Over Professionally Certified Exorcists

And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me. Acts 8:18-24

Maybe Desired

Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. Acts 19:13-16

Yes?

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Psalms 51:11

Love, Your Brother Joe

Maybe This Will Help

Maybe Not ~ Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

I like Joe's quotes. Maybe he can help me because I can't quote from memory: isn't there a scripture somewhere about a demons being cast out and going through a dry and waterless place, finding no rest and so returning to where they were? I would suggest that Michael get some very serious counseling on the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Spirit before more exorcism is done. Catharine Marshall wrote a very good book about the Holy Spirit called "The Helper".

Amen~! If The LORD Does Not Do It

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. Matthew 12:43-45

It Is Worst Than Before

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Luke 11:24-26

See

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

It's Kid's Work

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

Because Of Jesus You See

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

And We Are His~!

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20

I Love You LORD Jesus

I Love You

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The disciples encountered the same kind of problem, and Jesus told them that this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting. I would suggest you spend time preparing your hearts before attempting to cast the demon out.

Next time we encounter this I'm going to try to fast and pray before hand. There wasn't much warning to prepare for it this time.

I think you and your friends have done just fine Joshua...it is a learning curve when confronting some of the supernatural aspects of our faith....but exciting and rewarding....the disciples were over the moon that the demons were subject to the authority that Jesus gave them over the demons. I strongly disagree with the formal aspects of David of Derby's post...each of us has the Holy Spirit and brings Jesus with us into any given situation, although obviously one has to be wise in who gets involved in something like this.

I would also mention that prayer and fasting should not necessarily be suddenly undertaken in a crisis situation as I don't think that was the import of Jesus' words, rather it should be a life-style out of which you are able to confront each situation that arises, humbly and in the power of His might.....often there is not time to fast and pray, the situation is upon you.

In Messiah. Botz

Thanks brother

• Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Why do you disagree? Do you think the demonic forces of hell are something to take lightly? Even someone who is part way to becoming a saint can be possessed. What makes you think any Tom, Dick or Harry can perform an exorcism safely effectively? You think it's just a matter of believing in Jesus?

You need the help of properly trained and experienced exorcists. Messing about with amateur exorcisms is even more dangerous than dabbling in the occult.

I strongly disagree with you. Demons are cast out through the power of Holy Spirit who dwells in all believers. All believers have authority in the Lord.

Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.

• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

I strongly disagree with you. Demons are cast out through the power of Holy Spirit who dwells in all believers. All believers have authority in the Lord.

Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Luke 10:17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name."

18 And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."

Yeah I agree. The power of the Holy Spirit resides in all believers and we do not need to wait around for a "big wig" to arrive before we can move in that power. Obedience and discernment is required here. Let not man made authority structures get in the way of the movement of the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  18

Hi David,

I mainly disagree with where you are coming from....I believe it is right to have an element of caution (not fear) and that it is best to have people that know what they are doing....but that doesn't mean professional clergy, simply some mature Believers.

What I find worrying is when you say:

I would encourage Michael and everyone involved in this situation to find your local Anglican or Roman Catholic parish priest and ask for help in this matter. Even if you're of another demonination no decent minister will refuse to see you or help you. As well as seeking this help, I would suggest that Michael be encouraged to practice his faith at every opportunity, to take Communion especially and to study the Bible. If he feels it appropriate, saying the Rosary would also be helpful, and for those of you praying for him, saying the Rosary for him would be very effective. Many reports from Catholic exorcisms mention the specific intercession of the Blessed Virgin. I would also reccomend the Prayer to St. Michael, both as a powerful prayer against evil and doubly because this man is named after the great Archangel. St. Michael's intercession is also regularly mentioned by Catholic exorcists and is even called for in the Roman Ritual.

Above all, though, seek the help of your parish priest and referral to the properly-appointed exorcist.

I apologise if any find my tone superior or condemnatory. This issue is too important to mince words.

No worries about finding a minister if that needs to be done, but Joshua indicated things were well in hand...and finding a minister does not guarantee that they are by any means better qualified, or have experience...besides I expect he is covered by the leadership in his Church.

Saying the rosary is a particularly unhelpful suggestion bearing in mind that the majority of us here are not Roman Catholic, and the inclusion of the Catholic version of Mary and St Michael as aids, are equally inappropriate, especially in the context of Worthy that does not in any way promote or encourage some of the unscriptural elements of Roman Catholic teaching.

Others have answered well and give similar reasons that I won't repeat here....but each of us carry within us the power and authority of the Holy Spirit, and the fact is that sometimes even a child can minister powerfully by the grace of G-d.

In Messiah. Botz

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know what the copyright laws are with regards to Facebook, so I don't know if its OK to post any of this.

But here's the link for those with Facebook:

A Demon, A Sound, and A Sword

by Jason Lee Jones and the Richest of Fare Band on Monday, May 23, 2011 at 10:26am

Click here

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

You don't have to be Roman Catholic to benefit from the Rosary, or from the theological benefits of an understanding of Saint Mary. I find the outright rejection of one of the oldest and widely-held Christian traditions in the world very troubling, and more than a little reminiscent of teenage rebellion.

Man-made authority structures, indeed.