IGNORED

he said, she said...

Guest LadyC

Thanks for the welcome, Lady C.  :t2:

I look forward to getting to know everybody, even if I have to figure out the WB cast on my own!    :LOL:

LOL, i should clarify the throwing pies comment, lest you think anyone throws REAL pies! there's a favorite image people like to post, usually during friendly banter (and occasionally during heated debates), that shows a guy being splattered with a pie. i don't have that image URL handy or i'd show you.

can someone please initiate bad biker with lemon merangue? :)

Great topic Lady!!!

Well, I don

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

uh, thanks. But Bad Biker is a she

and SHE likes CHOCOLATE. :tongue:

Edited by bad biker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

i've noticed several threads of late that have started out with good intentions only to deteriorate into little squabbles. so i thought i'd post a suggestion... please don't take offense to me giving examples using names, i'm not pointing fingers at anyone, i'm just illustrating a point, and may not even get the names correct to the position.

if you think someone in sin because she smokes, pray for her to hear God's voice and respond to the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

if you think someone in sin because he throws pies at people, pray for him to hear God's voice and respond to the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

if you think someone is decieved because she doesn't believe in OSAS, pray for her.

if you think someone is decieved because he does believe in OSAS, pray for him.

if you believe someone is in denial because he believes gays can be christians, pray for him. and then pray some more :t2:

if you believe someone is in sin because she may enjoy an occasional glass of wine, pray for her.

if you believe a moderator is in sin because he locks down a thread, pray for him.

folks, we can all do the work of the Father... but at what point does it become our own work and not His? we speak our opinions on a subject, and if God uses that to convict a person's heart, great. if He doesn't convict the person, OR if the person is just ignoring God, who are we to decide that? WE don't know the mind of God, and therefore we can't know how He chooses to work on another.

what we SHOULD know is this... to keep insisting 'i'm right and you're wrong' is not going to do anything but set the other person's resolve even more firm. thus, with all good intentions, we cease being effective and begin interfering with the work God is trying to do.

I will allow you the freedom

and the room to grow,

and trust God to orchestrate

those changes without my interference,

until the day He calls us home.

the above is a portion of my wedding vows.... my favorite part, and yet the one i have to remind myself of the most frequently. i think we could all apply it to ourselves in relation to how we deal with each other.... trust God to orchestrate those changes without our interference.

it doesn't interfere to state what we believe, or to point out scripture. but it does interfere when we hound each other incessantly with our beliefs on certain issues.

edited so that mods don't get any complaints over names :P

Nice LadyC, very nice. :P:)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1974

Great Post C! :hug: