Warning! Thread hijack in process!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

You don't have to be Roman Catholic to benefit from the Rosary, or from the theological benefits of an understanding of Saint Mary. I find the outright rejection of one of the oldest and widely-held Christian traditions in the world very troubling, and more than a little reminiscent of teenage rebellion.

Man-made authority structures, indeed.

Well I am not going to hi-jack the thread after Nebula's warning....but if you want to discuss some of the aspects of Roman Catholic tradition perhaps you and I can have a soap-box debate at some stage when the present debate has run its course, or perhaps you would like to start a thread that encompasses some aspects of traditional orthodoxy that you think are of great benefit....mind you I am not sure if the ToS of these boards allows for that sort of debate....I'd need to find out first as there seems to be a degree of sensitivity when discussing Roman Catholic traditional beliefs. Best regards. Botz

You don't have to be Roman Catholic to benefit from the Rosary, or from the theological benefits of an understanding of Saint Mary. I find the outright rejection of one of the oldest and widely-held Christian traditions in the world very troubling, and more than a little reminiscent of teenage rebellion.

Man-made authority structures, indeed.

Indeed

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

Some Might

... Demons

The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Jeremiah 7:18

... Are Not Pleasing To The LORD

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: Exodus 34:14

... And You Sir Would Have Us Slander Our Beloved Sister Mary

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.

He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;

As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever. Luke 1:46-55

... And Her LORD

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. Hebrews 7:25-27

... And Her Children

Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things? Matthew 13:55-56

... Too

Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. Mark 6:3-4

... One Teacher

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. Matthew 23:8

... One Papa

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Matthew 23:9

... One LORD

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. Matthew 23:10

... One Body

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Ephesians 4:4-7

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

... Dear One

... To Know The Son

... Don't Try Asking The Dead (You Will Get A Demon Don't You Know)

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Deuteronomy 18:10-12

... Just Ask Jesus (He's God Don't You Know)

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:8-14

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1967

Mr 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mr 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Mt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

GOD has given us every thing we need to accomplish the task that HE has laid before us we must remember to put the full armor of GOD every day Ephesian 6 and stay prayed up. and remember JESUS has already won the battle on the cross HE said it is finished so all we must do is finish the race.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

GOD has given us every thing we need to accomplish the task that HE has laid before us we must remember to put the full armor of GOD every day Ephesian 6 and stay prayed up. and remember JESUS has already won the battle on the cross HE said it is finished so all we must do is finish the race.

:thumbsup:

Although Many Many Will Glory In Man And In The Devices Of Men And Demon

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

A Few Will Take Their Glory In The LORD

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Knowing He Is Worthy

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Oh So Worthy

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. Revelation 5:12-13

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

David,

I find Fresnoe Joe is a lesson in humility. He never will fail you because his words are not his but Gods. Also, if memory serves me, Fresnoe Joe took part in an excorcism. I would ask for his prayers instead of being frustrated by him.

Oak

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

That at least gives me some hope, I have yet to see any of that happen. It is scary to hear that it can though.

My daughter is getting into witchcraft, and in particular necromancy. I've had a couple times that you can just feel something ominous like something terrible is abut to happen but nothing does, most often it comes from the rooms she spends the most time in. I came here not knowing what to do, beyond surrounding myself with other people but it feels like something I should deal with before it gets to the point where things manifest.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

There are tests that are use by exorcists to discern true demonic involvement from mental illness, and it should be stressed that a properly trained and authorised exorcist will only be involved after all medical avenues have been explored and found useless.

Nowhere does it say in scripture that a born again believer needs proper training in casting out demons. Jesus said it is a mark of any believer that we are able to cast out demons. Why? Because we walk in His authority as we are called to do so.

Mark 16:17

These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.

Qualifying certain Christians to command demons is what happens when religion gets hold of things. Jesus is our qualifier, and when we walk in His Spirit, we will act in His behalf concerning brothers and sisters in Christ and their bondages.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Lord Jesus,

Even though this was posted almost a yr ago, God I ask & pray that u watch over this man. That u keep him safe in the palms of ur hands.. God, I ask that u give him the strength 2 keep his view on u. That u soften & open his heart in order 4 him 2 accept & love u. Ur amazing, God & I know that u can do the impossible.. I trust u God & have faith in u.. I love u with all ma heart & soul bc ur so good 2 us.. Ur amazing & that will never change bc u r the God of yesterday, 2day, & 2morrow.. I Thank u God.

Lord,

I also pray 4 these 3... U sent them 2 do a job & they did it as well as they possibly could. They used their knowledge & wisdom that u gave them & 4 that I thank u. I ask that u bless them each 5x 4 the hardwork that they did, Lord, & 4 not fleeing when having the chance. I ask that u keep giving them the strength & knowledge that they need. Also Lord, that u never leave their sides. U r TRULY remarkable God & I will never stop thanking u.. So, Thank u God.. Amen.

• 8 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

Keep in this faith and always dissect what is good, and help everyone around you, be spiritual and avoid heresy. God luck.