IGNORED

Would Jesus have attended a pro-rights rally?

nebula

That doesn't answer my question, anything I glean from that, can't be applied to you without speculating. So what do you think Jesus would be doing at a rally, if He went?

Three chapters in 4 minutes. That's pretty fast. :thumbsup:

If you go back and read my first post in this thread, you'll have your answer. Or you can speculate. It's up to you.

:047:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

This is your first post. It doesn't clearly state what you think Jesus would be doing at a rally. Jesus is sitting down to a meal with tax collectors and sinners. How does this inform you about what He would do at a rally if He were there? Sit down and eat?

Matthew 9

10 Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.

11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples,

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Man, what do you think Jesus would be doing at this rally?

:huh:

It was a serious question. I assume that attendance at a rally implies support of the ideal the rally is pushing. If you don't agree with that assumption, then it does not immediately follow for you that Jesus' attendance there is so He can support the ideal. So, what is He doing there, according to you? Marching? Preaching? Pretending to be oblivious to the sin being promoted while talking to the lost? I'm serious here man, what is it you think Jesus would do if He did "attend" a rally?

Go to the book of Matthew and read chapters 5,6, and 7. :)

Man - would you please quit being obstinate. All it does is provoke strife.

On the night that Jesus was arrested, Peter stumbled 3 times. That's one documented individual. How many others do you think stumbled in the days that followed?

And how does this not conflict with what Paul said about eating meat sacrificed to idols?

I don't know, tell me. Peter stumbled 3 times. It's in the Word, we can't dispute it. What's that got to do with Paul's writings?

1 Cor. 8

1 Now concerning things sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies. 2 If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know ; 3 but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him. 4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. 7 However not all men have this knowledge ; but some, being accustomed to the idol until now, eat food as if it were sacrificed to an idol ; and their conscience being weak is defiled. 8 But food will not commend us to God ; we are neither the worse if we do not eat, nor the better if we do eat. 9 But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols ? 11 For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died. 12 And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

Now, if your attending a gay rights rally will cause a weaker brother to stumble, are you acting in love to the brethren?

Or will you condemn the weaker brethren for their weakness while supposedly evangelizing to the lost?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Jesus didn't come to reform democracy by organizing protest groups. He is not pro-democracy... He is pro=theocracy... He will not reform when He returns He will takeover... Our job as Christians is to be Salt & Light it stark contrast to the world's eartly wisdom, that we might save some from out of the culture. we are not here to save the culture. In the words of Dr Tony Evans, "Jesus is not coming back on AirForce One!"

This is your first post. It doesn't clearly state what you think Jesus would be doing at a rally. Jesus is sitting down to a meal with tax collectors and sinners. How does this inform you about what He would do at a rally if He were there? Sit down and eat?

Is that really all you got out of that passage? "Jesus is sitting down to a meal...".

What was Jesus' response when confronted by the Pharisees?

"I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Now if someone is calling sinners to repentance, what exactly are they doing? What was Jesus doing in those chapters I asked you to read? What did He do day in and day out until the day He was arrested? Do I really have to spell it out for you?

I asked you directly because I didn't want to speculate, but it seems you don't want to give a clear answer. Makes it very hard to have meaningful dialogue.

People have become so accustomed to being spoonfed the answers to their questions that they are losing the ability to think on their own. If you had taken the time to actually read my posts, you would found the answer to your question. Like I said, it was in my very first post.

On the night that Jesus was arrested, Peter stumbled 3 times. That's one documented individual. How many others do you think stumbled in the days that followed?

And how does this not conflict with what Paul said about eating meat sacrificed to idols?

I don't know, tell me. Peter stumbled 3 times. It's in the Word, we can't dispute it. What's that got to do with Paul's writings?

1 Cor. 8

1 Now concerning things sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies. 2 If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know ; 3 but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him. 4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. 7 However not all men have this knowledge ; but some, being accustomed to the idol until now, eat food as if it were sacrificed to an idol ; and their conscience being weak is defiled. 8 But food will not commend us to God ; we are neither the worse if we do not eat, nor the better if we do eat. 9 But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols ? 11 For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died. 12 And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

Now, if your attending a gay rights rally will cause a weaker brother to stumble, are you acting in love to the brethren?

Or will you condemn the weaker brethren for their weakness while supposedly evangelizing to the lost?

Let's substitute 3 words in verse 13.

13 Therefore, if food "evangelizing" causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat "evangelize" again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

How does that look? Do you think Paul would agree with that? Do you think God is going to give you a :thumbsup: for not preaching the Gospel out of fear of your appearance?

How many christians stand outside of abortion clinics and witness to the people coming and going? Should they stop what they're doing out of fear that someone might get the wrong idea and question their motives? Should we stop evangelizing in the streets out of fear that someone might see us talking to a drug addict?

Is our appearance so important that we must compromise the commandments of God? Do we take the Light we were given and hide it out of fear or a maybe or do we plant that light atop the highest hill for all to see?

13 Therefore, if food "attending a gay rally" causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat "attend a gay rally" again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

How does that look?

13 Therefore, if food "attending a gay rally" causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat "attend a gay rally" again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

How does that look?

There's a difference in simply attending a rally vs evangelizing at that rally.

There's a difference in simply attending a rally vs evangelizing at that rally.

Eh-hem:

You didn't ask if He would be a participant evangelizing. :rolleyes: You asked if He would attend.

Here's the topic title, "Would Jesus have attended a pro-rights rally?". The OP is posted below. Both ask if Jesus would attend.