GlidingWings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

I heartily disagree, MG. We are told to study the Word, that includes prophecy. There is nothing wrong with studying the rapture or the trib, investigating both sides etc. The whole thing is of God, not of man. It becomes of man when winning the debate is placed ahead of learning His Word.

Yes, we ARE told to study His Word. The debate over the timing of the Rapture is a mortal endeavor. The Bible doesn't even mention it, only the Second Coming.....Revelation tells us what will happen, there aren't two sides to investigate.

Mark 13:32 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The command for Man in his coming is:

Matt 25:13: "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming."

This is not a proof text indicating we cannot know whether the rapture is pre or post trib. It just means what it says, that no one knows the day or hour. Not that we can't know the timeline. Infact, the disciples asked Jesus, and He told them :thumbsup: . And what do you think 1 Thess 4 is about, if not the rapture?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

*sigh*... why is it that the mid and post trib people always feel like it's their responsibility to point out that the pre-trib people are wrong? i find it ironic that i've never seen a pre-trib person put down the beliefs of the mid and post tribbers. it really reminds me of the liberals and conservatives... you know how one side is always so pushy and belittling to the other side? this is not a salvational issue. i'm sure we'll all be happy to see each other in heaven, no matter at what point we get there. can i please here an amen? or two or three or five hundred? then maybe it will drown out the accusations of heresy that are bound to arise.

Amen.

/rant mode on

I've seen "proofs" of pre, mid, and post rapture. I'm not impressed.

Frankly I'm sick and tired of all the arguing over when the rapture is going to happen. It's not a salvation issue, and I'm also tired of all sides trying to prove the other wrong. What ever happened to sharing the gospel with others?

/rant mode off

It appears that very few are arguing here. Maybe one or two are upset because others don't agree with their view, but that's pretty much par for the course. However, if you are really sick and tired of this, there is a simple solution... but, then again, that probably goes without saying? :taped:

I think we have to remember that some of us have been frequenting forums for so long that we've already had it up to our necks with eschatology discussions / debates and have no desire to discuss it / debate it anymore as a result. But others who are new to the forums, may not have had this "over exposure" and want to nut these ideas out. Let's let them. If you are sick of the topic, just don't join in, but if they want to discuss it, go for it! Otherwise this place will get very boring and quiet, quickly.

I don't mean to make light of a serious topic but I have said it before and I'll say it again, "I'm just gonna make busy like the boss is coming. So when he does, I'm always ready." I don't have my eyes on the end-- although the concept of a millennial kingdom and even just laying eyes on Christ before crossing the threshold from this life to the next is a fantastic idea, I know that either way, I'm going to meet him

Oh So Hallelujah~!

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:5-6

To Me The Rapture Is All About The LORD Jesus Christ

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

And About His Resurrection Power

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:23-25

And About His Love

Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack. The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:14-17

______

___

As For The Timing

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:35-37

My Darling Wife Thinks It May Be Before The Tribulation (I'm A Coward And I Don't Want My Loved Ones To Go Through That Either!)

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Smart Girl! Whereas I Think The Resurrection Could Happen As Christ Returns Back

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2

Down To His Beloved Jerusalem

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zechariah 12:10

And Israel

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16

_________

______

___

And As For Doctor Tim, That Dear Old Brother From Detroit

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

Who Am I

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:18

_________

______

___

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Be Very Blessed

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:27

Love, Your Brother Joe

_________

______

___

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 1:14-16

Maranatha~!

Guest LadyC

I think we have to remember that some of us have been frequenting forums for so long that we've already had it up to our necks with eschatology discussions / debates and have no desire to discuss it / debate it anymore as a result. But others who are new to the forums, may not have had this "over exposure" and want to nut these ideas out. Let's let them. If you are sick of the topic, just don't join in, but if they want to discuss it, go for it! Otherwise this place will get very boring and quiet, quickly.

but, key word is "eschatology". THIS is not the correct board for this discussion. those of us who don't like to see these discussions deteriorate (and they usually do) stay out of the eschatology threads. that's why it has its own section. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?/forum/10-eschatology/

but, key word is "eschatology". THIS is not the correct board for this discussion. those of us who don't like to see these discussions deteriorate (and they usually do) stay out of the eschatology threads. that's why it has its own section. http://www.worthychr...10-eschatology/

He has 10 posts, LadyC. Let's not crucify him just yet. So he technically posted in the wrong forum? Perhaps the board mods will move it. Either way, I see no harm in letting the conversation continue.

Guest LadyC

i'm not sweating it, nor crucifying him, nor saying the discussion has to end. i was simply pondering why it is that you never see a pre- or mid-tribber start these threads, and suggesting everyone bear in mind that this is not a salvational issue and should not become a tit for tat argument over who is right and who is wrong....

this is not a salvational issue. i'm sure we'll all be happy to see each other in heaven, no matter at what point we get there. can i please here an amen? or two or three or five hundred? then maybe it will drown out the accusations of heresy that are bound to arise.

i'm not sweating it, nor crucifying him, nor saying the discussion has to end. i was simply pondering why it is that you never see a pre- or mid-tribber start these threads, and suggesting everyone bear in mind that this is not a salvational issue and should not become a tit for tat argument over who is right and who is wrong....

this is not a salvational issue. i'm sure we'll all be happy to see each other in heaven, no matter at what point we get there. can i please here an amen? or two or three or five hundred? then maybe it will drown out the accusations of heresy that are bound to arise.

They do start this kind of thread. Like it or not, the sin nature affects people on both sides of this camp and no one camp gets to claim innocence when vicious debates start.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

I don't usually get involved in pre/mid/post rapture discussions as normally most posters are set in their ideas and don't change their views. There is nothing wrong with discussing these things and seeing if we can come to an understanding on the topic but usually these topics end up in fights where each side goes to the other: "I'm right and you are wrong." I am more than able to understand that I may have it wrong, just as others may do too, so I am prepared to go at a moments notice but at the same time prepared to stay for as long He needs me too - even if that means going through the tribulation. I am pre trib but to me it isn't important to my salvation. As this is not important to my salvation I believe in doing as Jesus said: Mat 24:42 Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes. That should be the attitude of us all.

Anyway that is my thoughts on the subject.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I don't usually get involved in pre/mid/post rapture discussions as normally most posters are set in their ideas and don't change their views. There is nothing wrong with discussing these things and seeing if we can come to an understanding on the topic but usually these topics end up in fights where each side goes to the other: "I'm right and you are wrong." I am more than able to understand that I may have it wrong, just as others may do too, so I am prepared to go at a moments notice but at the same time prepared to stay for as long He needs me too - even if that means going through the tribulation. I am pre trib but to me it isn't important to my salvation. As this is not important to my salvation I believe in doing as Jesus said: Mat 24:42 Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes. That should be the attitude of us all.

Anyway that is my thoughts on the subject.

Hugs for you Nyoka. :emot-hug:

You hit the nail on the head. In this thread you have a few that got their feathers ruffled up. Satan must be laughing his keister off. While many are arguing over the timing of this mysterious future event, many are overlooking the most important aspect of it, and that is keeping watch and being ready for Him when comes. It really doesn't matter when He comes, but we better be ready when He does.